TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
RickStrobel

Revolution S02E06 - A Monster in the Backyard

Of course Monroe is not really dead. Rachel switched the drug for the lethal injection. She'll finish digging him up to start next episode.

Who is this new creepy guy that just rode into town? Was Aaron just doodling on his comic book and drew the same symbol he later saw on the wagon? it looked a lot like the Patriot's seal / symbol.

And why is nobody interested in turning the power back on?

Possible answer(s) - it would give too much power to the Patriots. They need to defeat the Patriots before restoring electricity.

Also, it's not clear to me why they left the tower. What happened after Randall shot himself and the nukes landed far away in Philly and Atlanta?
RickStrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
jeepair

Monroe should be dead by suffocation. If they somehow wake him up it should be Aaron somehow with the green bugs. He should also have a big headache after being dropped down into the grave from that height. lol.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
rich
Final answer?

This show is a mess. And now we have Neville's son as some sort of Terminator. Sigh.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStrobel View Post
And why is nobody interested in turning the power back on?

Possible answer(s) - it would give too much power to the Patriots. They need to defeat the Patriots before restoring electricity.

Also, it's not clear to me why they left the tower. What happened after Randall shot himself and the nukes landed far away in Philly and Atlanta?
They showed all the computers blowing up in the first episode this season when Aaron was frantically trying to turn the power back on to stop the missiles. Maybe that part of the tower is no longer functional and can't control the nanites?

I also think that is why the Patriots are looking for Rachel.
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
pkscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
I also think that is why the Patriots are looking for Rachel.
They can't be looking very hard. She's using her real name (unlike Stu) and her dad is a Patriot. So they might be "looking" for her, but since they know right where she is, I'm betting there's more to it than that.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
kettledrum

Quote:
Who is this new creepy guy that just rode into town?
I saw him and thought how did that director of intelligence guy get out here to Texas? Oh wait....different show...I'm combining this with The Event!

Cool to see him again.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
I saw him and thought how did that director of intelligence guy get out here to Texas? Oh wait....different show...I'm combining this with The Event!

Cool to see him again.
Zeljko Ivanek.

This guy's in EVERYTHING!! He was in the first season of Damages. He was in True Blood, Argo, The Event, Heroes and the John Adams mini-series to name a few. He's a very good character actor and while he never seems to be in a lead role whatever role he does play he does very well. I always like him in any show he is in.

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Of course Monroe is not really dead. Rachel switched the drug for the lethal injection. She'll finish digging him up to start next episode.
Of course, dear daddy, the MD, didn't notice that Monroe wasn't really dead.
And Miles has to be really stupid if he hasn't figured out Dad turned in Monroe.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Of course, dear daddy, the MD, didn't notice that Monroe wasn't really dead.
I figured it was that drug (does it exist outside of movies/TV?) that makes somebody look dead, and he can be revived within a certain period. And when they try to revive him, it looks like it doesn't work, and then it looks like it doesn't work again, and everybody settles back all sad and weepy, and suddenly the guy sits up with a huge gasp for air.

You know the drug I'm talking about.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
JYoung
Series 3

That reminds me.

Pharmaceuticals have to be in short supply (it's not like they're going to have an easy time manufacturing more).

I can't see Texas wasting them on an execution.
Easier just to hang him.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 11-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Easier just to hang him.
They could use that rope (does it exist outside of movies/TV?)...
Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #12
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Did we ever find out who Grace was communicating with on her computer way back in the first episode of season 1?
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #13
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I figured it was that drug (does it exist outside of movies/TV?) that makes somebody look dead, and he can be revived within a certain period. And when they try to revive him, it looks like it doesn't work, and then it looks like it doesn't work again, and everybody settles back all sad and weepy, and suddenly the guy sits up with a huge gasp for air.

I'm really sure that in the non-technological society that he lived in, Shakespeare used that drug--certainly in Romeo and Juliet, and maybe in other plays as well.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Did we ever find out who Grace was communicating with on her computer way back in the first episode of season 1?
I assume it was the people living in the tower.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
morac
Cat God

Quote:
That reminds me. Pharmaceuticals have to be in short supply (it's not like they're going to have an easy time manufacturing more). I can't see Texas wasting them on an execution. Easier just to hang him.
Monroe made the comment that Texas was making a show of things and should just shoot him.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a high demand for pharmaceuticals that kill people (aka poisons).
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #16
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Wasn't she talking to the guy at the tower, the one that shot himself after launching the Nukes?
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Monroe made the comment that Texas was making a show of things and should just shoot him.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a high demand for pharmaceuticals that kill people (aka poisons).
You can poison yourself by taking too much aspirin. Something that is poisonous at higher doses can have medicinal purposes at lower doses.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 11-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #18
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post

Yeah...I figured the same.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #19
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Why do I still watch?

Should I can the season pass now or wait to see Monroe "come back to life". It was so clear that Rachel was doing "something" to make sure he didn't die. I was expecting to see him pop back up right at the end of the episode. But he didn't. But surely, he will somehow. Maybe just like Aaron did.

When was the last time they even mentioned getting power restored? Seems like the show is no longer about that. We are gonna have a multi sided Civil War now. Meh... so don't care.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #20
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Why do I still watch?

Should I can the season pass now or wait to see Monroe "come back to life". It was so clear that Rachel was doing "something" to make sure he didn't die. I was expecting to see him pop back up right at the end of the episode. But he didn't. But surely, he will somehow. Maybe just like Aaron did.

When was the last time they even mentioned getting power restored? Seems like the show is no longer about that. We are gonna have a multi sided Civil War now. Meh... so don't care.
If (when?) Monroe comes back to life, I'm done. This Civil War thing doesn't interest me really. First of all, we are not even sure who is supposed to be the good guys here. Watching this Civil War play out is a lot like watching an Eagles- Cowboys game. You know you want both teams to lose, and you know it's not possible so you watch, unsure of who to root against.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
pmyers

I need some movement on Aaron's new abilities pretty quickly or I'm out. Luckily it looks like we might make some progress tonight.

Also I need them to get out of that town ASAP.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Someone asked early on this season about the possibility of the power coming back on, and Aaron said that he was sure it wouldn't happen, then there was a flashback showing the computers in the tower being destroyed (sparks and fire). I assumed we were being told that those computers were the only way to turn the nanites off, so with them gone, it's no longer possible to disable them. That is, until the writers come up with another unlikely control mechanism.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Old 11-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #23
jeepair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Someone asked early on this season about the possibility of the power coming back on, and Aaron said that he was sure it wouldn't happen, then there was a flashback showing the computers in the tower being destroyed (sparks and fire). I assumed we were being told that those computers were the only way to turn the nanites off, so with them gone, it's no longer possible to disable them. That is, until the writers come up with another unlikely control mechanism.
I'm guessing he is the new control mechanism and eventually he will find out he can have them do whatever he wishes. Maybe the nanites will become self aware and not like Aaron killing some of their kin by fire.
jeepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
....When was the last time they even mentioned getting power restored? Seems like the show is no longer about that. We are gonna have a multi sided Civil War now. Meh... so don't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
If (when?) Monroe comes back to life, I'm done. This Civil War thing doesn't interest me really. First of all, we are not even sure who is supposed to be the good guys here. Watching this Civil War play out is a lot like watching an Eagles- Cowboys game. You know you want both teams to lose, and you know it's not possible so you watch, unsure of who to root against.
Well, the name of the show is REVOLUTION. Normally when there's a revolution, there's a war. I'm assuming the thrust of the show is a revolt against the "U.S" government. Restoring the power will be a sideshow.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #25
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
Well, the name of the show is REVOLUTION. Normally when there's a revolution, there's a war. I'm assuming the thrust of the show is a revolt against the "U.S" government. Restoring the power will be a sideshow.
Well, we already had the revolution...against the Monroe Republic last season.

This is the bonus round.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #26
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
during the title shot in the opening, the name switches between EVOLUTION and REVOLUTION. Can we speculate that the nanites are evolving? The show is needing to find itself again after last year.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Wasn't she talking to the guy at the tower, the one that shot himself after launching the Nukes?
No, she was talking to someone else, and she said that Randall found her. And it was Randall that shot himself after launching the nukes. Since they kind of dropped that thread, I think we have to assume she was communicating with the tower, or one of the other people that had the amulets. Either way, it doesn't really matter now because that was the plot of S1. Getting the power back on is no longer what this show is about, and I'm happy about that. The power stuff was totally ridiculous. This new plot of a sinister conspiracy government trying to take over and acting like the "good guys" is much more interesting to me.

The little touch of sci-fi with Aaron and the nanites is just bonus.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #28
WO312

Quote:
during the title shot in the opening, the name switches between EVOLUTION and REVOLUTION. Can we speculate that the nanites are evolving? The show is needing to find itself again after last year.
Interesting thought. Maybe it's not so much the nanites are evolving as Aaron is evolving to control the nanites to win the revolution.

With a little help from the rest of the crew.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #29
WO312

Quote:
Interesting thought. Maybe it's not so much the nanites are evolving as Aaron is evolving to control the nanites to win the revolution.

With a little help from the rest of the crew.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #30
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Or maybe the nanites are going to alternate between evolving and revolving?

Spin, change. Spin, change. What more could a nanite want?