Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #31
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
What seems off to me is Alicia's easy acceptance of Peter using his position to help her (for example, she smiled when she saw his speech mentioning Internet taxation). Hasn't she resisted such things in the past?
That's why he didn't ask her first. He knew she'd say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post

This is the thing that is troubling. Yes, Peter has worked hard to get back with Alicia, but they have never really showed us her 'emotional' connection with him. She's used him for sex, yes. She's used his connections, yes. But she's never really let him back into her heart.
Or into her apartment.

(well she did for a while, but you know what I mean. She's in no rush to cohabitate.)
Old 10-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #32
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
That's why he didn't ask her first. He knew she'd say no.
But my point is that she smiled when he did it---Seems like the Alicia of the past would have been upset...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #33
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

It was a fairly minor transgression. Her smile was "there's Peter being Peter!" it wasn't illegal, which is a big thing for her. She always stays just this side, like when she told Robin she couldn't tell her what to do but sad dropping hints.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #34
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
I bet he doesn't.
[Chandler]
Have you seen her?
[/Chandler]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I am completely undecided on whether he will or not. I love that they've made him sufficiently complex that it could really go either way.

I can't believe that after however many seasons of rooting for Alicia and Will all of a sudden I'm rooting for Peter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
For me, I never rooted for Will. Not for a moment. I guess watching the imprisoned Peter work hard to gain his freedom, to turn his life around, and to begin the process of regaining Alicia's trust, made me root for him early on.

I have smiled at his fidelity, even though I've been shaken by the twists and turns trying to convince viewers of Peter's relapse, before we find out he has remained steadfast.

Now, obviously, the regaining of Alicia's trust is a work in progress. Despite her growing love, and/or desire for the man, she is wary at how easily his zipper came down in the past. I think if that were to happen again, Illinois might have yet another sordid scandal swirling around the governorship, with Alicia being very public about Peter's, um, peter.
I agree that the relationship between Peter and Alicia is complex.
I do think that Peter genuinely loves his children and tries to be a good father to them.

I think he does love Alicia but my question is does he love her enough?
Because Peter has his dark side as well.

He clearly likes power and I'm not convinced that he's totally innocent of the corruption charges that originally landed him in jail.

(I can't remember, did Alicia ever find out that Peter made some calls to get those drug charges against Zach dropped or not?)

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #35
dthmj
Hinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
My watches this every week but I've only seen some of a few here and there when I happen to be sitting in the room. I happened to watch all of this with her last night and thought it was great.

I never started watching since the premise made it sound like, to me, that it was nothing more than a Lifetime movie stretched into a series. I'm starting to wonder if I've been missing a really good show.
I've spent the last several weeks getting caught up with this show - starting at season 3... Hubby was the same - just watching occasionally while I watched. Sometimes he would sit down and watch, but usually it was while he was doing something else.

But last night I sat down to watch this episode - and he watched the first 30 seconds - and immediately stopped what he was doing and came over and sat on the sofa to watch it. We then had to watch the next episode.

This episode was soooooo good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Gaming Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- My brand new personal blog!
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote