TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
timhbtr53
Grumpy Old Man

Just a note

If you cancel your service with TiVo anytime soon like I did last night, get ready for the deal you can't refuse. I had 4 lifetime S3 TCD648250B OLED Models. I had one that I pickup for 50 bucks just for the slider and the wireless N adaptor. I added it to my account for 9.99 a month for two months. I called last night to cancel the only one I have that's not lifetime, the nice CSR woman ask me what or you going to do with the old unit? I told her I was going to box it up and stick it in closet. She then ask me would you like to put lifetime on that unit for 99 bucks? Well it took me about 10ns to say "SURE" So when you read the stories about getting a lifetime offer if you cancel you account well it WORKS.....

Last edited by timhbtr53; 05-28-2015 at 02:42 PM.
timhbtr53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:06 AM   #2
Series3Sub

I've done the twice now. I think the threshold for being allowed the $99 Lifetime is one has to have that DVR under subscription for at least 3 years. It seems if you make it clear you are going to deactivate, that seems to be the trigger for the CSR to look at if the DVR is illegible for the discount Lifetime. Otherwise, they seem not to mention it. Glad you got it.

Series3Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post: