TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
weathertop
No worries

Question Tivo Mini IR Receiver Location?

After searching here and shining a flashlight all over my new Tivo Mini, I'm looking for help on the following:

Does anyone know where the built-in IR receiver is located on the Tivo Mini?

I have an existing IR blaster that I use with my URC remote control. I've been able to run my Tivos for years by sticking this blaster over the location of the IR receivers.

...but, I'm not finding the location of the IR receiver on the Mini through trial and error.

"No 'bad things' will happen to you in your case" - TiVoStephen (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
weathertop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Digital Man

I have my IR blaster taped just to the right of the words "Tivo Mini" on the front. If you look half way between the "i" at the end of "Tivo Mini" and the light that is in the middle of the mini, mine is just slightly left of the half way point between these.

DM
Digital Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
weathertop
No worries

Perfect and thanks!

I was on the phone with Tivo Tier 2 support and they first told me to just place my blaster "on the front" of the Mini (Ummmm...yeah) and then over the power indicator on the front of the Mini. Neither of these suggestions proved helpful.

I placed my blaster at the location you indicated and I'm set! I have great response time with my URC remote at this location.
"No 'bad things' will happen to you in your case" - TiVoStephen (
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
weathertop is offline   Reply With Quote