TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
mangurian

I cut 50% of the cord

TIVO is absolutely the work of Satan.
I have had a premiere for about a year and it always has a bunch of recordings lined up for me to watch.

I have finally started to handle my video recordings the way I have treated books and NETFLIX for many years. If it doesn't grab me as REALLY good in the first minute or two, I delete it. Amazing how much time this has freed up.

You won't live long enough to go through all of the great books, great movies, and good TV so don't waste your time on the mediocre.

I feel liberated !

I don't know why this post would interest you. But, think about it.
mangurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
RusRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangurian View Post
TIVO is absolutely the work of Satan.
I have had a premiere for about a year and it always has a bunch of recordings lined up for me to watch.

I have finally started to handle my video recordings the way I have treated books and NETFLIX for many years. If it doesn't grab me as REALLY good in the first minute or two, I delete it. Amazing how much time this has freed up.

You won't live long enough to go through all of the great books, great movies, and good TV so don't waste your time on the mediocre.

I feel liberated !

I don't know why this post would interest you. But, think about it.
I totally agree with you on the time frame to determine if a movie/show is worth viewing but I disagree about Tivo being Satan. I find that with the recording ability Tivo has given me I can now not waste time viewing something live that is not worth my time.

That about that!!!
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Many times before TiVo I would spend 3 hours watching TV and most times it was just surfing from one show to another without really enjoying anything. Now I can watch what I want when I want to. I can watch a Bronco football game in a couple of hours and miss all the commercials and still slow frame the parts that I want to check out.

I do get a lot of DVDs at the library too.

Before going to bed, I like to watch a Big Bang Theory to relax me and have a smile on my lips right before drifting off to sleep.

I have one TiVo on that I keep on the news channels most of the time, that is so I can fast forward through the commercials and stuff I have no interest in.
I do have to be discriminating not too watch too much, as there is so much great stuff to watch now.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
mr.unnatural

I'm not sure why you're blaming Tivo for your programming choices. If you're using Tivo's Suggestions to pick the shows you watch then I'd agree with you about not wasting your time with them. If you're picking them yourself then you might want to look at the TV discussion sub forum or similar sites for info about new shows so you can make better decisions about what to watch.

FWIW, I record everything I watch so I can skip past commercials. That saves me an average of 15-18 minutes per one hour recording. That alone makes a DVR worthwhile for me.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Yeah, Tivo and chocolate!

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
mattack

I see nothing relating to cutting the cord...
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
dlfl
Cranky old novice

I guess there are various kinds of cords.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote