TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
wjcraigjr

no service on two TIVOs

How many TIVO users are affected by loss of service starting about 10/23/2013? Reps said the issue is being looked into, but can offer no time for return of service. I've had to restart the units when upgrades were made before, but never a total loss of service like this. Anybody have a better explanation as to the problem?
wjcraigjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
unitron

For some reason TiVo's servers get flaky as the holidays approach, and have for several years now, and the older the TiVo the worse it seems the problem is.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Whittaker

Happened to one of mine after it connected with the server Friday morning. Unit is neutered, no service, as if a subscription expired. It's saying it needs to be activated.

They said they were aware of the problem and it was system-wide. I'm not chancing allowing either of my other two to connect until they fix it.

Last edited by Whittaker : 10-26-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Whittaker is offline   Reply With Quote