TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
tivogurl

Best Android app to control a TiVo?

In the Google Play store I see the TiVo app, DVR Commander by Anthony Lieuallen, and Network Remote for Tivo by Matthew Kennedy. I have a Roamio Basic if it matters.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I just use the official TiVo app. What do the others do that the official one doesn't?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I just use the official TiVo app. What do the others do that the official one doesn't?
Well, DVR commander seems to be able to talk to my TiVo when I start it without "scanning network" interminably like the official TiVo app.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
tivogurl

One thing I don't like about the TiVo app is that when you delete a show in a folder, it takes you back to the top level Now Showing rather than staying in that folder. Very annoying if you're deleting multiple shows.

I think the TiVo app has a more pleasing font and visual presentation of the recording status icons (new etc).
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
Doit2it

I have NEVER gotten the official Tivo app to locate my TivoHD or my XL4. Yes, I have NRC turned on. They are both hard wired to a switch which is connected to my wireless router. Previously they were wired directly to the router and the app still didn't see my Tivo's. Very frustrating. I use RCX for Tivo because it allows you to set the IP address of your Tivo manually if needed. It's not the prettiest UI, but it works. If the Tivo app had this feature, I'd been using it a long time ago.

Update: Ignore everything I just said, one of the more recent updates must have fixed the issues I was having with my particular router/network. The Tivo app works now!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed

Last edited by Doit2it : 11-04-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote