TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
JANNINO

Roamio Pro and Premiere XL 4 on Same Network

I currently have 5 Tivo Premieres on the same wired network (2 are XL4) as well as a Tivo Stream. I am looking to purchase a Roamio Pro to replace one of the Premieres but have a couple of questions:
  • Will the Roamio be able to play the shows recorded on the Premieres and vise versa?
  • WIll I be able to transfer shows between the Roamio and Premiere?
  • WIll my ipad be able to stream shows from the 1) Tivo Stram from shows on the Premieres and 2) shows on the Roamio Pro which has a separate streaming device built in?
  • Any other issues I need to be concerned about with having a Roamio and Premiere on the same networK?

JANNINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
rainwater

1) Yes, you can stream shows between Roamio's and Premiere's just fine.
2) Yes, assuming the broadcaster allows it. MRV works the same between Roamio's and Premiere's.
3) Assuming your Roamio Pro is wired, there is really no need to keep the standalone stream on the network. The stream in the Roamio Pro will allow you to stream from any Premiere or Roamio on the network.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
mattack

You can stream _and copy_ between Roamio & Premiere 4.. I have 2, one right on top of the other.. and do that frequently.. (I stream usually, but once in a while copy.. can't remember why..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
ej42137

Yes, yes, yes and none that I am aware of.

After you have the Roamio up and working you can retire the Stream, it is redundant with the Roamio's integrated facility. I have found that to be a more reliable configuration, my Stream was prone to overheating.
ej42137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
59er
TiVotee

As another poster said above, you can only copy from box to box IF your cable co allows this (depends on their CCI byte settings). But if you can currently transfer between Premieres, you'll have similar experience with the Roamio.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote