TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
bryhamm
randomize

Survivor - Blood vs Water -- the finale

Glad it wasn't a bitter jury. Vytas is a dope though.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
InterMurph

Vytas kept true to his word.

Monica and Gervais had no chance to win against Tyson. Tyson's ability to convince them that they did makes him the champion.

Ciera and Tina had an opportunity for one final play: to prevent Tyson from giving Gervais the hidden immunity idol. They needed to come up with a story in which Tyson hears that Gervais is going to flip and vote for Monica. It would have to be convincing, but if it had been successful, Tyson would have either kept the idol for himself, or given it to Monica.

But the bottom line was that Tyson won this weeks ago, when Monica refused every entreaty to turn on her alliance. She and Gervais are the classic runner-up players.

PS I loved Monica's answer to Laura M: "Have you never met a nice person?"

Last edited by InterMurph : 12-16-2013 at 07:21 AM.
InterMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
Vytas kept true to his word.

Monica and Gervais had no chance to win against Tyson. Tyson's ability to convince them that they did makes him the champion.

Ciera and Tina had an opportunity for one final play: to prevent Tyson from giving Gervais the hidden immunity idol. They needed to come up with a story in which Tyson hears that Gervais is going to flip and vote for Monica. It would have to be convincing, but if it had been successful, Tyson would have either kept the idol for himself, or given it to Monica.

But the bottom line was that Tyson won this weeks ago, when Monica refused every entreaty to turn on her alliance. She and Gervais are the classic runner-up players.

PS I loved Monica's answer to Laura M: "Have you never mine a nice person?"
Didn't matter if Tyson gave gervace the hii or not ... Monica voted with them.

And I dont care if Vytas kept his word. It was a stupid "reason" IMO.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
gweempose

It wasn't among the best, but overall I found it to be a very enjoyable season. I'm glad Tyson won. He was by far the most deserving of the final five. He made a couple of small social blunders, but overall he played an incredibly solid game. By winning, he has also now officially redeemed himself for his idiotic mistake on Heroes vs. Villians.

I don't understand why Monica was so mad that Tyson gave Gervase the hidden immunity idol. After what she said at tribal, Tyson would have been an idiot not to give it to him.
(3) Minis

Last edited by gweempose : 12-15-2013 at 10:38 PM.
gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wasn't rooting for him, but Tyson deserved to win. He played well and he stayed on course thru the whole season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

In summary:

1. The best player won.
2. The season was neither terrible nor great.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #7
gweempose

The most shocking thing by far in the final episode was the fact that Tina beat both Hayden and Laura in a challenge involving strength and balance. I didn't think she had a prayer.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I don't understand why Monica was so mad that Tyson gave Gervase the hidden immunity idol. After what she said at tribal, Tyson would have been an idiot not to give it to him.
That's not why she was mad. She was mad that Tyson told Gervase that he had the idol and did not tell her.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleLC View Post
That's not why she was mad. She was mad that Tyson told Gervase that he had the idol and did not tell her.
I don't get that at all. We saw last week that he showed it to her to get her to calm down and stop talking.

I also wasn't rooting for any of them, but of the three, Tyson deserved it the most.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
I don't get that at all. We saw last week that he showed it to her to get her to calm down and stop talking.
I sit corrected. Here's what she said: "I'm in this with Tyson and Gerv, and I walked away from Tribal Council blindsided. They wouldn't have played an idol if they thought I was 100% with them."

Her thinking doesn't make sense, because it was the last Tribal Council in which the idol could be used. It would've been a waste to not use it.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
bleen
Protein from the Sea

I'm just surprised they didn't explore/exploit Monica's wacky thinking in the last few days (to be charitable, I'm sure it had a lot to do with dealing with all the elements and demands of the game for 37 days) -

"I'm going to do what's best for MY game, not anyone else's!" "How dare they play an idol against me when I've always been 100% with their alliance?!?"

"How could he have an idol and not tell me" {earlier footage shows them not only showing her the idol, but offering it her)
bleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #12
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
...the bottom line was that Tyson won this weeks ago, when Monica refused every entreaty to turn on her alliance. She and Gervais are the classic runner-up players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
In summary:
1. The best player won.
2. The season was neither terrible nor great.
these quotes cover my feelings on this season. i wasn't rooting for tyson, but he deserved the win, and planned it very well.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #13
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Dalton's recap: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...season-finale/

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #14
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Thought for a second Monica was going to take it.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:55 AM   #15
Family

An OK season in which the most unlikeable, no talented players participated.

1) Vytas - I understand why his brother can't stand him. What a complete idiot!

2) Monica - If I heard her refer to herself as "Monica" one more time I'd lose my last meal.

3) And of course Colon

You can add Rupert's wife in too, though she was just a nitwit.
Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #16
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The thing with Cochrane was funny. He's writing for sitcom tv now. I did miss them bringing Boston Rob back to banter with Jeff for a few moments though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"

Last edited by betts4 : 12-16-2013 at 08:28 AM.
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #17
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Katie sure was distracting to some of us during the reunion show.

I thought it was funny that Gervace didn't get a single vote.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #18
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
The thing with Cochran was funny. He's writing for sitcom tv now.
I suspect that if he were writing for a sitcom on another network, they wouldn't have bothered mentioning it at all.

I personally don't see being a sitcom writer as a step up after graduating from law school, but if it's providing him happiness, then good for him, I guess.

Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #19
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
That wasn't funny, it was entirely predictable.

The funny part was that Gervase thought that going against Tyson was his road to victory!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #20
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Katie sure was distracting to some of us during the reunion show.

I was thinking that someone thought it was smart to put Katie right behind (and on the next step up from) Tyson. I am not sure I even know what Tyson looked like as I was focused on other "distractions" every time.

Overall, I thought this was a good season. Although I hate the RI angle, this season it did play out well. Combined with the Blood vs. Water portion, voting strategy and Redemption Island added a whole new set of strategies.

Interesting that the final 4 were all former players.

Going in to the Final TC, there was no way at all that Monica would not vote for Tina. Tina had one 100% vote on the jury (Katie) and more than enough probable votes to win the game. Any idea that Tina had a chance would be selective editing. (If there was a chance, Tina & Monica blew it anyways. They would have to play dumb and not give Tyson any reason to give Gervese the HI necklace. )

Fortunately I skipped the Colton and Rupert interviews on the Reunion show. Those are two people I never want to see on Survivor again.

Did Kat really want to tell the world she got a Boob Job? (At least I assume that is what she was referring to.)

Felt really bad about Katie & Tina. It almost looked like Katie is not handling it well.

Tyson was the right winner. He did the best job this season.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #21
VegasVic
Craps Player

Agree with most of you, kind of a blase` season. The blood/water angle had a few interesting moments. An expected outcome.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #22
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I thought Tyson should win, and he did. I thought Monica had a chance to win, but she didn't play up the fact that she won a lot of challenges, especially early on when she was most vulnerable to being voted off. Big mistake. And I'm glad the jury didn't take it personally. Funny about juries, some are bitter and some are not. I think the fact that you had so many former players involved should have clued us in that this wouldn't be a bitter jury.

I thought it was a lot better season than I expected and I thought it would be terrible after Ep 1.

The Cochrane thing....what a shameless plug for The Millers. That was 5 minutes or so I wish I had back. I liked Cochrane and all, but really, who cares?
Old 12-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #23
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
That wasn't funny, it was entirely predictable.

The funny part was that Gervase thought that going against Tyson was his road to victory!
If he had been able to flip on Tyson in the last couple of rounds it could have been a road to victory. But Tyson having the HII and winning individual immunity put that possibility out of reach. If Gervace really was even thinking about doing it like he said he was.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #24
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
Did Kat really want to tell the world she got a Boob Job? (At least I assume that is what she was referring to.)
Yes.

Jeff's Q&A is up, and he said:

Quote:
EW: Iím sorry, but did Kat just tell everybody about her new boob job on your show? What the hell was going on there?
PROBST: As far as I can tell, Kat was trying to make a joke about new breast augmentation. I think the joke was, since she didnít make the merge, she got boobs to keep Hayden happy. But in her own charming way ó Katís explanation made it very difficult to follow, even for me and I thought I knew where she was heading. But of this I am certain ó she did get a boob job and she is happy with it.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #25
bryhamm
randomize

anyone got any screen caps of the reunion show, cause apparently I missed the Katie shots

Old 12-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #26
Byteofram
Survivor of C-bus

One of the best things in the finale was they didn't do the typical flashbacks on all the players that got voted out. I always dread that 15 minutes and they skipped it this time and I couldn't have been happier. I do feel the best player won. Not a bad season overall, especially since I usually hate when they bring back players...I always prefer a whole new crop of players.
Byteofram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #27
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byteofram View Post
One of the best things in the finale was they didn't do the typical flashbacks on all the players that got voted out. I always dread that 15 minutes and they skipped it this time and I couldn't have been happier.
Oh, hey, I didn't even realize when I was watching but I also FF through it and before I started I was wondering if I'd given myself enough of a buffer to not catch up to live tv between FF'ing the beginning season long recap, all the commercials, and the stupid torch/bonfire reminiscence.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #28
VegasVic
Craps Player

I didn't watch the reunion, any mention of whether there would be any returning players next season?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I didn't root for Tyson but he was the most deserving to win. I'm always glad when a jury doesn't get bitter and not vote for the best player.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #30
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I was hoping BBB stood for Big Brother Babes!!
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote