TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
boilerjt
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Roamio Upgrade Offer

Currently I own a 2 tuner Premiere with lifetime service and I received a Roamio upgrade offer from Tivo. I'm interested in a Roamio Plus and they are offering the DVR and lifetime service for $749.99 (a savings of $150.) After adding the item to the cart and entering the promo code, I see that the DVR is $350 and lifetime service is $399.99. Since I already have a unit activated with lifetime, this only looks like a $50 savings, not $150. From what I see, not a very good offer. Am I missing anything?
boilerjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerjt View Post
Currently I own a 2 tuner Premiere with lifetime service and I received a Roamio upgrade offer from Tivo. I'm interested in a Roamio Plus and they are offering the DVR and lifetime service for $749.99 (a savings of $150.) After adding the item to the cart and entering the promo code, I see that the DVR is $350 and lifetime service is $399.99. Since I already have a unit activated with lifetime, this only looks like a $50 savings, not $150. From what I see, not a very good offer. Am I missing anything?
Yes, you're missing the fact that lifetime service is per device, not per account.
__________________
Dave Harper
Director, Event Technology
ISF, CTS
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
boilerjt
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
I understand lifetime service is per device. Since I already have a unit with lifetime service, wouldn't a 2nd unit (Roamio Plus) on the same account qualify for the multi-service discount of $399.99 lifetime for the new unit, even if I bought the new unit at full retail price?

What I'm getting at is this offer was targeted at me by Tivo advertising an upgrade savings of $150, which in reality is a savings of $50, compared to buying a unit off the shelf at Best Buy and activating with lifetime.
boilerjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
lessd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 5,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerjt View Post
I understand lifetime service is per device. Since I already have a unit with lifetime service, wouldn't a 2nd unit (Roamio Plus) on the same account qualify for the multi-service discount of $399.99 lifetime for the new unit, even if I bought the new unit at full retail price?

What I'm getting at is this offer was targeted at me by Tivo advertising an upgrade savings of $150, which in reality is a savings of $50, compared to buying a unit off the shelf at Best Buy.
TiVo has been doing this for ever, saying that Lifetime Service is $499 and giving it to you for $399, saving you $100, and leaving out that you can get that $100 off on your own with MSD or the PLSR code. I assume some people fall for it, but not many who visit this Forum.
__________________
Les Daniels

_____________________________________________
3 Roamio Plus upgraded to 2Tb & 3Tb, and 2 Minis, Also 1 not used Humax Series 2 with a DVD burner
lessd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
boilerjt
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
TiVo has been doing this for ever, saying that Lifetime Service is $499 and giving it to you for $399, saving you $100, and leaving out that you can get that $100 off on your own with MSD or the PLSR code. I assume some people fall for it, but not many who visit this Forum.
Thanks Les, that was what I was assuming.
boilerjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
leepoffaith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 54
I got my Tivo Plus in addition to lifetime for $599 through one of the buyer's codes on ebay. I paid $30 for the code so lets say $630. It's still $60 cheaper then what they are giving a loyal customer. Seems pretty crappy to me.
__________________
Tivo Roamio Plus w/ Verizon FiOS Cable Card
2 Tivo Minis

Verizon FiOS TV Prime
Fully Loaded Entertainment Package
Verizon FiOS 75/35 Internet
leepoffaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
jrtroo
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,393
What does it mean to be a "loyal customer" than just an existing customer? I don't see the difference.
__________________
TiVo Owner
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
leepoffaith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 54
I was using them interchangeably, but I suppose current customer would be more appropriate.
__________________
Tivo Roamio Plus w/ Verizon FiOS Cable Card
2 Tivo Minis

Verizon FiOS TV Prime
Fully Loaded Entertainment Package
Verizon FiOS 75/35 Internet
leepoffaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #9
gary712
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 20
I also got this offer from tivo romio plus w/lifetime for $749. I called tivo and I cannot get an additional $100 off for being a loyal customer for over 11 years. What I want to know is the codes they are selling on ebay for $49 real? If so I can get a romio plus for $599 w/lifetime plus the $49 which is $200 cheaper than tivo
gary712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #10
squint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 692
Even better is to use the eBay codes and have a friend in Oregon buy them for you.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #11
gary712
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 20
does that mean the ebay codes work? and why Oregon?
gary712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
sakaike
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 26
Yes, the codes work flawlessly (see my post earlier today in the Roamio deals thread).

And I suspect Oregon because no sales tax...
sakaike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerjt View Post
I understand lifetime service is per device. Since I already have a unit with lifetime service, wouldn't a 2nd unit (Roamio Plus) on the same account qualify for the multi-service discount of $399.99 lifetime for the new unit, even if I bought the new unit at full retail price? What I'm getting at is this offer was targeted at me by Tivo advertising an upgrade savings of $150, which in reality is a savings of $50, compared to buying a unit off the shelf at Best Buy and activating with lifetime.
OK sorry, my bad. I must've interpreted it wrong. Your assumption is correct as others have verified.

I agree the codes are definitely the best option.
__________________
Dave Harper
Director, Event Technology
ISF, CTS
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #14
Bytez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 113
Yep, go with the codes on ebay. Tivo is making a raw deal!
Bytez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #15
brentil
Registered User
 
brentil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 309
So I went to the page and put a TiVo Plus in my cart while logged in.

TOTAL: $825.98 (w/tax)

Put in the code from the email and got the new "upgrade offer" price.

TOTAL: $772.74 (w/tax)

Yeah, $50 off isn't enough to make me upgrade...
__________________

  • To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  • To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #16
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentil View Post
So I went to the page and put a TiVo Plus in my cart while logged in. TOTAL: $825.98 (w/tax) Put in the code from the email and got the new "upgrade offer" price. TOTAL: $772.74 (w/tax) Yeah, $50 off isn't enough to make me upgrade...
Can you say, "eBay code?"
__________________
Dave Harper
Director, Event Technology
ISF, CTS
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #17
caddyroger
Registered User
 
caddyroger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Some where out west
Posts: 1,615
Inrested in buying a Roamo plus

What would be the best way and cheapest way to buy a Roamo Plus and get life time service with it?
__________________
Caddy
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #18
HarperVision
Registered User
 
HarperVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
What would be the best way and cheapest way to buy a Roamo Plus and get life time service with it?
I reiterate.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
Can you say, "eBay code?"
These are the prices: www.sellmoretivo.com
__________________
Dave Harper
Director, Event Technology
ISF, CTS
HarperVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #19
spherular
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
What would be the best way and cheapest way to buy a Roamo Plus and get life time service with it?
happy to help if I can
spherular is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |