TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2014, 04:49 AM   #1
pakostevens

tivo keeps trying to record reruns of SVU on usa

for the next couple weeks it looks like my tivo keeps wanting to record like 100+ episodes of ncis and l&o svu reruns on the usa network. I have season passes for both of these on cbs / nbc and both of those are set to first run only. all of the episodes that its scheduling to record do have the "R," on the info. anyone know whats up with this or how to fix it?

I have a series 3 TiVo HD XL btw.

thx!
pakostevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Do you have any Wishlists set up? That could be a reason why those reruns are being picked up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #3
supasta

I have what may be a similar problem with one show in particular that does the same thing. If I look into the To Do List, it always shows that it is scheduled to record every episode of this show (SP is NEW ONLY). However, only the new episodes record in the end.

It appears to do with the programming information. The show information always seems generic initially, so the TiVo shows it to record in the To Do List. Then, the program information seems to be updated prior to the airings, so only the new episodes actually record.

Checking other things like Wish Lists, as suggested by steve614, may also be a solution.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

The SPs affect only the channel that the season Pass is set for so it's likely that you're getting recorded suggestions. By default TiVo gives shows with a Season Pass one or two thumbs up (it used to be two but now I think it's only one) which causes it to record it as a suggestion when it sees it on other channels. Change the rating of the shows to neutral or a single thumb down. This won't affect your SPs but it will discourage recording them as a suggestion elsewhere.

Last edited by pdhenry : 02-23-2014 at 08:39 AM.
pdhenry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
By default TiVo gives shows with a Season Pass one or two thumbs up (it used to be two but now I think it's only one)
It has always been just one thumbs up for any user scheduled recording.

And the OP is not seeing a list of scheduled suggestions because there is no such list available to the user.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakostevens View Post
for the next couple weeks it looks like my tivo keeps wanting to record like 100+ episodes of ncis and l&o svu reruns on the usa network. I have season passes for both of these on cbs / nbc and both of those are set to first run only. all of the episodes that its scheduling to record do have the "R," on the info. anyone know whats up with this or how to fix it?

I have a series 3 TiVo HD XL btw.

thx!
Record this episode, season pass, and auto record wishlist use different icons to show how the episode was scheduled. On the list of upcoming episodes for each show, what icon is used to indicate which episodes will be recorded?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #7
pakostevens

they have the season pass icon for them. The only wishlist I have setup is keyword mortal kombat and I have record suggestions turned off. Makes no sense why it's trying to record these. Took like 20mins to sit there and cancel them all 1 by 1.
pakostevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #8
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakostevens View Post
they have the season pass icon for them. The only wishlist I have setup is keyword mortal kombat and I have record suggestions turned off. Makes no sense why it's trying to record these. Took like 20mins to sit there and cancel them all 1 by 1.
Before I'd do all that, I'd select one and then choose modify SP and then cancel the SP and then do the same for the other series. I'd be checking to see if the scheduled nbc and cbs episodes were also cancelled.

Did you check the SP manager for SP's set for usa?