TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > eBay Auction Central > Buyer/Seller Area
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
flashedbios

Wanted: Series 2 DT or RS-TX 20

I live in an analog area, and would like one of those units, for a 2nd bedroom, its a guest room and nobody uses it hardly ever. But I do have the occasional person use it maybe one week out of every month. would be nice for them to have Tivo service and a dvd player during their stay with me.
flashedbios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

A Series 2 has only an analog tuner to record from, so what would you do when those analog signals are gone? OTA has already gone digital, most cable companies have gone digital with only a few analog remaining.

I suggest not getting a Series 2, but a Series 3/HD or a 2 tuner Premiere, since they have both analog and digital tuners. The newer Roamios only has digital tuners.

BTW, you have not noted what is your source for TV, OTA, cable, satellite?

The Series 3/HD or 2 tuner Premiere will only work with OTA or analog/digital cable or both at the same time.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
flashedbios

With All due respect, the analog cable signals are not going anywhere for me. I live in an area with Two Competing cable companies. Mediacom, who I have for Internet only, and TVCable of Rensselaer. TVCable has said that they are not going digital for at least the next 4 to 5 years and they still transmit HBO over analog. They just invested in a bunch of Digital to Analog step down equipment last year so analog is not going anywhere. Like I said I did not want to spend a whole lot on high end (like a premiere) equipment for this room. I would prefer a RS-TX20 so I wouldn't have to sub the unti but a series 2 DT would be fine as well. looking to spend under 100
flashedbios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Well, if, whenever your cable provider either requires a cable box or has gone digital.
A Series 2 dual tuner will become a single tuner recorder, when that happens. A series 3 will never lose a tuner and always record 2 at once, using cable cards instead of a cable box.

A Series 3 (or Series 2) would be better and you can get service at 12.95/9.95 (multi-service discount) month, where as Premiere and above is 14.99/12.99 month.

You should be able to get $99 for lifetime of the box on these older than Roamio boxes, instead of 499.99/399.99.

You can get them at ebay or craigslist.

What I am trying to do is to future-proof your needs, and save money as well.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
nesbitttivo

Hey Flashedbios, I have a series 3 HD w/1tb internal HD and series 2 Humax DVR w/ DVD-RW recorder built-in for sale. Contact me either via email or PM if you're interested in buying.
nesbitttivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Quote:
I live in an analog area, and would like one of those units, for a 2nd bedroom, its a guest room and nobody uses it hardly ever. But I do have the occasional person use it maybe one week out of every month. would be nice for them to have Tivo service and a dvd player during their stay with me.
I have lots of TiVo of those sorts. Where do you live? I live in the Denver metro area.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote