TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #61
Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
My other thought as I was watching this episode was what are they doing with the walker "corpses" after killing them on the fence? Someone in this episode mentioned that there had been a big buildup overnight, so presumably all the fence walkers we saw in this episode weren't there the day before. So are they stabbing them all in the head and then going outside the fence and gathering up all the bodies? If so, where are they taking them? If not, why aren't there thousands of decaying corpses outside the fence?
Maybe it will be revealed that there are thousands of corpses in a mound near a lake/pond by the prison. Whoever has the job to remove them goofed and dumped them near their water supply. Now everyone is getting sick.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #62
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Did Sasha have a sword or was that something she picked up in the store?
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #63
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
My other thought as I was watching this episode was what are they doing with the walker "corpses" after killing them on the fence? Someone in this episode mentioned that there had been a big buildup overnight, so presumably all the fence walkers we saw in this episode weren't there the day before. So are they stabbing them all in the head and then going outside the fence and gathering up all the bodies? If so, where are they taking them? If not, why aren't there thousands of decaying corpses outside the fence?
The mantra all along has been "Bury the ones you love, burn the rest."

I suspect there is a burn detail not mentioned this episode.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #64
flyers088
tcf junior member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa77 View Post
Did Sasha have a sword or was that something she picked up in the store?
I thought it was a pool cue?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #65
GameGuru

What they need to do is go to a fire department in a nearby town, hook up a generator with a bunch of rigged up gas cans that auto feed the generator and have it blasting the fire alarm to draw all the zombies there. Prior to setting off the alarm you rig up explosives on all the buildings nearby and some along the streets. Once literally the majority of all zombies are surrounding the fire station you set all the explosives off destroying them.

Do this several times in surrounding towns and you should be left fairly safe in that area.
Roku 3
GameGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #66
LaurenLMHC

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru View Post
What they need to do is go to a fire department in a nearby town, hook up a generator with a bunch of rigged up gas cans that auto feed the generator and have it blasting the fire alarm to draw all the zombies there. Prior to setting off the alarm you rig up explosives on all the buildings nearby and some along the streets. Once literally the majority of all zombies are surrounding the fire station you set all the explosives off destroying them.

Do this several times in surrounding towns and you should be left fairly safe in that area.
That is brilliant! Too easy, though
LaurenLMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #67
GameGuru

What I am surprised isn't happening is that the sick and the elderly are not being exiled from the settlements because of a fear of them dying unexpectedly and now you have a zombie within your secured area. I could see it being dramatic because it could be having people making a "Sophie's Choice" like decision, having to exile a loved one to a sure death or letting them stay but putting everyone in danger.

Could pull some heartstrings!
Roku 3
Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #68
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Wasn't the chopper leaking fuel? How much can those hold? How does fuel affect a roof over the course of a year? It was already dripping into the store (on the wine display).
That was water dripping.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #69
fmowry

With DevdogAZ on most of his points. The raining zombies through separate holes with some exploding and some jumping right up and going toward the survivors was hokey. I know zombies decay and some explode easier than others but if the zombies on the roof all died during the helicopter crash they would all have the same rate of decay and all either explode on impact or jump right up.

And the camp must have been occupied by Mormons as that was a huge beer/liquor section and all of the cases were meticulously stacked with apparently none missing from the large stacks. I think if I was holed up in a camp I couldn't easily leave with not much to do I'd be drinking quite a bit.

Oh yeah, if Rick died in this episode it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Could it have been more obvious that they 'new guy' whose girlfriend wouldn't say goodbye to him was going to be the first to go?
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:13 PM   #70
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru View Post
What I am surprised isn't happening is that the sick and the elderly are not being exiled from the settlements because of a fear of them dying unexpectedly and now you have a zombie within your secured area. I could see it being dramatic because it could be having people making a "Sophie's Choice" like decision, having to exile a loved one to a sure death or letting them stay but putting everyone in danger.
It's a prison. They could easily isolate the near dead people.

What I find interesting is that the larger society they develop, the greater the risk that someone will die either through illness or accident. Not all illness is predictable. you could lose someone to a freak heart attack in the middle of the night, and then by morning you have multiple zombies loose. Rick made a point about there being strength in numbers. Seems to me the opposite may be true; small close-nit groups offer less risk.
smbaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #71
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
It's a prison. They could easily isolate the near dead people.

What I find interesting is that the larger society they develop, the greater the risk that someone will die either through illness or accident. Not all illness is predictable. you could lose someone to a freak heart attack in the middle of the night, and then by morning you have multiple zombies loose.
It's a prison. Just teach everyone to lock their cell doors every night in a way that requires intelligence to let themselves out. No zombie would be able to get out.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #72
MonsterJoe
waxing cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
It's a prison. Just teach everyone to lock their cell doors every night in a way that requires intelligence to let themselves out. No zombie would be able to get out.
That's exactly what I was thinking during this episode.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #73
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Not sure if you mean AFTER they learn that they are turning without being bit.

That sounds good, but as we saw the new zombie is in the shower room which has access to the other rooms, not locked in his cell at night. He had the intelligence to get out, then turn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #74
Test

Quote:
Right and a lights out procedure where someone checks to make sure everyone is prepped for the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post

That sounds good, but as we saw the new zombie is in the shower room which has access to the other rooms, not locked in his cell at night. He had the intelligence to get out, then turn.
That would be ok in John4200s scenario, everyone else would be safely "locked" in their cells.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #75
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
We/they already know that they turn without being bitten, everyone is already infected, all they have to do is die to become a zombie.
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #76
fmowry

16.1 million viewers for the premier. Wow.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #77
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by billboard_NE View Post
We/they already know that they turn without being bitten, everyone is already infected, all they have to do is die to become a zombie.
I had actually forgotten that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #78
MasterCephus

I think this was a great first episode of the season. Last year's season ended with all these new people coming to the prison. This episode is showing how everyone adapted.

I was confused by the way the woman in the forest looked. Not sure why they made her look like that.

The kid dying at the end is just weird. I'm sure there'll be a story on this, but dying suddenly like that is just weird. He had to have had some type of viral attack or something. He was throwing water on himself so I'm assuming he was getting really hot (due to a virus?) and then just collapsed.

I like how the community has built up at the prison.

The supermarket is just dumb. We've been at this location for over a season close to the prison and also the small town where the governor is located and you can't tell me those two groups hadn't went there. That's just poor writing to set up a "close situation" to do two things: 1. Show the new guy has an alcohol problem and 2. show the group (especially that girl) has no empathy anymore.

(transfer almost any video to your Tivo!)

, a GUI based application to create metadata for pyTivo files
MasterCephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #79
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Yeah if I were in that situation I would be locking myself and family in one of those cells every night, with the key, food/water, a weapon with ammo, and sleeping far away from the bars.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #80
tlc

I had just re-watched the previous season finale where Carl hit his dad with (roughly), "You didn't kill (??) and he killed mom. You didn't kill the governor and he killed Merle. etc." Then I watch this ep and Rick didn't re-kill psycho woods lady or her husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Wolves View Post
I can see the writers in the off-season now: "How do we quickly get rid of a lot of these new characters from Woodbury so we can get back to our main cast and a few red-shirts? How about a disease!?!"
Yes! As soon as I saw how sick the kid was, I thought "Good. We gotta thin this group out to get the story moving."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorning View Post
Wouldn't the walkers on the roof have heard the boom box too and at least been gathered at the closest corner, but more likely have all fallen off the edge?
A legit consistency problem.

And how did they get up there anyway? I don't think walkers are good climbers. If there were a living group up there and some turned, how many would you expect to be turned vs devoured vs forced over an edge. Must have been a much larger group to begin with.

Quote:
Do you stop sleeping with your SO? When they're old? Sickly? "Staying over" becomes a real sign of commitment.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #81
GameGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Yeah if I were in that situation I would be locking myself and family in one of those cells every night, with the key, food/water, a weapon with ammo, and sleeping far away from the bars.
Only problem is that there probably isn't a key for everyone, there might only be a few, there might only be one. Didn't we see them handing the key off to each other in different episodes last year? So if there is just the one then who do you trust with the key. What if the person with the key dies, becomes a zombie and now everyone is locked in their cells and now will die also from thirst or starvation.

So many scenarios to think about.
Roku 3
Old 10-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #82
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Sure, but go to Home Depot, get a bunch of chain and padlocks, everybody can lock themselves into their own cells at night.

It's a pretty obvious problem with any number of pretty simple solutions. I think the issue is that the people in the story have a hell of a lot more time to think about these things than the writers do, and thus have less of an excuse for not seeing the problems and coming up with solutions. But of course, they're at the mercy of the writers...
Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #83
zalusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
And how did they get up there anyway? I don't think walkers are good climbers. If there were a living group up there and some turned, how many would you expect to be turned vs devoured vs forced over an edge. Must have been a much larger group to begin with.
We have already seen walkers climbing stairs to go on roofs before in Atlanta.
Think the whole story with Merle. This is not a big deal.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #84
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:

I don't think he was a zombie then. He was very sick and sweaty, a fever of epic proportions (his feet were leaving wet stains!). he cooled off with the shower then collapsed and died.

THEN he turned.
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #85
Test

The way I see the rooftop zombies.

Everyone that was in the supermarket moved to the roof for rescue. Helicopter comes in to save them (or escaping from the camp being over run) and crashes into the roof. Everyone is already carrying the virus, so bam instant rooftop zombies.

Now about the roof collapsing at just the right time for us to see, it had to collapse at some point, better that we see it happen on tv than not...right? OR remember before they go in the store they hit the glass to draw out the remaining zombies. What if they were on the roof, but a certain spot already gave way and these guys fell in?

The radio? It attracted the zombies to the side that it was playing, but you saw there was a lip, would they hop over that onto the ground? I don't know, guess they didn't. The radio stops and they go about their business.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #86
DeDondeEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Sure, but go to Home Depot, get a bunch of chain and padlocks, everybody can lock themselves into their own cells at night.

It's a pretty obvious problem with any number of pretty simple solutions. I think the issue is that the people in the story have a hell of a lot more time to think about these things than the writers do, and thus have less of an excuse for not seeing the problems and coming up with solutions. But of course, they're at the mercy of the writers...
There you go. They could do a whole product placement thing. You could have zombies walking around HD in their orange vests.

The suspension of disbelief thing I am having issues with is where are they getting gasoline for their vehicles? In the beginning of the series they showed many of the stations with "No Gas" signs.

Also they are driving around in a little Hyundai Santa Fe, but then they come across a Humvee at the encampment outside of the store and they don't take that instead. Heck while the Humvee doesn't get good mileage is diesel, and they could make biodiesel when fuel supplies get really short.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #87
pmyers

I can't believe the rooftop is bringing up so much controversy when the real strange thing was how "frozen in time" that supermarket was. No way that wouldn't have been looted and raided a VERY long time ago. That's all I could focus on.

That being said....who cares. That's a very small nitpick for an amazing show!

I agree with what somebody else said about that one zombie they focused on Rick looking at, twice having something to do with what's going on. If you notice...the zombie had no noticable wounds but had blood seeming to have poured from the eyes, much like the kid looked like in the shower.

I LOVED seeing the progression of the prison and how they are becoming self sustainable. I just eat that stuff up!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #88
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I just eat that stuff up!
That's what the zombie said!
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #89
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
There you go. They could do a whole product placement thing. You could have zombies walking around HD in their orange vests.

The suspension of disbelief thing I am having issues with is where are they getting gasoline for their vehicles? In the beginning of the series they showed many of the stations with "No Gas" signs.

Also they are driving around in a little Hyundai Santa Fe, but then they come across a Humvee at the encampment outside of the store and they don't take that instead. Heck while the Humvee doesn't get good mileage is diesel, and they could make biodiesel when fuel supplies get really short.
It's not that they wouldn't be able to find gasoline, but that the gasoline would all be bad by this point. I think we're about 18 months after the outbreak now, and gas doesn't last that long without some kind of additive. There's no way they found a stash of hundreds/thousands of gallons of gasoline that had Sta-Bil added to it, so basically all travel by motorized vehicle should be done at this point.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #90
Beryl

Quote:
It's not that they wouldn't be able to find gasoline, but that the gasoline would all be bad by this point. I think we're about 18 months after the outbreak now, and gas doesn't last that long without some kind of additive. There's no way they found a stash of hundreds/thousands of gallons of gasoline that had Sta-Bil added to it, so basically all travel by motorized vehicle should be done at this point.
Can it still be used for burning? (I'm stuck on the idea of burning walkers en masse.)

Your point supports Michonne searching for the Gov on horseback but they must be kept away from large groups of walkers.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote