TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
pmyers

Revolution OAD 10/17/2013

A couple of things I'm finding interesting:

1. It doesn't appear that these "US" troops use any ranks. I haven't heard a reference to a rank at all.

2. I'm trying to imagine any scenario that would make diamonds a currency. What intrensic value do they have? You can't really do anything with them. At least gold/silver do have practical purposes.

3. Aaron is "Carrie"! FTW

Last edited by pmyers : 10-18-2013 at 10:37 AM.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
MikeekiM
Palindromer

I don't know how I feel about Aaron having super powers... Feels a little like we've jumped the shark here folks...

I hope I am wrong... I am enjoying this show...
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
scsiguy72
OTA Only..Free TV

I think this show took a flying leap over the shark shortly after the first episode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scsiguy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
rich
Final answer?

"Carrie" or "Firestarter"?
rich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

2. I'm trying to imagine any scenario that would make diamonds a currency. What intrensic value do they have? You can't really do anything with them.
you can make a really cool bazooka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLXw...utu.be&t=2m28s
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I'm enjoying the show more now that it's less about worrying about the power and more about the mystery/conspiracy of who the "Patriots" are and what they're up to.

I also don't have any problem with Aaron having some kind of bond with the nanites. I think that could end up being a pretty cool twist, especially if he figures out how to control it while conscious.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
cheesesteak
Meh.

I'm so tired of Charlie giving everybody the stink-eye. She's one miserable woman.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I'm enjoying the show more now that it's less about worrying about the power and more about the mystery/conspiracy of who the "Patriots" are and what they're up to.

I also don't have any problem with Aaron having some kind of bond with the nanites. I think that could end up being a pretty cool twist, especially if he figures out how to control it while conscious.
Agreed. I don't usually look forward to the show, but I watch it because of the time I have invested. But this episode I really enjoyed. Hope it keeps being good.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
pmyers

Quote:
...I also don't have any problem with Aaron having some kind of bond with the nanites. I think that could end up being a pretty cool twist, especially if he figures out how to control it while conscious.
I'm curious why it's Aaron and not Julia. She is he one that actually had the nanites in her when her leg was broken.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I'm curious why it's Aaron and not Julia. She is he one that actually had the nanites in her when her leg was broken.
But presumably the device is now in Aaron, which is why he was resurrected. They never acutally showed her putting the device into him, but one of the "previously on" segments did show the device right before it showed Aaron waking up, so I'm assuming that he's now carrying the device.

But it could also simply be because he wrote the original code that the whole project was based on, and the nanites have become sentient enough to recognize him as their "father." Either way, I'm intrigued and will continute watching.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
hefe
Rebus Philbin

I'm just so sick of the fight scenes.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #12
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
Because you don't like the violence, or they're not well done, or they're unrealistic, or you're just more interested in the substantive plot, or what?

I agree it's becoming a little ridiculous that Miles gets into a swordfight nearly every episode, even against multiple guys, and he's somehow got the magical hand-to-hand combat skills to beat everyone. Seems Monroe has those powers as well. Maybe that's why Miles and Monroe were able to set up the Monroe Republic in the first place.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #13
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i'm willing to give the superaaron plot line a few eps as it develops, but charlie snuggling up to monroe after his being last season's nemesis (since the pilot) is getting on my nerves. at least rachel aims a gun at him next week (preview spoiler).

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
i'm willing to give the superaaron plot line a few eps as it develops, but charlie snuggling up to monroe after his being last season's nemesis (since the pilot) is getting on my nerves. at least rachel aims a gun at him next week (preview spoiler).
I think they have done a good job of showing her (Charlie) transformation. A few episodes ago she tried to kill him with her crossbow and barely missed.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #15
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
I don't think she's "snuggling" up to him at all. I think she still is very distrusting of him and would much rather see him dead, but she's kind of in a difficult position where she's vulnerable if she travels alone and she also knows that Monroe may be able to help with the bounty that's on her mom's head. So it's a begrudging cooperation, at best.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I'm so tired of Charlie giving everybody the stink-eye. She's one miserable woman.
I now see where Charlie gets her stupid from though.

Rachel was extremely stupid in this episode.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Because you don't like the violence, or they're not well done, or they're unrealistic, or you're just more interested in the substantive plot, or what?
It's just become so repetitive.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #18
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
It's just become so repetitive.
Isn't that the norm for most TV shows?
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
pmyers

Quote:
But presumably the device is now in Aaron, which is why he was resurrected. They never acutally showed her putting the device into him, but one of the "previously on" segments did show the device right before it showed Aaron waking up, so I'm assuming that he's now carrying the device.

But it could also simply be because he wrote the original code that the whole project was based on, and the nanites have become sentient enough to recognize him as their "father." Either way, I'm intrigued and will continute watching.
But how did the device get into Aaron. They physically put it into her when her leg was broken. They certainly didn't do that to Aaron when he "died" because they have no pendants or anything. Whatever Aaron has must be different.

I also assume it has something to do with it being his code.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
But how did the device get into Aaron. They physically put it into her when her leg was broken. They certainly didn't do that to Aaron when he "died" because they have no pendants or anything. Whatever Aaron has must be different.

She would have needed to cut it out of her like she did to her son after he died. And there was no way she should have been able to cut it out of her leg and reprogram it to specifically heal what was wrong with aaron.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:

Well, we know it's been over six months since Rachel used that thing to heal her leg. So is possible she removed it in the meantime and has simply been carrying it for just such an occassion. And that she then put it in Aaron to bring him back. Although why they would only show it in the "previously on" segment but not in the actual show is a bit of a mystery.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #22
hefe
Rebus Philbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Isn't that the norm for most TV shows?
For whatever reason, it feels more so here.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
stellie93

Was there some kind of revelation last season about who Charlie's dad is? I was thinking it was Monroe and that was why he's behaving so weird toward her, but maybe it was Miles? Or maybe I'm imagining the whole thing?
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #24
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Was there some kind of revelation last season about who Charlie's dad is? I was thinking it was Monroe and that was why he's behaving so weird toward her, but maybe it was Miles? Or maybe I'm imagining the whole thing?
I don't think there was any kind of confirmation, but it was strongly implied that Miles and Rachel had hooked up at some point. Whether that was while she was married to Ben, and whether that resulted in conception of Charlie is still up in the air.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #25
morac
Cat God

Quote:
But how did the device get into Aaron. They physically put it into her when her leg was broken. They certainly didn't do that to Aaron when he "died" because they have no pendants or anything. Whatever Aaron has must be different. I also assume it has something to do with it being his code.
Wasn't Aaron shown wearing the pendant in the first episode of the season?
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #26
Gerryex

Quote:
I agree. Mainly because whether its Miles or Monroe they are fighting many bad guys at a time and in the end ALL of the bad guys are either dead or incapacitated and the hero may only have a scratch or two on him. Yes, I know its a TV show which is basically unbelievable, but its just too much to see these SUPER guys fight off so many bad guys like its nothing!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #27
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Wasn't Aaron shown wearing the pendant in the first episode of the season?
He was deifinitely show holding it and looking at it, so he was probably also wearing it. Although we don't know what good it does now that the Tower seems to be permanently offline.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #28
kettledrum

Was this episode more violent than the other ones? What warranted the "viewer discretion advised" for this particular episode? The only thing I could see were the people on fire, but then that could just be me as I saw something like that on the TV news when I was a little kid and it stuck with me for life.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote