TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
rocket777

Exclamation sort by date not working

Sort by date not working here.

nfl football at the bottom? Paging down and there's another 5 or so shows from 10/13, after the older ones.

I thought I got bit by the failure to record before I saw it in the wrong spot. It should be showing up at the top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sortbydate.jpg (32.0 KB, 22 views)
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket777 View Post
Sort by date not working here.

nfl football at the bottom? Paging down and there's another 5 or so shows from 10/13, after the older ones.

I thought I got bit by the failure to record before I saw it in the wrong spot. It should be showing up at the top.
This is how it always works for me. It's in the order by date and by time of when the recording started. Not by when the recording ends. The Football games I have recorded this year have always showed up farther down on the list since I have so many Season Passes, so alot of things are being recorded after the football game started.

I have five shows currently recording that started at 10PM. They are at the top of the my shows list. Then I have five more shows that started and finished recording after the Redskins game started. And then after those ten shows I have the Redskins game, which is still recording, but it started at 8:20PM which is why it is so far down on the My SHows list.

EDIT: I only just looked at your pic. Mine does not do that. All the recordings above my NFL recording occurred tonight. I don't have the dates out of order like it shows in your pic.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt : 10-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
rocket777

As you noted, the item in question is at the bottom of the page and is two days after the ones just above it. 10/11 should sort below 10/13.

That said however, I sort of now see what actually happened. Briefly, the item being recorded was a tivo suggestion which was recording the same thing I had scheduled to record with a manual repeating record. As it was recording, it had the red circle rather than the tivo icon. So, I could not see that it was NOT the recording, of the same show, which I had also scheduled.

The problem is that I watch these shows delayed. And I rely on the sorted by date to make sure I watch them in chronological order - so I don't accidentally see the final score of a game I haven't yet watched.

Apparently, tivo suggestions are NOT sorted by date with respect to other shows. They appear at the end, in time order as a group, even though groups was set to off. I don't like this, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited by rocket777 : 10-14-2013 at 01:28 AM. Reason: I confused myself
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote