TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
DebbieZ1

moca setup

I just received a MoCA setup from Tivo. I have the Roamio and a Premier Elite. I have my computer and Comcast Arrisy modem (wifi enabled modem) in my office and my two tivos in my bedroom. The one I am starting with to set up is the Elite Tivo.

I hooked up the MoCA to my Xfinity Arris Modem with one yellow Ethernet to my modem and the other end to the MoCA. Hooked my cable from wall into the in port on the MoCA and the cable that came with the MoCA one end to the out port to the cable outlet on Comcast modem.

My internet and phones work fine but when I go to change to MoCA on my Tivo it says unable to connect. Tivo is closed right now so I can't call them so I am hoping someone out there can assist me in setting this dang thing up.

Thank you so much. Debbie Z
DebbieZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
WRX09MD

If you have the pro or plus Roamio you can use that to create your moca network as long as you have ethernet ran to it. Once your moca is established you will need to use the moca adaptor in the other room where your premier is. We need some more details on exactly what your trying to do so you will get the proper advice.
Slide x 2
Slide Pro x 2
Verizon Fios
WRX09MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
BigJimOutlaw

She has the Premiere Elite and I assume base Roamio. The Elite can create a moca network if it's within an ethernet cable's reach of the modem. I'm assuming it's not since it's in a different room.

Does the "moca" light on the adapter light up at all?
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
DebbieZ1

Yes the light is on on the Moca. I have the Pro Roamio and the Elite TiVo's. I have both in my bedroom and the MoCA Set up in my office down a small hall. Not a huge house if that makes a difference.

What I am trying to accomplish is removing the Tivo wireless adaptors and replace with the MoCA. A Tivo tech suggested I do that and it all wired instead of wireless. He even sent the MoCA to for free since we were having trouble getting the wireless to work with the Roamio.

Thanks for your help. Debbie
Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
BigJimOutlaw

Ok if the light labeled 'moca' is on, that's a plus.

This might fall into the "duh, of course I did" category but did you try rebooting the modem and Tivos afterwards?

Do you know where the TV splitters are in your home? If you can find them, they're labeled with a frequency on them. You'll want splitters that are rated for at least 1000 MHz (1GHz) but ideally higher. (If they're old or don't happen to be sufficient, they're easily replaced and only cost $3ish for proper ones.)
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #6
DebbieZ1

Nope didn't reboot the modem but I did reboot the tivo. I will try rebooting the modem and see if that works. Thanks so much. Duh huh? �� I will let you know if that works. Debbie
Old 10-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
DebbieZ1

I finally found out why I couldn't my MoCA to work. I had installed the POE Filter on the three way splitter that goes to the TiVo's. I took that off and was able to set up everything. Finally! But, now when. I install the POE filter to where the cable comes into the house MoCA stops working. Tivo highly suggested thAt I install this filter but unable to.

Has anyone installed this filter and had it work? I called Comcast and they won't come out to install this. Not something they do ???

Any suggestions? Thanks, Debbie
Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Are you sure you're installing it before the cable from the street hits the first splitter?