Originally Posted by tootal2
my remote id is set to 2 and I want to set it back to 0 but I forgot how to.
I assume you want to change the code for both the remote and the TiVo. You must have the remote in IR mode to change the TiVo. (That's only an issue for Roamio models, but I'm generalizing here.)
0. Put the remote into IR-only mode (if it's a newer model with RF mode).
1. Go to the system info screen on the TiVo (where it's receptive to remote code changes).
2. While aiming away from the TiVo(s), press and hold the TiVo+Pause buttons until the LED flashes, then press the digit for the remote code you want, which sets the remote.
3. Then aim it at the TiVo and press the down arrow until you see the remote code listed, which should set the code to match the (IR) remote.
4. Then get out of that screen so you don't change it again accidentally.