TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #1
GarKar

Desktop Plus won't transfer to Tivo

I found my S3 transferring a video podcast that I had never asked for. I tried to cancel the download but it just hung and after an hour of 'Please Wait' with the Tivo being unresponsive to any buttons, I pulled the plug. After starting up, I cannot transfer anything to the Tivo with desktop plus. It thinks there is a transfer in progress and kills any transfer I try to do, even ones I have previously successfully transferred. The transfer status window in desktop plus says no shows are being transferred. I've restarted the Tivo again and restarted the computer, but no go. Any suggestions? I found a thread from 6 years ago that said to wait and it would eventually time out.
GarKar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Transfers would be listed in the ToDo list and highlighting then press Clear should clear it, a reboot may also be needed after.
OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #3
GarKar

There is nothing for it listed in the TO DO list. And it just started to d/l again. I do not have a season pass for this podcast, nor did I select it for d/l. I checked its progress for about half an hour and the blue light is lit, but progress is 0, nothing has been recorded. I tried to stop it by pressing clear on it in the now playing list, selected yes stop the d/l, and it is just sitting there telling me to wait. Yesterday I pulled the plug after an hour to restart the tivo. I could not transfer any files from pc to tivo after restarting and now the unscheduled d/l is trying again, but failing and now I'm stuck with no option but to pull the plug again.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:35 AM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarKar View Post
I found my S3 transferring a video podcast that I had never asked for. I tried to cancel the download but it just hung and after an hour of 'Please Wait' with the Tivo being unresponsive to any buttons, I pulled the plug. After starting up, I cannot transfer anything to the Tivo with desktop plus. It thinks there is a transfer in progress and kills any transfer I try to do, even ones I have previously successfully transferred. The transfer status window in desktop plus says no shows are being transferred. I've restarted the Tivo again and restarted the computer, but no go. Any suggestions? I found a thread from 6 years ago that said to wait and it would eventually time out.
I'm assuming this phantom podcast is supposed to be coming from the internet?

You could do whatever is necessary to disconnect the TiVo and the PC from the internet but not from each other, like undo the connection between your modem and your router, reboot both PC and TiVo, then see if you can get the TiVo to copy something from the PC.

Maybe that'll help flush out the podcast copy command.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #5
GarKar

Thanks for your suggestions, but no go. I disconnected internet, restarted Tivo and PC, tried to transfer a previously transferred video (which I had watched and deleted) and tried to transfer a new video to the Tivo. In both cases it said the transfer would begin after the previously selected shows had been transferred. The TODO list on Tivo shows nothing queued for the podcast, Tivo Desktop on the computer shows nothing set to transfer. But the View Recording History shows the two videos I tried to transfer as not transferred for 1 of 3 reasons, copy protected, not right format, removed computer. None of these reasons is valid. As I said, I had transferred one of these shows about 10 days ago with no problem. As soon as I reconnect to the internet, the blue light comes on, stays on, but nothing transfers and it does not show in the now playing list. I'm going to try uninstalling Tivo Desktop plus and installing again and entering my media access key for plus. FYI, the podcast is from an old AOTS (attack of the show) in the desktop plus section of video podcasts.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #6
ggieseke

Disconnect it from the network and reboot it. Let it sit that way for at least an hour (preferably two), then hook it back up to the outside world and force a daily call. Reboot again after it's done indexing.

That's TiVo's official procedure to clear out "ghost" transfers. Hope it works.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote