TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
mileydb

tivo mini live tuner issue

while trying to watch live tv on mini it starts playing a football game that was aired on the nfl network on october 3rd and will not change channels till the game ends. the program was never recorded. has anyone came across this issue if so any ideas on how to fix it other than swap out the tivo .
mileydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
uw69

Have you tried unplugging the mini from the wall for a few minutes, then restarting?
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
4 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileydb View Post
while trying to watch live tv on mini it starts playing a football game that was aired on the nfl network on october 3rd and will not change channels till the game ends. the program was never recorded. has anyone came across this issue if so any ideas on how to fix it other than swap out the tivo .
I had this happen back when my Minis were only a few weeks old. It seemed like a few minutes got stuck in the buffer on one of the Minis and it kept being played no matter what channel I changed it to. I think a reboot fixed the problem for me. I don't remember for sure. I do remember rebooting everything though and it was fine later. But I have not run into the issue again.

EDIT: I just looked at my old post, it was back in april when I ran into this issue. A reboot of the Mini did not fix it. It was a reboot of my Elite/XL4 that fixed the problem.
here is the thread.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...81#post9612081

It also happened to someone else and they also had to reboot their XL4 to clear the issue.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote