TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
FoxFireX

Subscribing to video RSS feeds?

It seems like there used to be a feature for pulling in arbitrary video RSS feeds, but I can't seem to find it now. The Roamio pages show what I think I was looking for, the "Browse Web Videos" entry, but I can't find it on my unit. (See here: https://www.tivo.com/my-account/welc...re-from-roamio)

Has this feature been removed, and if so, is there any alternate way to subscribe to arbitrary RSS feeds?
FoxFireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Yeah, for some reason TiVo took that app out of the Roamio menus. They just tell you to use Search for podcasts now, but you can't do that arbitrary RSS URL entry.

On the plus side, if I can call it that, it never actually allowed you to subscribe, anyway -- you could only make season passes for the shows that were already listed. The manually entered RSS feeds let you browse them, and download individual episodes, but not grab them automatically in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
FoxFireX

Well that's disappointing. I thought maybe I'd found a good way of actually keeping up with some subscriber videos that I've been falling behind on. Now I wonder if I can write up a quick program to watch the RSS feeds and download them to a network location where I might be able to pick them up. Is the TiVo still limited to being able to read .tivo files from shared locations? (Through TiVo Desktop or similar hosts?)
FoxFireX is offline   Reply With Quote