TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Aflat

Any former SageTver's, quesions?

I'm still using SageTV for my main tv watching, using Fios, with a HDHomeRun cablecard setup. It works for waht I need, but I recently picked up HBO, which I can't watch with Sage. Not a huge deal, since it just came with the TV package, I'll drop it in 3 months(or maybe 6?) whever the deal expires, but it's still nagging in the back of my mind. Are there any Sage converts to Roamio? Just a few questions.

1. I used to use pytivo many years ago to stream to a series2, it worked, so i assume it works fine, but how does it work for mkv files, specifically my collection of converted bluray movies that Sage plays just fine?

2. Does the Roamio + mini work just as well as a HD200/300?

3. Since HBO is copy never, can I reecord it on the roamio and watch it on the mini? For that matter can i watch everything on the mini that I can watch on the Roamio?

4. How much do you miss comskip? When I went tivo to Sage, I though it was the best thing ever, and I still do, I know I can download, remux, and upload, but realtime comskipping is just plain nice. I know about he 30 second skip, and it's ok, but still no comparison. Do you miss real comskip much?

5. WAF? Sage falkes out occasionally, my series 2 may have, but I really don't remember, whats the Roamio like for WAF/stability?(She knows nothing about tech for TV, as long as she can watch the news at night she is happy, but it better work)
Aflat is offline   Reply With Quote