TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
scottgreenwell

Angry TiVo Premiere CableCard Won't Validate

I currently live in Kentucky and we just went through a conversion from Insight cable to TimeWarner. At the beginning of October the market was switched over from Insight to TW and I began having issues with "Channel Not Authorized" on my TiVos. Scheduled an appt with TW and a tech came out, thinking it was a bad CableCard he attempted to swap it out. Since that day, I have not been able to get any non-QAM channels on my TiVo.

I have spent better than 60 hours on the phone with TW's CableCard dept in Buffalo, have had 8 on-site tech visits (two of which have been with Lead Techs and area Supervisor techs), have gone through more than 40 cable cards (yes FORTY), they have attempted to take my TiVo Premiere XL4 to another area in town and plugged directly into the line (on a different NOC), and still the unit will not accept the Validation hit. No matter what TW does, the Data ID will NOT change on the unit or the units replacement that TiVo sent.

I have a TiVo Roamio Pro as well, it has no issues and we have placed the cable cards in it and it pairs with no issue.

At this point TW is pointing at TiVo (and specifically the Premiere) and TiVo is pointing at TW as the problem.

At this point I haven't had TV service in 3 WEEKS! TiVo is sending me another unit (third one), but I have little hope that this will fix it (seems to be a software/firmware issue with the Premiere 4XL and TW's cards).

I have found other issues online that resembles this with other cable providers, but unfortunately I have never seen anyone describe what ultimately fixed their issue.

Hoping someone here can help.

Relevant info:
Con: Yes EBCP: Yes Val: ? 0x00
PMTCMD: D PRG: 00033 ECM: 0X0133
LTSID: 003 TSINDEX: 1
SVCID: 0X82E474 SVC: 0 ENC: ENC
CP: ENABLED CA REPLY: 0X71N
AUTH: CAD CCI: 0X02 S EPOCH: 0X13
COMPONENT PIDS IN HEX:
1017 1018 1019 1021 1023

CableCARD Status:
Manufacturer: Motorola
FW Version: 02.65, 02.01, 03.25
HW Version: 0469927002

Download Status
left: 0 last: 99999 rate: 0
State: Wait To Start
News:
EMM Provider ID: 1

Out of Band Channel Mode: OOB
Last Known Carrier: 75.250

Network Setup
OOB Mode: OOB GTC: OOB
2-way Established: Unknown
OOB LKC: 75.250
OOB Status: IDLE

EMM PID: 1 0x1503

VCTID: 23 VCT Rcvd: 61398
scottgreenwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
HomeUser

Get a flashlight and look into the Cable Card slot there is probably one or more bent pins.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
scottgreenwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeUser View Post
Get a flashlight and look into the Cable Card slot there is probably one or more bent pins.
In two different TiVos?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
keleko17

Same Boat.

You might be the person referenced in my last service call. I live outside of Louisville also, same issue. I have been through 4 techs, 10 cable cards.

I am receiving all channels that I am aware of, except HD. I receive the over-the-air simulcast, but that is it.

When my last technician was out, he called the cable card hotline, and the guy mentions someone that "practically lives down the street" and experiencing the same issue. They told me it was being escalated to engineering. I called in this morning, only to be told there was no such ticket.

This customer service rep asked if anyone had told me that they can't guarantee the cable card to work.

Let me know if you ever get it to work, or if I can jump on board with some sort of complaint.
keleko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
keleko17

Scott,

I planned to PM you with some contact information but you need 10 posts. Prior to that you PM to Admins.

Consider this post #2.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
keleko17

While I know this site isn't part of TiVo, I would hope TiVo has someone monitoring, can anyone confirm the Premiere having a problem?
Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
HomeUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgreenwell View Post
In two different TiVos?
Twas just a thought... after swapping out "FORTY" Cable Cards and none of them would work correctly. Then again if others are having the same problem in your area it is probably a set up / programming problem at the cable company. Maybe posting the just the Service / incident number would be safe until your e-mail is working.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
scottgreenwell

Strange thing is that they (CableCards) work just fine in my Roamio Pro...its like it's a Premiere issue with the new TW headend and these CableCards.

in lieu of PM my email is scottgreenwell at msn dot com
Old 10-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
scottgreenwell

Third TiVo Premeire and still no mas!
Old 11-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #10
keleko17

I tried a Roamio, not luck here either.

Clearly the transition from Insight to TWC has something wrong.

There has to be more than 2 TiVo users in the Louisville market that this is affecting. I think maybe it is time to start a Facebook group to find more users.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
scottgreenwell

Just received a replacement for my XL4 in the form of a Roamio Plus, they still can't get this thing to activate. Clearly at this point it is a problem with TWC. I HAVEN'T HAD CABLE IN A MONTH!!!!!! And I can't get anyone from TW to own this problem, follow up on what they say they are going to do, or call me back. Next step is to contact the media...this is crazy!