TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
dtle

Arrow S02E08 OAD 12/04/2013 "The Scientist"

So, how will Barry Allen gets "quick on his feet"? The drugs, or the soon opened Star Labs Particle Accelerator?

Ra's al Ghul must be the leader of the main "Legion of Doom", so to speak. Almost every villain is tied to him, and is afraid of him.

Detective Lance must be an idiot. He talks to Felicity about "our mutual friend", all the while Oliver is right there investigating a crime.

It's good to see the superhero "lose" for once. Overall, a good episode.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
So, how will Barry Allen gets "quick on his feet"? The drugs, or the soon opened Star Labs Particle Accelerator?
I had to laugh when he was standing on the ladder next to the shelves of dangerous chemicals during the lightning storm.

But I think they're setting it up for the accelerator, which kinda makes more sense (not that it's less ridiculous, but that it won't seem as ridiculous to the average viewer).

It's funny to see Ollie get so jealous over Barry and Felicity. One thing I like about this show is they're not afraid to show the hero being a dick (or a murderer, for that matter).
Old 12-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
john4200

Or an idiot. Knowing how strong and fast his enemy was, anyone with half a brain would have come prepared with better weapons and a better plan. But not Oliver. He just struts in and gets his ass handed to him.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
cheesesteak
Meh.

Thea's boyfriend is standing five feet from the vigilante, looking dead at him and *still* can't tell it's Ollie. Then Ollie shoots him with an arrow. Now *that's* being a dick. He could have just explained why the bad guy was so dangerous.

I know it's a tv show but the bad guy punched Ollie in the side and through the truck's closed door. Ollie should have a big fist sized hole in his abdomen.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Or an idiot. Knowing how strong and fast his enemy was, anyone with half a brain would have come prepared with better weapons and a better plan. But not Oliver. He just struts in and gets his ass handed to him.
Although he said he'd beaten one of the super-soldiers before, so presumably he had some kind of strategy in mind (not that he got much use out of it!)...
Old 12-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Although he said he'd beaten one of the super-soldiers before, so presumably he had some kind of strategy in mind (not that he got much use out of it!)...
Super soldier still has to breathe. I would stuck an arrow in him that would have released a knockout gas. If the gas didn't stop the guy, it would have slowed him down.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
In the Brad Meltzer penned Green Arrow arc, "The Archer's Quest", Ollie put an arrow through each of Solomon Grundy's feet, pining him in place and enabling Grundy's downfall.

So seeing him do it in the TV show amused me although I'm guessing that Geoff Johns realized that Grundy could pull the arrows out.

It does seem to be that they are about introduce super powers into the Arrow universe though.
Although Barry Allen is an interesting choice to appear in Arrow as in the comics, Barry and Ollie haven't exactly been friends.
(Something about a custody battle over Hal Jordan.)

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

The casting of Barry Allen left a little to be desired (he should have been blonde.) I always thought of Barry as less of a social nerd. The explanation of his parent's death is interesting: I'm thinking Professor Zoom.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
The casting of Barry Allen left a little to be desired (he should have been blonde.) I always thought of Barry as less of a social nerd. The explanation of his parent's death is interesting: I'm thinking Professor Zoom.
That's the irony of the comic book version...
Spoiler:
Barry Allen becomes the Flash as in indirect result of his desire to find out who murdered his mother, and his being the Flash directly leads to Zoom killing his mother.
It would certainly give them an ongoing storyline for the Flash TV show...
Old 12-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #10
atrac

I liked the actor that played Barry and thought he did a good job -- but I kept thinking "Andrew Garfield meets Sheldon Cooper."
atrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Quote:
That's the irony of the comic book version...
Spoiler:
Barry Allen becomes the Flash as in indirect result of his desire to find out who murdered his mother, and his being the Flash directly leads to Zoom killing his mother.
It would certainly give them an ongoing storyline for the Flash TV show...

I didn't know that. Sounds like they are following that pretty closely.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
I didn't know that. Sounds like they are following that pretty closely.
Considering that Geoff Johns co-wrote the episode and he's the one who inserted it into Flash: Rebirth, it's not surprising to see it come here.

Spoiler:

It was also a major plot point of Flashpoint.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote