TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-09-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
sarahfoxnz

Weird problem - NOT recording

hello.

I'm currently (now) recording 2 x movies on TIVO. This is good.

I've watched one (separate) movie which was/is set to NOT DELETE.

i want to change it so it deletes / expires in a week, and tivo advises it will; NOT record (or stop recording) one of the two movies its currently recording - due to insufficient disk space. I'll wait till it stops recording & then change the settings of my movie ive just watched.

ISSUE - if i have a programme that is set to not delete, & then change it to expire - would this not free up MORE space (& in theory delete programmes earlier ?)

why would it stop the currently-recording movie ?

Is this fixable ? (re-programme of TIVO programme & then upgrade the next time a person connects to the tovo EPG etc..)

PS, I'm in NZ.

EDIT: 1 of the movies has now finished, & i was able to edit my older movie to delete in a week. Must bea n error when recording 2 shows at a time ??

EDIT: version 11.3b6-01-2-663

Last edited by sarahfoxnz : 12-09-2013 at 04:03 AM.
sarahfoxnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfoxnz View Post
hello.

I'm currently (now) recording 2 x movies on TIVO. This is good.

I've watched one (separate) movie which was/is set to NOT DELETE.

i want to change it so it deletes / expires in a week, and tivo advises it will; NOT record (or stop recording) one of the two movies its currently recording - due to insufficient disk space. I'll wait till it stops recording & then change the settings of my movie ive just watched.

ISSUE - if i have a programme that is set to not delete, & then change it to expire - would this not free up MORE space (& in theory delete programmes earlier ?)

why would it stop the currently-recording movie ?

Is this fixable ? (re-programme of TIVO programme & then upgrade the next time a person connects to the tovo EPG etc..)

PS, I'm in NZ.

EDIT: 1 of the movies has now finished, & i was able to edit my older movie to delete in a week. Must bea n error when recording 2 shows at a time ??

EDIT: version 11.3b6-01-2-663
Posting the same problem in more than one place is usually not encouraged around here, but in your particular case, you might want to post it in the NZ/AUS specific forum

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...splay.php?f=66

in case the non-US version of the software handles that situation differently from to what most of us here are accustomed.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote