TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
jradosh
Newlywed

Survivor "Rustled Feathers" - 12/04/2013

That was a fun episode and I have to admit I was on the edge of my seat for the stone raffle. I wish they'd come up with a better way of deciding than just 'dumb luck', but still... what a fun Tribal Council.

I didn't see what the preview 'spoiler' was that y'all were talking about last week. Did it turn out to be a red herring or did it pan out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
I didn't see what the preview 'spoiler' was that y'all were talking about last week. Did it turn out to be a red herring or did it pan out?
You knew they were drawing for rocks with two tie votes.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
dfergie

Dumb luck, now #4 is #2 in a lost cause unless they can do some real scrambling it's Tyson's to lose with Cierra "giving" him the idol ... fun tribal though.
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
bryhamm
randomize

I'm guessing that someone will come back from RI next week and join Hayden and Cierra and it will be 3 vs 3 again.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Yeah really wish they hadn't shown that preview last week. Made it so there was no drama about whether Cierra flipped or not.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
realityboy

Sierra had nothing to lose. She's still 4th to the other 3. Should be interesting next week. Especially if Laura comes back. If one of them can win immunity, the tie might even work in their favor next week. I've been waiting for Hayden to show up and play for the last few weeks.
realityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Yeah really wish they hadn't shown that preview last week. Made it so there was no drama about whether Cierra flipped or not.
I caught the preview watching local Philly news this afternoon. I normally do not watch the local news, but I was calibrating a new lens to my three cameras, and had the TV on to listen to instead of listening to music.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #8
brianric

Grady's Smith's blog. Substituting for Dalton Ross.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #9
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Crap. That sucks. Glad I missed it 'cause I really enjoyed TC and not knowing if she'd flip or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityboy View Post
I've been waiting for Hayden to show up and play for the last few weeks.
I was impressed how well he played this episode. His plan to drive a wedge between Tyson and Gerv didn't pan out, but his post-TC speech was great!

Ciera made a big mistake sharing the HII clue IMO. Why would she do that?

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #10
TampaThunder

It was funny with Gervase practically shouting his comments while voting so that everybody could hear.

And you have to give props to Probst. He's really doing everything he can to stir the pot. There is no doubt that he has a very heavy influence on the voting. You could argue that his persistent questioning during this tribal council was what finally convinced Ciera to jump ship. I love that he's as much a part of the game as the contestants.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #11
LifeIsABeach

Thumbs down to Caleb for trying to make a move and vote out Tyson and then whining about it when it gets turned on him. Thumbs up to Gervase for calling him out on it.

Still think Gervase's best move would have been to blindside Tyson. Can't believe no one cared that Tyson played an idol no one knew about.

Considering it looks like Sierra's mother has a good chance to return from RI a second time I am surprised Sierra is not more of a target.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #12
loubob57
Running Fool

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was glad to see them finally draw for rocks. I'm always amazed at the lengths they go to to avoid a tie. This was only the second time it has happened, wow!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Didn't they used to have whoever tied in the voting have to make fire to stay alive? I like that much better than the voters having to draw rocks. I get that they want have the vote changed the second time around and with rocks looming, someone might flip.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #14
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I wish they would make one change in the rock draw - the individual immunity necklace is no longer valid if there is a rock draw. That way everyone (except the two that caused the draw) would be at risk.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
VegasVic
Craps Player

I was another one who had it ruined by the stupid CBS spoiler during football. Otherwise it would have been much more interesting.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
dirtypacman
MASS Zombie Hunter

Tyson has some balls I will say that much. He stuck to his alliance, in my opinion just to show face, even in the face of leaving by rock randomness. If I was him I think I would have flipped to vote Monica lol.

Hayden is playing the best game he can for the meantime and I give him props for pushing the tie. By doing so he made himself immune from the rock and Tyson at its mercy. I do agree with him to the sense that Tyson has played the best overall game outside of immunity challenges.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #17
cherry ghost

Hayden scored some major points with the jury. He needs to go on an immunity challenge winning streak.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #18
VegasVic
Craps Player

I don't like Hayden at all but he did a good job of pleading his case at TC. I don't think much of Ciera as a player but she did the right thing last night. Better to be #3 of 3 than #4 of 4. Plus there's a chance her mom comes back.

I don't like Tina or Katie, I'm glad only one of them could come back. I do feel horrible for them that Tina's son/Katies brother passed away this week.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #19
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Didn't they used to have whoever tied in the voting have to make fire to stay alive? I like that much better than the voters having to draw rocks. I get that they want have the vote changed the second time around and with rocks looming, someone might flip.
I think they only do this when there is a tie with 4 people left.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #20
pmyers

To me, Ciera is a bigger threat with her mom still on RI. They really should have already voted out Ciera to insure only 1 of them could be in the game.

I'm glad I didn't get spoiled by the preview, because that was a great episode.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #21
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
It was a great show and full of stuff going on. That made it fun.

I think even though it didn't work how he wanted, Hayden made some great points that were planted in players heads in regards to Tyson and the alliance bit.

betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #22
pmyers

They got rid of the fire challenge tie breaker to discourage ties and having people WANT to do the fire challenge.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
They got rid of the fire challenge tie breaker to discourage ties and having people WANT to do the fire challenge.
There has to be a better way than this. Punish the voters for voting their conviction? Doesn't seem right.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #24
laria
Librocubicularist

Go Tyson!

I think Ciera is going to be in trouble when she gets back... she flipped on her Tyson/Gervase/Monica alliance and the rock thing backfired and sent one of her potential new alliance members off to RI.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #25
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I don't like Hayden at all but he did a good job of pleading his case at TC. I don't think much of Ciera as a player but she did the right thing last night. Better to be #3 of 3 than #4 of 4. Plus there's a chance her mom comes back.

I don't like Tina or Katie, I'm glad only one of them could come back. I do feel horrible for them that Tina's son/Katies brother passed away this week.
so, who do you like
Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #26
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
so, who do you like
Process of elimination I guess would be Tyson or Gervase I'd be ok with either of them winning.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I don't think much of Ciera as a player but she did the right thing last night.
This episode shouldn't lift Ciera in anyone's estimation.

She finally made a "big move", but she did it exactly one week too late. Last week, when Caleb and Hayden approached her about voting Tyson out, was her moment. She responded by telling Tyson, which resulted in Caleb being voted off.

In addition, when she finally kept the clue to the hidden immunity idol, she read it in front of her entire alliance, then somehow allowed Tyson to go off on his own and find it.

Ciera is not a good Survivor player. Nor is Gervase, for that matter; he's a combination of do-nothingness and self-delusion, thinking that he has a good shot at beating Tyson in the final vote.

The writing has been on the wall for Ciera and Monica to read, for weeks, and they haven't risen to the occasion.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #28
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I loved when Tyson tried to make Hayden look like an idiot for saying Russell and hayden spelled out rustle for him. Duh Nevermind!!
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #29
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I was glad to see them finally draw for rocks. I'm always amazed at the lengths they go to to avoid a tie. This was only the second time it has happened, wow!
The impact of the rock-drawing is definitely lessened by Redemption Island.

When Paschal pulled the purple rock in Survivor Marquesas, it meant he was out of the game, despite having never received a vote against him, ever.

Katie pulling a rock this week means that she will go to Redemption Island, then be eliminated shortly thereafter. But Hayden and Tyson had a lesser incentive to avoid rock-pulling, as either would be confident of returning from Redemption Island.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #30
laria
Librocubicularist

But it should have been "ruffle" anyway.