TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
mr_smits

MLB app (using international subscription)?

I am currently OTA using Premieres and antenna, so I haven't been seeing the MLB playoffs except through my MLB International subscription and UK VPN connection. Is it possible to get the Tivo MLB app to work in this way, or is there a limitation built into the app (like the iPad has for geolocation)?
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
rainwater

The MLB.tv app on the TiVo doesn't support the playoffs anyways afaik. At least not in the US. I would be surprised if it worked with a international subscription since they are two different products.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
mr_smits

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
The MLB.tv app on the TiVo doesn't support the playoffs anyways afaik. At least not in the US. I would be surprised if it worked with a international subscription since they are two different products.
I'm asking if it is hard coded somewhere in the app that the only MLB option is for the U.S. version, even if connected through an international VPN.

As far as I can tell, the products aren't too different other than IP address lockdown and GPS location tattling via iOS devices. I prefer to watch on my TV rather than laptop.
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
hooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
I'm asking if it is hard coded somewhere in the app that the only MLB option is for the U.S. version, even if connected through an international VPN.

As far as I can tell, the products aren't too different other than IP address lockdown and GPS location tattling via iOS devices. I prefer to watch on my TV rather than laptop.
This product should work. Free trial to test it out.
http://www.unblock-us.com/

It just uses custom DNS addresses to spoof your location.
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
hooper

Looks like you have to pay the $25 for postseason to get things working anyway.
hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
KLINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_smits View Post
I am currently OTA using Premieres and antenna, so I haven't been seeing the MLB playoffs except through my MLB International subscription and UK VPN connection. Is it possible to get the Tivo MLB app to work in this way, or is there a limitation built into the app (like the iPad has for geolocation)?
This is what MLB.TV site says:

MLB.TV Postseason Live Blackout: Due to Major League Baseball exclusivities, during the MLB Postseason, all live games will be blacked out in the United States (including the territories of Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and Canada. If you are an MLB.TV Subscriber outside of the United States and Canada, each of these games will be available live and as an archived game as soon as possible after the conclusion of the applicable game. If you are an MLB.TV subscriber within the United States or Canada, each of these games will be available as an archived game approximately 90 minutes after the conclusion of the applicable game.

I bought the Premium Package and watched the game the next day with no problems on my Tivo Elite or my Roku 3.

It looks like it works the same way as the Fox Sat. blackouts during the season.
KLINK is offline   Reply With Quote