TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
wolfskinbjc

Tivo Roamio and Harmony Touch

Logitech Harmony Touch with roamio controls presets suck. I can't configure it to get all the buttons just right.....also, doesnt come preset with clear button, or skip back or 30 skip....anyone found the right setup?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
leiff

I have a xl4 with harmony touch. I did some major tweaking to my remote. I put the 30 sec skip below the ff button replacing the stop button and i replaced the record button with the skip back button Since i dont use the record button much since you can also record from the guide simply by pressing ok on the navigater. Since all remote buttons can have a long press secondary function i have the record button set to record on a long press. Other major changes i made were assigning secondary nav buttons -play // skip buttons to replace the color buttons on the bottom of remote since i dont want to always reach for the top of the remote for nav buttons since i rarely use the color keys so i set the color keys on bottom for long press color functions. The touch remote needs major tweaking tobe good but its easier with the ability to assign each key with dual functions. I was skeptical at first but now prefer it to my 650 even with its drawbacks.
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
uw69

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfskinbjc View Post
Logitech Harmony Touch with roamio controls presets suck. I can't configure it to get all the buttons just right.....also, doesnt come preset with clear button, or skip back or 30 skip....anyone found the right setup?
I agree! I now just use my Harmony to turn the AV system on and off and use the TiVo Roamio remote for everything else dealing with DVR related stuff. Maybe some day I will sit down and attempt a Harmony reprogram.....but for now I like using the Roamio remote for TV viewing.
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
4 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is offline   Reply With Quote