TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #181
Alfer
WOOSAH!
 
Alfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Melmac
Posts: 30,175
I liked the idle TV show style threat the main FBI guy tossed out. Basically "If you mess up one time, I can have you tossed in prison just like that." Yeah yeah yeah...not gonna happen as we all know.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #182
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
I continue to be annoyed by the reactions of the characters to Abbott. They repeatedly fail to call the guy on his ridiculous crusade against Lisbon, Jane, and the team when there are surely many dirty cops out there to go after, probably even more dirty FBI agents. Jane et al. took out Red John, exposed a huge conspiracy in law enforcement including the head of the CBI and two FBI agents, and Abbott is going after the team who exposed these people? And they do not mention Abbott's astounding hypocrisy to him at all?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #183
hefe
Rebus Philbin
 
hefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: On the Front Range
Posts: 26,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I continue to be annoyed by the reactions of the characters to Abbott. They repeatedly fail to call the guy on his ridiculous crusade against Lisbon, Jane, and the team when there are surely many dirty cops out there to go after, probably even more dirty FBI agents. Jane et al. took out Red John, exposed a huge conspiracy in law enforcement including the head of the CBI and two FBI agents, and Abbott is going after the team who exposed these people? And they do not mention Abbott's astounding hypocrisy to him at all?
Welcome to the world of television drama.
__________________
These are not the hammer.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #184
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpence View Post
"I signed a napkin". I wonder how they will get around that part of the agreement?
Obviously, Agent Fischer will have something to do with that.
When Jane held the napkin up, saying "and these are my terms", the terms were completely readable on my screen. There was really nothing in those terms that were all that out there.

The only thing in his terms that were in any way in conflict with the FBI terms was that on the napkin it said that "all charges were to be dropped", while the FBI terms involve some kind of federal parole.
__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #185
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
When Jane held the napkin up, saying "and these are my terms", the terms were completely readable on my screen. There was really nothing in those terms that were all that out there.

The only thing in his terms that were in any way in conflict with the FBI terms was that on the napkin it said that "all charges were to be dropped", while the FBI terms involve some kind of federal parole.
When he was doing the napkin thing, my thought was "He's giving them an easy way to get him back to the US to face charges without having to bother with extradition." Followed by, "He has to know that, and is up to something."

So either Jane and the writers are smarter than they've let on so far (my theory, or at least my hope), or Jane and the writers are morons.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #186
BrettStah
Registered User
 
BrettStah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 15,126
I don't think Jane was too surprised when the woman showed up as an FBI agent. I think he's got a plan.
__________________
Brett

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
BrettStah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #187
GoPackGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,000
I think that the FBI guy turning down Jane's terms in spectacular fashion was actually one of Jane's terms.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #188
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
So either Jane and the writers are smarter than they've let on so far (my theory, or at least my hope), or Jane and the writers are morons.
The writers are morons, or think the viewers are.

I do not see how an FBI agent could possibly have the authority to drop all charges against Jane. Perhaps all Federal charges (although I'm not sure even about that), but certainly he cannot decide to drop, for example, the murder charge(s) that would not be under Federal jurisdiction.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #189
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
When Jane held the napkin up, saying "and these are my terms", the terms were completely readable on my screen.
Really? Some of the writing was barely legible to me, but I could sort of make it out if I squinted.



1. must work directly with teresa lisbon

2. all criminal charges must be dropped

3. transportation must be provided by FBI. airstream trailer model [cannot make out the rest]

4. adequate supply of tea must be available at all times [something about types of tea]

5. a workspace to my satisfaction will be provided [cannot make out, maybe something about a couch]

6. in addition to salary all expenses of [something] including but not limited to travel [something] books and all other incidentals to be paid for by FBI.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #190
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Really? Some of the writing was barely legible to me, but I could sort of make it out if I squinted.
a) 55" screen

2) In some frames it is much clearer than in others. I stepped through until I got a really clear shot.
__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #191
quintby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
The season will end when VanPelt attempts to kill Jane, & her husband kills her.

Not a single person has noted how VanPelt paid no attention whatsoever to her injured husband, bursting onto the scene with the sole intention of finishing the killing that had been botched. Why on earth would this story line of VanPelt becoming a computer whiz be drawn if not to set her up in a way that will end with her getting caught for having been the mole after she shifts to monitoring the FBI.
VanPelt’s and her TV husband’s character will be leaving the show at the end of the season? Cho will become suspicious because he knows Grace, which will lead to the true end, when VanPelt returns to kill Jane, and her husband will instead return the favor which VanPelt visited upon her last boyfriend by killing her, his wife. THAT would be an ending

Last edited by quintby : 12-02-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: to make it more readable
quintby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #192
quintby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3
Why else have Van Pelt marry Rigby when they are being written out of show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintby View Post
Not a single person has noted how VanPelt paid no attention whatsoever to her injured husband, bursting onto the scene with the sole intention of finishing the killing that had been botched. Why on earth would this story line of VanPelt becoming a computer whiz be drawn if not to set her up in a way that will end with her getting caught for having been the mole after she shifts to monitoring the FBI.
VanPelt’s and her TV husband’s character will be leaving the show at the end of the season? Cho will become suspicious because he knows Grace, which will lead to the true end, when VanPelt returns to kill Jane, and her husband will instead return the favor which VanPelt visited upon her last boyfriend by killing her, his wife. THAT would be an ending
There would be pathos for the little boy's loss of his stepmother but not of his real mother, which would have been too much.
quintby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #193
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,294
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettStah View Post
I don't think Jane was too surprised when the woman showed up as an FBI agent. I think he's got a plan.
I was not surprised by that, so I don't think Jane should be either.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #194
Fahtrim
Registered User
 
Fahtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 689
I actually quite enjoyed the reboot and look forward to Jane continuing to play his "handlers" while actually doing good work
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #195
markz
Hilarity Ensues
 
markz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connersville, IN
Posts: 12,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
He did an excellent job of hiding in plain sight, didn't he?

I think people really aren't giving the McAllister character enough credit. There's no reason why he has to be a good sheriff. It's not necessarily in his best interest to be so. He doesn't have to be good at solving crimes. The goal of a serial killer would be to blend in. It would be to appear average in every respect. Mediocre. Fly under the radar. Think of him like a dark "Columbo". Appear bumbling to the observer, yet be brilliant in secret.

As far as "why?", why does any serial killer kill people? It's a psychological defect, a compulsion. Obviously the character enjoyed manipulating people. He treated life like it was a game. He repeatedly won, kept taking risks, until finally he took one risk too many and lost. He could have killed Jane years ago, and eliminated the threat.

ETA: I'm surprised I seem to be the only one who doesn't passionately hate this ending. Of the suspects, McAllister isn't a bad choice. I'd might even have to call him my second favorite after Partridge.
And to add to that.

Instead of a lowly sheriff becoming a criminal mastermind, perhaps the criminal mastermind became a lowly sheriff to hide in plain sight.
__________________
- Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #196
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Orange Barrel State
Posts: 13,904
The biggest lame-o for me was the FBI operating with impunity in a non-extradition South American country. Right...
__________________
There's plenty of room for all God's creatures... Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #197
MikeCC
TiVotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
The biggest lame-o for me was the FBI operating with impunity in a non-extradition South American country. Right...
Yeah. I agree strongly. Come on, how do you think you'd react, and the U.S. authorities would react, if you heard that some Venezuelan national policemen drew their weapons and arrested someone in downtown Chicago or Washington, DC?

I'm sure the FBI handed the offenders over, but was the sale of that substance even illegal in whatever unnamed Latin American where Jane sought refuge?
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #198
eddyj
Registered User
 
eddyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: South Florida
Posts: 47,367
They did not arrest anyone. They held them until the local police came and arrested them.

And selling drugs is illegal almost everywhere.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #199
busyba
The Funcooker
 
busyba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 26,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
They did not arrest anyone. They held them until the local police came and arrested them.
Although it's questionable as to whether or not it's legal for them to be armed or to use the threat of force to detain someone in that country.
__________________
"Wow... I so love you" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #200
eddyj
Registered User
 
eddyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: South Florida
Posts: 47,367
Depends how much financial aid they get from the US.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #201
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Depends how much financial aid they get from the US.
And how little "financial aid" they get from the drug dealers...
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #202
Snapperdude
Not Adam
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I was not surprised by that, so I don't think Jane should be either.
She called him "Patrick" a couple of times. When he introduced himself I believe he used a different first name. He must have picked up on that.
Snapperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #203
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapperdude View Post
When he introduced himself I believe he used a different first name.
Nope, when he came to her table he held out his hand and said "Patrick".
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #204
RickyL
valar morghulis
 
RickyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Nope, when he came to her table he held out his hand and said "Patrick".
But the ladies at who mailed his letters called him Mr. Jane in front of her.
__________________
-Rick

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #205
john4200
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyL View Post
But the ladies at who mailed his letters called him Mr. Jane in front of her.
Care to explain this non sequitur?
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #206
RickyL
valar morghulis
 
RickyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Care to explain this non sequitur?
I thought we were discussing if she knew who he was.
__________________
-Rick

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #207
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!
 
Rob Helmerichs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 30,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyL View Post
I thought we were discussing if she knew who he was.
If you'd said "And" instead of "But," that would make sense. But "But" makes it sound like you were contradicting him by saying the same thing he said. Which makes somewhat less sense.
__________________
“This is the moment of truth. Are you my friend, or are you some bloodsucking network vampire?”
“Why do I have to pick one or the other?”
Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #208
Fahtrim
Registered User
 
Fahtrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyL View Post
But the ladies at who mailed his letters called him Mr. Jane in front of her.
Mr. Jane is correct, his last name is Jane after all...........

should the post office ladies have called him Sir Knight Patrick the Jane??
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #209
bacevedo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 322
We are really liking the reboot of the show. Having them work for the FBI allows them to go to new locales and not always be doing investigations in northern California. It was fun to have them go to New York for the investigation and branch out.

Plus, the show is lighter again and allows Jane to have fun. There is just a lot more playfulness going on now between the characters. There are new characters to love and hate and for Jane to con.
bacevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #210
AeneaGames
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacevedo View Post
We are really liking the reboot of the show. Having them work for the FBI allows them to go to new locales and not always be doing investigations in northern California. It was fun to have them go to New York for the investigation and branch out.

Plus, the show is lighter again and allows Jane to have fun. There is just a lot more playfulness going on now between the characters. There are new characters to love and hate and for Jane to con.
I agree! This way it can go back to the fun show it was in the beginning and it allows them for somewhat different stories.

Although have to say I totally did not find the bald macho looking guy with tattoos to be the right choice for a computer programmer!
AeneaGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |