TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #121
markz
Hilarity Ensues

First of all, the 3 dead bodies are NOT all who they think think they are. Otherwise they would have said that positively identified them. Instead, they said, "they were burned beyond recognition, but DNA says it is them". So there will most likely be a false ID.

Secondly, since they definitely did not show us Partridge's face when they showed the arm, then I believe that was not his body.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #122
ADG
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
First of all, the 3 dead bodies are NOT all who they think think they are. Otherwise they would have said that positively identified them. Instead, they said, "they were burned beyond recognition, but DNA says it is them". So there will most likely be a false ID.

Secondly, since they definitely did not show us Partridge's face when they showed the arm, then I believe that was not his body.
Agreed. Red John is not being revealed until next week. If the bodies were who they are thought to be then Red John would already be revealed as Bertram
Spoiler:
(since the producers told us at the beginning of the season Red John is one of the seven).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #123
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Maybe they just didn't want to pay the actor for an additional episode.

Seriously though, it would be incredibly stupid of Cho to not have looked at the face, whether or not we got to see it happen.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #124
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
During his confession, the FBI guy who got shot...
It cracked me up how they stress that they can't trust anybody in law enforcement and Smith is super paranoid about his safety, so after they finish interrogating him, they just walk out and leave the door open.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #125
RickyL
valar morghulis

I have to wonder if not showing his face was a plot ploy or a business ploy. IOW, they didn't want to pay him.

"If You chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush, Freewill
RickyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #126
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
During his confession, the FBI guy who got shot... did he say that he arranged to create fake credentials so RJ could infiltrate the CBI building and kill that secretary lady who had shot up the place? Am I remembering that correctly?

If Bertram were RJ, he wouldn't need that, would he?
IIRC, the fake credentials were for the person who poisoned Rebecca the secretary.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #127
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Maybe they just didn't want to pay the actor for an additional episode.

Seriously though, it would be incredibly stupid of Cho to not have looked at the face, whether or not we got to see it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyL View Post
I have to wonder if not showing his face was a plot ploy or a business ploy. IOW, they didn't want to pay him.
They would have shown Cho looking at his face without showing his face to us. Since Cho didn't look, it wasn't him, or it was incredibly DUMB writing.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #128
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
IIRC, the fake credentials were for the person who poisoned Rebecca the secretary.
Yeah, and I thought that person was RJ.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #129
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
There's no reason it couldn't have been a minion.

In fact, it might have been better that it was.
Bertram and Partridge are known CBI employees and would likely be more recognized and remembered.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #130
john4200

Quote:
Right. She recognized him and greeted him adoringly. It was very likely RJ.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #131
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

From the episode Guide Data description for two weeks from now:
Spoiler:
Looks like after they finish off the Red John story, there's a two-year time-jump.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #132
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
There's no reason it couldn't have been a minion.
Except this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
That was the impression I had gotten at the time as well.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #133
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Quote:
Except this:

That was the impression I had gotten at the time as well.
Well, it could have been someone like Timothy Carter.
Or it could have been Red John in disguise and it wouldn't have been a good idea for Partridge or Bertram to use their ID if they were logging visitors to Rebecca.

Of course, I suspect that I'm putting more thought into it than the writers.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 11-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #134
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
From the episode Guide Data description for two weeks from now:
Spoiler:
Looks like after they finish off the Red John story, there's a two-year time-jump.
The episode title is
Spoiler:
"My Blue heaven" which does not even remotely imply anything red, so I assumed it was a giveaway that the RJ plotline was really over.

If Jane kills him, like he promised Bosco, won't he be headed for prison?

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:48 AM   #135
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
He already killed Red John (Bradley Whitford) once, and managed to evade prison. I'm sure he can find some clever way to do it again.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #136
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Not if he stands his ground.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #137
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Well, it could have been someone like Timothy Carter.
Or it could have been Red John in disguise and it wouldn't have been a good idea for Partridge or Bertram to use their ID if they were logging visitors to Rebecca.
Rebecca wasn't killed by a visitor. She was killed by someone who passed by her in the hall (and quickly and surreptitiously smeared some poison onto her hand) while she was being moved.

Anyone who had access to be in the building (although an admittedly "employees-only" area of it) could have done it. If RJ needed to get fake credentials to do that, that would have to eliminate Bertram.

Quote:
Of course, I suspect that I'm putting more thought into it than the writers.
That's always a possibility.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #138
john4200

Quote:
Rebecca wasn't killed by a visitor. She was killed by someone who passed by her in the hall (and quickly and surreptitiously smeared some poison onto her hand) while she was being moved..
I just rewatched that scene. It is near the end of S02E08 "His Red Right Hand". I was wrong that Rebecca greets him. But she very clearly gets a big smile when she sees him. She obviously recognizes whoever it is and is happy to see him.

It seemed like the area of the building that we saw Partridge working in before. But Partridge does not wear a police uniform like this person did. And Partridge would not normally need special credentials. Although maybe if he wanted to impersonate a police officer, then he would.

Last edited by john4200 : 11-20-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #139
Shakhari

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post
He already killed Red John (Bradley Whitford) once, and managed to evade prison. I'm sure he can find some clever way to do it again.
Yeah, I was amused by the press conference ... Jane announces that Bertram is Red John and none of the reporters goes "Um, wait. Didn't you already kill Red John two years ago? It was in all the papers that he's dead."
Shakhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #140
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakhari View Post
Yeah, I was amused by the press conference ... Jane announces that Bertram is Red John and none of the reporters goes "Um, wait. Didn't you already kill Red John two years ago? It was in all the papers that he's dead."
I'm pretty sure it hit the news that RJ was still alive back when Jane tricked the serial killer into mocking Red John on TV, and RJ killed the guy and put his mark on the scene,

Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #141
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Reading the new USA Today article about the show and the whole RJ wrap up, there sure looks to be a a LOT of big changes starting with the December 1st episode. Looks like it could make for some more good episodes.
Alfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #142
astrohip
Stuart F

They're doing a bunch of interviews, drumming up PR for this last Red John episode. Here's a link to an interview with showrunner Bruno Heller (no spoilers):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-ep-end-658385

A couple of interesting tidbits. These are not spoilers, but just to be safe:

Spoiler:
* When you read this, it becomes clear they had no idea who RJ was at first. It was only as time went on (and I get the impression they mean years/seasons) did they finally decide who RJ would actually be.

* The first episode after RJ is set two years later.

astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #143
Shakhari

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it hit the news that RJ was still alive back when Jane tricked the serial killer into mocking Red John on TV, and RJ killed the guy and put his mark on the scene,
The only thing that happened there was the FBI came around to ask Jane if he REALLY killed Red John.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #144
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
The only thing that happened there was the FBI came around to ask Jane if he REALLY killed Red John.
The only thing that we got to see. That doesn't mean that was the only thing that happened.

There was a gruesome crime scene and a big red bloody smiley face. Unless the cops did a really good cover-up job, I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption to make that the state of RJ was made publicly known soon thereafter.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #145
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Spoiler:
* When you read this, it becomes clear they had no idea who RJ was at first. It was only as time went on (and I get the impression they mean years/seasons) did they finally decide who RJ would actually be.
Well, that is disappointing. For some reason I thought they had planned it from the beginning. Why is it so rare for shows with a multi-season arc to actually have even a rough idea of how that arc is going to conclude?
Old 11-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #146
astrohip
Stuart F

So that's it. After five seasons.

Sheriff Tom McAllister.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #147
Shakhari

Quote:

Sheriff Tom McAllister.
Yeah, but that was the only surprise in the episode ... not that it wasn't Bertram, but which of the supposedly dead suspects it would turn out to be.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #148
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Yeah, but that was the only surprise in the episode ... not that it wasn't Bertram, but which of the supposedly dead suspects it would turn out to be.
I was holding out for Stiles, who would have been the least ridiculous of the suspects.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #149
john4200

Quote:

Sheriff Tom McAllister.
Nearly 5.5 seasons. After more than 5 years of puzzling about Red John, that lame episode is the resolution? No explanation for why so many people adored him? No explanation for how he knew the list of suspects except, "I have real psychic powers"?

What a letdown.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #150
secondclaw

Ugh ... The episode wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but McAllister just doesn't make sense. Jane killing fake RJ was superior to this in every way, including RJ himself.
secondclaw is offline   Reply With Quote