TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #331
eddyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I was disappointed that both Grace and Rigsby were unable to overcome a plump old lady. They are both supposed to be pretty bad ass (and smart, in Grace's case). But it seemed like they lost about 30 IQ points this episode.
Yup. She acted stupidly, he was worse. I hate that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #332
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj View Post
Yup. She acted stupidly, he was worse. I hate that.
I could not believe that Grace did not even consider that a car she sees, in the middle of nowhere but just a short hop from where she was prisoner, was quite likely to contain people involved in her kidnapping.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #333
eddyj

Quote:
I could not believe that Grace did not even consider that a car she sees, in the middle of nowhere but just a short hop from where she was prisoner, was quite likely to contain people involved in her kidnapping.
And how bad Rigsby was at clearing the house and letting the sister get the drop on him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #334
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I was disappointed that both Grace and Rigsby were unable to overcome a plump old lady. They are both supposed to be pretty bad ass (and smart, in Grace's case). But it seemed like they lost about 30 IQ points this episode.
When she put down the frikkin' gun and went to duct-tape Grace, why didn't Grace just grab her by the throat, drop her to the ground, and squeeze with everything she's got while banging her head against the floor repeatedly and violently?

The whole episode seemed like they rushed-filmed a rough draft with no planning. Not to harp on the snow, but there didn't need to BE any snow. They could have just re-written it so it was an isolated mountain cabin full stop. Hell, it wouldn't even have taken any rewriting...as far as I can recall, there was no actual mention of the snow; it was just...there. Sort of

VERY sloppy episode, even by Mentalist standards (and it is generally a pretty lazy show, but it usually has enough innate charm and polish to slide by).
Old 03-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #335
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
When she put down the frikkin' gun and went to duct-tape Grace, why didn't Grace just grab her by the throat, drop her to the ground, and squeeze with everything she's got while banging her head against the floor repeatedly and violently?
I thought the same exact thing!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #336
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:

The whole episode seemed like they rushed-filmed a rough draft with no planning. Not to harp on the snow, but there didn't need to BE any snow. They could have just re-written it so it was an isolated mountain cabin full stop. Hell, it wouldn't even have taken any rewriting...as far as I can recall, there was no actual mention of the snow; it was just...there. Sort of

VERY sloppy episode, even by Mentalist standards (and it is generally a pretty lazy show, but it usually has enough innate charm and polish to slide by).

It's things like this that make me very concerned for the upcoming Gotham tv show.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #337
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
It's things like this that make me very concerned for the upcoming Gotham tv show.
We can only hope that he's spending so much time on Gotham, getting it JUST RIGHT, that he's neglecting Mentalist.

(Wouldn't be the first time a show has suffered because the creator is distracted by something shiny & new...Joss Whedon has done it once or twice, JJ Abrams on just about every show he's ever made...)
Old 03-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #338
verdugan

Quote:
Not to harp on the snow, but there didn't need to BE any snow. They could have just re-written it so it was an isolated mountain cabin full stop. Hell, it wouldn't even have taken any rewriting...as far as I can recall, there was no actual mention of the snow; it was just...there. Sort of.
They used the snow as the hint for finding them because the baddie bought all the cold gear stuff. But just like the show you're telling yourself "but it's cold in Colorado too!"

Yes, but that's why the bad guy "luckily" also bought guidebooks for Albuquerque and Santa Fe ... which would've been enough of a hint thus not needing the fake snow.

Sorry, I got nothing.

verdugan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #339
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
(Wouldn't be the first time a show has suffered because the creator is distracted by something shiny & new...Joss Whedon has done it once or twice, JJ Abrams on just about every show he's ever made...)
The season of South Park that coincided with Matt and Trey putting together Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was pretty bad.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #340
astrohip
Stuart F

[aside: seems strange to be posting this to the "Red John" thread. That seems like a lifetime ago for this show.]

So we have two episodes left this season. And from what I read, two episodes left in the series.

Lisbon & Jane. What will she do? What will HE do?

Your predictions?
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #341
Alfer
WOOSAH!

They both go their separate ways and Jane just settles in to his new life.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #342
astrohip
Stuart F

Interview with series’ creator, Bruno Heller, along with leads Simon Baker and Robin Tunney. The season-ending arc centered on Lisbon’s D.C. debate and how it’s stirring something in Jane. Read on for their thoughts about navigating that sticky wicket and how the May 18 (series?) finale will split the audience 50-50

http://tvline.com/2014/05/09/the-men...lisbon-finale/
Old 05-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #343
JYoung
Series 3

Truth be told, I don't really care if Jane and Lisbon get together.
I've never noticed the supposed romantic chemistry that they have.

Quite honestly, I felt that Rigbsy and Cho had more romantic chemistry than Jane and Lisbon.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #344
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Quite honestly, I felt that Rigbsy and Cho had more romantic chemistry than Jane and Lisbon.
LOL!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #345
bacevedo

Quote:
Truth be told, I don't really care if Jane and Lisbon get together.
I've never noticed the supposed romantic chemistry that they have.

That made me laugh, right there.

I agree. The only reason that there ever seemed like something was there between Jane and Lisbon was when other characters mentioned it, not by the interactions between them. I don't really care either way.

I didn't realize they only had two episodes left this season (and possibly series) to resolve the human smuggling and organ harvesting mystery.
bacevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #346
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Your predictions?
Lisbon's boyfriend is a Red John stooge [or whatever the series has instead of Red John stooges these days].
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #347
GoPackGo

Renewed for one more, possibly 13 episode season: http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/ment...ason-last-cbs/
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #348
bacevedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Lisbon & Jane. What will she do? What will HE do?

Your predictions?
Jane will tell Lisbon he loves her, but that he won't ever be able to be a good partner for her, so she should move to DC with the other guy.

Lisbon will be heartbroken, but go to DC because she knows that, even though she loves Jane, he isn't emotionally available for their relationship.

All of next season will be the tension between them apart and "chance" meetings working FBI cases.

Bryan
Old 05-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #349
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacevedo View Post
Jane will tell Lisbon he loves her, but that he won't ever be able to be a good partner for her, so she should move to DC with the other guy.

Lisbon will be heartbroken, but go to DC because she knows that, even though she loves Jane, he isn't emotionally available for their relationship.

All of next season will be the tension between them apart and "chance" meetings working FBI cases.

Bryan
Well you had at least one part right.

Overall I just didn't/don't feel any chemistry with these two characters at all. So not sure how entertaining it will be to see the two of them all lovey-dovey next season.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #350
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

If they had to transform Jane into a romcom buffoon to get to the ending they wanted, it probably wasn't the ending the show warranted.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #351
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
If they had to transform Jane into a romcom buffoon to get to the ending they wanted, it probably wasn't the ending the show warranted.
I was thinking the same thing as Jane was running to the airport to profess his love. Did they hire the writers from a bad romantic comedy?

But it is not the end of the show. It is renewed for a seventh season.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #352
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing as Jane was running to the airport to profess his love. Did they hire the writers from a bad romantic comedy?

But it is not the end of the show. It is renewed for a seventh season.
I was thinking this too. I mean, the part about him struggling to get on to the plane.

He should have been able to con/talk his way on to the plane better than having to run around the back and jump a fence.

I wish this had been the last episode. The final scene was fine as an ending. I don't want to watch them do the "castle" thing. Too bad it got renewed.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:59 PM   #353
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Loved the ending. While I was happy it was renewed, I would have been fine with that being the last scene.

Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #354
bacevedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Well you had at least one part right.

Overall I just didn't/don't feel any chemistry with these two characters at all. So not sure how entertaining it will be to see the two of them all lovey-dovey next season.
Yeah, with all of the Red John fake outs over the years, I didn't think they would make it so easy for them to just get together at the end. These writers have been the biggest teases over the years and they changed their ways!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #355
eddyj

Well, when they filmed it, they thought it would be the series finale. It did not get renewed until very recently. So they probably thought that was it!

Old 05-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #356
smbaker

Now that it's been renewed, I hope they spend some time turning Lisbon's (former) love interest into a Red John stooge.

Sure, the Red John thing got old, but I've been missing having some kind of multi-episode arc going on. The whole human smuggling plot didn't work for me. I want them to add a new adversary who is Jane's equal.
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #357
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post

Sure, the Red John thing got old, but I've been missing having some kind of multi-episode arc going on. The whole human smuggling plot didn't work for me. I want them to add a new adversary who is Jane's equal.
The head of the smuggling rink is out on bail and they don't have much/any evidence on him since the doctor hung himself.

There's potential to turn that into a multi-series arc -- especially if it's a short season.
verdugan is online now   Reply With Quote