TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Survivor - Blood vs Water : OAD 10-30-2013

Wow, how insecure is Kat? For a minute I almost wanted her to not lose the challenge, but I got over that.

Not surprised at all that Laura B managed to talk herself out of the game. Those girls seemed to be dying for any reason to not vote Vytas off and despite Laura B saying she felt at home with that tribe, she never really fit in. Katy seems to be doing an excellent job of blending into the background and keeping her own mouth shut.

From the previews for next week.
Spoiler:
Merge time, no big surprise. The Redemption challenge looks to be to cling to a pole as long as possible. That should favor Laura M to return to the game. I'll bet they continue Redemption Island and bring someone else back at the end.

Fun stuff.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #2
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Those women sure seem to be paying lip service to having a "Girl's Alliance" and they keep voting out someone other than the only guy. Unless of course the whole "Girls Alliance" was total crap and only used to mislead.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #3
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Dalton's recap. A bit spoilery on the last page regarding next week.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...ter-episode-7/

meh
Old 10-31-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Laura B. plays Survivor about as stupid as her hubby. Still, not a smart move by the girls because Vytas and Aras are going to be a tough team to beat.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Those women sure seem to be paying lip service to having a "Girl's Alliance" and they keep voting out someone other than the only guy. Unless of course the whole "Girls Alliance" was total crap and only used to mislead.
We've seen this before when one guy was in a tribe of all women. He ended up winning. The women start turning on each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The reason I think the "Girl's Alliance" was crap is that Laura telling Vytas that he was being voted out has no strategic implications whatsoever if they were all going to vote him out. What's he going to do as a result of getting this information? So I think that Tina wanted Laura B. to go all along. Either that or they are all stupid. That is equally possible.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
The reason I think the "Girl's Alliance" was crap is that Laura telling Vytas that he was being voted out has no strategic implications whatsoever if they were all going to vote him out. What's he going to do as a result of getting this information? So I think that Tina wanted Laura B. to go all along. Either that or they are all stupid. That is equally possible.
It ONLY makes even a LITTLE sense if Vytas would have been going to the jury and maybe Laura B would get some "points" with him for being honest. In this case it make ZERO sense to tell him.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
It ONLY makes even a LITTLE sense if Vytas would have been going to the jury and maybe Laura B would get some "points" with him for being honest. In this case it make ZERO sense to tell him.
Maybe so, but how does it hurt the alliance? I'm thinking Tina and Aras have a side agreement going on. I think that was mentioned in Dalton's recap.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #9
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:

Quote:
Maybe so, but how does it hurt the alliance? I'm thinking Tina and Aras have a side agreement going on. I think that was mentioned in Dalton's recap.

Because it's possible that Vytas could have gone out hunting for the HII for hours. I know I would have if I was told I was going to get voted out.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Because it's possible that Vytas could have gone out hunting for the HII for hours. I know I would have if I was told I was going to get voted out.
Like he wouldn't have already done that? Another point is that I don't think this was really anything he didn't already know or at least suspect. I'm still going with the theory that getting rid of Laura B. was really the plan all along.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
I had the feeling they were just making Laura feel safe when they were talking about voting Vytas off. It makes sense that Tina would want a bigger family target than her and her daughter going into the merge.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #12
MikeekiM
Palindromer

I don't know... Kat was voted off because she wavered on the girls alliance...

Part of me thought that Laura B was trying to tell the girls that there's no wavering here...in fact, I am going to tell Vytas to his face that he's going home, to demonstrate that I am all in...

Oh well... She always appeared a little awkward in the game... Square peg...round hole...
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
pmyers

It is in Tina/Katy's best interest to have Aras/Vytas around because it gives everbody else another team to focus on rather than them.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Oh... And Hayden clearly did not want to swap with Kat... Dramatized version of what transpired:

Hayden - "My relationship with Kat is more important than this game"

Jeff - "Oh yeah? Do you want to switch with her"?

Hayden - "Oh...Uh... So Kat...what do you think?"

Kat - "I'd like to switch...it's a puzzle, and I am going to lose otherwise"

Hayden - "Kat...what do you want to do?"

Kat - "Uh... I just said I want to switch"

Hayden - "No...what do you want to do...you know...whats best for us long term"

Kat - "Uh...I guess I want to stay and compete on the puzzle challenge"
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii

Last edited by MikeekiM : 10-31-2013 at 10:09 AM.
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #15
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
It is in Tina/Katy's best interest to have Aras/Vytas around because it gives everbody else another team to focus on rather than them.
Yup that's true. The "singles" should be all about voting off a member of a "pair" before the merge. It will be very interesting after the merge to see if the "pairs" initially stick together to vote off the singles. I wasn't sure about this blood/water thing before the season but it does add some strategic twists. I still think most of the casting was horrible though.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
Oh... And Hayden clearly did not want to swap with Kat... Dramatized version of what transpired:

Hayden - "My relationship with Kat is more important than this game"

Jeff - "Oh yeah? Do you want to switch with her"?

Hayden - "Oh...Uh... So Kat...what do you think?"

Kat - "I'd like to switch...it's a puzzle, and I am going to lose otherwise"

Hayden - "Kat...what do you want to do?"

Kat - "Uh... I just said I want to switch"

Hayden - "No...what do you want to do...you know...whats best for us long term"

Kat - "Uh...I guess I want to stay and compete on the puzzle challenge"

I started cracking up when Hayden said that, and then Jeff told him to put his money where his mouth is.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Like he wouldn't have already done that? Another point is that I don't think this was really anything he didn't already know or at least suspect. I'm still going with the theory that getting rid of Laura B. was really the plan all along.
Normally I agree, but usually Survivor shows us this. They generally don't "blindside" the audience that way. They may leave it open that it may or may not happen, but they normally show that they were planning this all along.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
Yup that's true. The "singles" should be all about voting off a member of a "pair" before the merge. It will be very interesting after the merge to see if the "pairs" initially stick together to vote off the singles. I wasn't sure about this blood/water thing before the season but it does add some strategic twists. I still think most of the casting was horrible though.
If Tina and her daughter made an alliance with the two brothers, they would reach the final four without a problem.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #19
getreal
postcrastinator

The whole Hayden/Kat scene was so awkward and clear that their relationship was always doomed, and that Kat was merely a stepping stone for Hayden to get onto "Survivor: Blood vs Water". And what do you do with a stepping stone? Step on it and keep walking away from it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #20
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
If Tina and her daughter made an alliance with the two brothers, they would reach the final four without a problem.
They will need to survive at least a couple TCs first. I think the odds are long against that.

meh
Old 10-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
They will need to survive at least a couple TCs first. I think the odds are long against that.
They would have to bring in a couple of extra people first to have the vote on their side. Tina could bring in those in her current alliance. Aras, not sure if he could pull it off though. He's already starting to be on the outs the rest of the tribe.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #22
stellie93

Quote:
There's a reason for blindsides--you never want to give the person time to scrounge around for someone who's at the bottom of the alliance who will flip. But more than that, I think they were just put off by the way she announced what would happen like she was in charge. These are all alpha personalities, after all.

And maybe they just decided to start voting off stupid.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #23
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
There's a reason for blindsides--you never want to give the person time to scrounge around for someone who's at the bottom of the alliance who will flip. But more than that, I think they were just put off by the way she announced what would happen like she was in charge. These are all alpha personalities, after all.

Exactly. Vote off stupid. What if the next time she does something stupid, it really hurts her alliance? She was unpredictable.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #24
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

Unless you know you have a rock-solid alliance. I think maybe they over-sold the strength of the fake "Girl Alliance" to Laura B. making her feel that there was no chance they wouldn't all vote for Vytas. Which made her think there was no harm in telling him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Exactly. Vote off stupid. What if the next time she does something stupid, it really hurts her alliance? She was unpredictable.
Even if she was doing something not in the interest of the alliance she was still a member (supposedly) as opposed to Vytas who was not a member. So mark her as first to go when you get rid of the non-members.

I'm sticking with the theory that there really wasn't an alliance that included Laura B. I think the rumor of Tina having some kind of agreement with Aras is looking more possible. They were just stringing Laura B. along this whole time with every intention of cutting her loose before the merge. Or as I said before maybe they are all just stupid.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #25
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
The whole Hayden/Kat scene was so awkward and clear that their relationship was always doomed, and that Kat was merely a stepping stone for Hayden to get onto "Survivor: Blood vs Water". And what do you do with a stepping stone? Step on it and keep walking away from it.
I'll disagree on this one. Kat clearly is challenged by challenges, and the social game, and wouldn't have survived very long anyway. Hayden has a solid chance to win and given his relative lack of airtime so far, he likely went to the end. If they're a committed couple then the wise choice (in terms of potential money) is for him to stay in the game.

I think Kat was a bit confused by the question and/or gave a confusing answer. I think it's possible she was trying to say that she would switch with him if *he* was on Redemption Island.

Hayden was a good guy on Big Brother and I'll give him a solid benefit of the doubt on this one.
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #26
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Yeah I think they put Hayden into a somewhat impossible situation. Kat clearly wanted to switch, but of course she would since she was voted out already. Hayden clearly did not want to switch because he's a game player and feels pretty secure in his tribe.

Switching would have just caused Kat to go into a tribe where she'd be next to go. And possibly send himself out the door as well. It wouldn't have been a good move to switch, however Kat was putting way too much emotion into it and causing Hayden to be caught in the middle. He wants to be a good boyfriend but also likes the game and knows he'd have a much better shot at winning than Kat.

The question really is, will Kat be able to handle the fact that Hayden didn't switch for her?
Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #27
Rkkeller

I am really losing interest in Survivor anymore and find myself skipping thru most of it to see who gets voted out at the end.
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkkeller View Post
I am really losing interest in Survivor anymore and find myself skipping thru most of it to see who gets voted out at the end.
You are really missing out on a great season then. The changes in strategy that Blood vs Water has made, have been great. Some players have picked up on them and others are totally in the dark. It has brought out a lot of new strategies.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

It's been a better season than I expected, and I was thinking of bailing after the first episode.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

If I could only watch one show from network television, I would watch Survivor.

meh