TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
triglyph

Cablecard firmware won't update

Roamio Plus, Charter Cable. Cisco cablecard is my third try. None of the previous Scientific Atlantic cards would automatically update the firmware to PKEY1.5.2.2801 as they are supposed to. Tivo said to try a different cablecard. I'm on the third try and it won't update. The current card has firmware that ends in 2401; all the previous one ended in 1601.

Tivo says they can't force an update. Charter is clueless, they say they can't update the firmware -- they actually advised me to try Weaknees! Good idea, but the next Charter technician said it would void something.

Any ideas on how to get the card to update firmware? I was missing 3 of 4 tuners before (Tivo advised me to restrict to 4 tuners for now). Now it's only missing Tuner 0.
triglyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

AFAIK, Cable Card updates must be pushed by the Cable system and if your system actually does this you are lucky. I've had TWC CC's for more than four years with nary an update. Even the ones they furnish at their stores are out of date. They don't have a clue and care even less.

My Cisco CC was obtained in July 2012 and it has :
OS Ver: PKEY1.5.3_F..0601

I suspect whatever Tivo problems you're having are not due to CC update version but ... who knows?

The cable cos are forced to use the same CC in their STB's and DVR's but obviously the CC's are factory configured with whatever software version suits their purposes.

There was a recent thread on this forum where a lot of info about CC updates was given but I can't seem to find it.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote