TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
takeagabu

Sound Bar Finally Programmed with Roamio Remote

TLDR - if the 1999 code search doesn't work, make sure to also try the 0999 (or vice versa).

I have a Vizio sound bar. I used to have the glo remote with my elite and I could just learn from the vizio remote. But I love having RF so I wanted to use the Roamio remote. There was one code there and when I entered it, the light didn't blink 3 times like it was supposed to. So obviously it didn't work. Then I tried the code search. After about a half hour of pressing the chan up button, still no luck. So I thought I might get a new sound bar that could decode dolby digital, and my tv can output in dolby and you can control it through the tv. But I ran through all sorts of problems with that. Finally, I random saw that the code search for AV equipment and TVs were different. And within 5 seconds of searching for the code, it worked. So try both the 1999 and 0999 code searches.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/292
takeagabu is offline   Reply With Quote