TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #91
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

Awesome Episode! Who was that woman that that attacked Harrison lol lol? Is that who he is afraid of?
DirecTV Genie
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #92
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Gulfer View Post
Awesome Episode! Who was that woman that that attacked Harrison lol lol? Is that who he is afraid of?
Yep, that's her. Should be interesting to get the full story on them.

Wow, Quinn has really gone over to the dark side. Sure hope Olivia can reel her back in.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #93
frombhto323

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Yep, that's her. Should be interesting to get the full story on them.

Wow, Quinn has really gone over to the dark side. Sure hope Olivia can reel her back in.
I hope so, too. I miss the cute little sister vibe she had going with the rest of them, especially Huck.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:51 AM   #94
Beryl

Dang. They know how to keep audiences guessing.

I'm gonna say it -- I was fanning myself when Jake took off his shirt in tonight's episode. I didn't expect that reaction.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #95
lpwcomp

The writers seem to think that the only problem with Nichols as the VP candidate is that the voters might have a problem with them being from same state. Hey clueless, the CONSTITUTION has a problem with that.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #96
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
The writers seem to think that the only problem with Nichols as the VP candidate is that the voters might have a problem with them being from same state. Hey clueless, the CONSTITUTION has a problem with that.
It's easily circumvented. Cheney was really from Texas too.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #97
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyba View Post
It's easily circumvented. Cheney was really from Texas too.
While he lived in Texas from 1995-2000, he was born in Nebraska, graduated from the University of Wyoming and represented Wyoming in the U.S. House. While it may have been a legal fiction, it was at least reasonable for him to re-establish residence in Wyoming. You really think that will work for either the current or previous Governor of the same state?

However, the main point is that the writer(s) only mention of it was /as a political problem rather than a legal one.

I'm already being asked to accept so many ridiculous things with this series. Can't they at least have some minor connection to the real world?

Old 03-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #98
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

So, who's dead? I doubt Josh Malina's character is...
Old 03-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #99
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
So, who's dead? I doubt Josh Malina's character is...
Who were the two ladies that got shot?

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #100
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Who were the two ladies that got shot?

Gerry
I think the blonde was the reporter that Publius was feeding info to.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #101
Gerryex

Quote:
I think the blonde was the reporter that Publius was feeding info to.
Yes, that's what I thought too. But who was the second lady?

Gerry
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #102
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I really hope it's James.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #103
tigercat74
Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Quote:
Yes, that's what I thought too. But who was the second lady?

Gerry
I think she was a NSA analyst that recorded the phone conversation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
tigercat74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #104
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I really hope it's James.
Yes, I agree. He's a rather obnoxious character!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat74 View Post
I think she was a NSA analyst that recorded the phone conversation.
Weren't the two nerdy guys the ones recording the phone calls. EDIT!!! I'm confusing this show with another where phone calls are being intercepted. (I won't mention the other show as that could be considered a spoiler for that show!)

Gerry
Old 03-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #105
lpwcomp

Maybe it was done to be deliberately misleading, but I cannot understand Olivia's fervor in bringing the killer to justice if James was the one shot.

One thing not yet mentioned: The first two shots came from a muffled weapon. Jake used an un-muffled one. So maybe he shot the initial shooter - possibly Quinn?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #106
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
One thing not yet mentioned: The first two shots came from a muffled weapon. Jake used an un-muffled one. So maybe he shot the initial shooter - possibly Quinn?
We actually do see him firing the silenced pistol (it's a very quick cut where we see it; the promo for next week shows it more clearly). After he puts down the NSA girl, he pockets the gun and pulls out the second, unsilenced pistol that he fires, ostensibly at one of the two guys.

My theory, he shoots one of the guys with the second gun, then plants the first gun on the dead guy, then gives the second gun to the still-alive guy and instructs him to tell the cops that he and the girls were ambushed by the dead guy, and that he killed him in self-defense.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:26 AM   #107
Beryl

I think between James and David, it would make more sense to kill David because James is easily silenced -- no need to kill him.
Quote:
Maybe it was done to be deliberately misleading, but I cannot understand Olivia's fervor in bringing the killer to justice if James was the one shot.

That is an intriguing possibility but wouldn't Olivia know who did the killing if both James and David lived?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:36 AM   #108
lpwcomp

Quote:
We actually do see him firing the silenced pistol (it's a very quick cut where we see it; the promo for next week shows it more clearly). After he puts down the NSA girl, he pockets the gun and pulls out the second, unsilenced pistol that he fires, ostensibly at one of the two guys.

My theory, he shoots one of the guys with the second gun, then plants the first gun on the dead guy, then gives the second gun to the still-alive guy and instructs him to tell the cops that he and the girls were ambushed by the dead guy, and that he killed him in self-defense.
Yeah, I missed that. So much for my theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I think between James and David, it would make more sense to kill David because James is easily silenced -- no need to kill him.
Also James is now more or less reconciled with Cyrus, so would be more willing to protect him. I never really thought of him as a "good" guy anyway. Then again, I'm not sure there are any in this series. Kind of like "Game of Thrones".

Plus I can't see Olivia getting all that incensed about James being killed.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #109
Beryl

Momma Pope -- too much.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #110
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

I love Khandi Alexander.
I see Rosen coming on board as a Gladiator by season's end.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #111
Howie
Out of Pocket

Mellie's looking pretty good here lately.
Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #112
Gerryex

"Mama Said Knock You Out" - 3/27 **SPOILERS**

OK, I know this is just a TV show but its really starting to get silly!! I'm sure there are many clandestine govt agencies of which the public has no knowledge of. And within those agencies I'm sure there are individuals that have a certain amount of independent authority. But really this B-613 goes too far!!! So here is an agency that seems to have TOTALLY INDEPENDENT authority to do basically ANYTHING THEY WANT to "protect the republic!" Including basically murdering and torturing people. And both Olivia's Daddy and Jake (old and new Command) say the President can do nothing about it!

But that doesn't make sense either as when Olivia's Daddy started doing too many things the Pres didn't like it seemed like the Pres had no difficulty at all in firing Daddy and then appointing Jake as Command. Now Jake has gone all gung ho and is doing all sorts of nasty things and again tells the Pres that there's nothing the Pres can do. If the Pres fired Daddy so easily can't he do the same with Jake?

Anyway, its still some escapist fun and I'll continue to watch!!

Gerry
Old 03-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #113
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
But that doesn't make sense either as when Olivia's Daddy started doing too many things the Pres didn't like it seemed like the Pres had no difficulty at all in firing Daddy and then appointing Jake as Command. Now Jake has gone all gung ho and is doing all sorts of nasty things and again tells the Pres that there's nothing the Pres can do. If the Pres fired Daddy so easily can't he do the same with Jake?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

Old 04-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #114
hummingbird_206

I just got caught up. So Mommy dearest was hired by Harrison's (lover...stalker...whatever?) to do what? Kill the Prez?

And I guess Olivia didn't succeed in reeling in Quinn. Loved Quinn paying back Huck. It was great in a really creepy way.

Jake sure has gotten right at home as Command. I think Daddy dearest is going to get his job back eventually though.

And good for Mellie getting some! Though I do wish she had told Fitz about the rape. But can't do that, have to protect the Prez, ugh.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:10 PM   #115
Gerryex

Something really bothers me and I guess it may even happen in real life. Fitz has been sleeping with Olivia for quite a while and Mellie knows all about it and Fitz knows that Mellie knows. Fitz has many times expressed his undying love for Olivia while expressing his absolute dislike of Mellie right to Mellie's face. And then along comes the VP candidate and he sleeps with Mellie. And Fitz has a conniption fit and slugs him in front of a lot of people!! So its ok for Fitz to cheat but not Mellie. That's real fair!!!!

But like I said this probably does happen in real life but I still think it stinks!!

Gerry
Old 04-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #116
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Something really bothers me and I guess it may even happen in real life. Fitz has been sleeping with Olivia for quite a while and Mellie knows all about it and Fitz knows that Mellie knows. Fitz has many times expressed his undying love for Olivia while expressing his absolute dislike of Mellie right to Mellie's face. And then along comes the VP candidate and he sleeps with Mellie. And Fitz has a conniption fit and slugs him in front of a lot of people!! So its ok for Fitz to cheat but not Mellie. That's real fair!!!!

But like I said this probably does happen in real life but I still think it stinks!!

Gerry
Yep, the old double standard. He can do it, but she can't. Plus, he doesn't want her, but he doesn't want anyone else to have her. She's 'his wife'. I think you're feeling exactly the way we (the audience) are supposed feel about it.

I loved Abby's gladiator speech to Olivia!
Old 04-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #117
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Fitz is angry because Mellie rejected him (after his father raped her) if he can't have her nobody can. I think it's horrible and I can't relate because I have major problems with unfaithful people.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #118
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:

Gerry
Happens all the time in real life. Many people are hypocrites. They have no problem cheating, but when their spouse does they get all pissed off. It never made sense to me.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #119
Beryl

I was irritated about both Fitz's outrage and Liv's outrage at Fitz's outrage until I watched the last episodes again. Fitz was so mad because he was betrayed by someone he trusted enough to pick for VP. I don't think he would have reacted the same way with someone else (like the toe-guy Mellie was with before).

Liv is probably mad at Fitz for being such a hypocrite.

I could be wrong.

Momma and Pappa Pope are amazing and I'm enjoying them both. It is a good thing Olivia wants to be a gladiator.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:15 PM   #120
aaronwt
HD Addict

Yes it's too bad she is pregnant and they had to cut the season short four episodes.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote