TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Nurse Jackie - 2015 Season 7 ***spoilers to date***

Nurse Jackie - S07E01 "Clean" OAD 2015-04-12

No Sergeant Frank this season?

EVERYBODY has had it with Jackie's lies, even Zoey finally, except Eddie.

How does Jackie think suing to get her job back is going to work out?

Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MikeAndrews; 04-13-2015 at 04:27 PM.
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #2
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

I think she's trying to save her nursing license. Suing perhaps to muddy the waters.

Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #3
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

By the way, this is Nurse Jackie's final season, according to Entertainment Weekly

Old 04-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #4
astrohip
Stuart F

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
By the way, this is Nurse Jackie's final season, according to Entertainment Weekly
I like this show, it's (almost) always entertaining... but it's time to go. I'm ready to check out of All Saints.

astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:26 PM   #5
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I like this show, it's (almost) always entertaining... but it's time to go. I'm ready to check out of All Saints.
Agreed.

I wonder how they'll end it? Uplifting and hopeful seems unlikely. If it weren't for her kids, I could see her going to Guatemala or someplace where she could continue to be a nurse.

Coop and the blonde is as tedious as ever. But I did enjoy her messy, rented apartment.

This season has pared back. No more British friend. No more love interest for Zooey. No policeman boyfriend. No more sponsor (although would love to see her come roaring back).

mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:41 PM   #6
sharkster

Well, this season should be different, in some ways, than the others now that she's pretty much been busted with everybody.

That was pretty crappy the way the jail officer put some pills in her personal effects.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember how the last season ended in terms of where she was going, why all the meds, did pharmacy dude set it up for her, and what papers was he signing Akilitus' name to. Can't find the episodes on SHO On Demand or Netflix, or I would just watch the last ep of the previous season again.

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #7
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
This season has pared back. No more British friend. No more love interest for Zooey. No policeman boyfriend. No more sponsor (although would love to see her come roaring back).
I am not so sure we can say it's pared back based on one episode.
The Brit friend has been gone for ages.
I believe the cop boyfriend (I thought they broke up) and sponsor (didn't she get framed into going to mandatory rehab?) both resolved at the end of last season.
As for Zooey's BF? Too soon to say.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #8
danielhart
Nerp Nerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkster View Post
Well, this season should be different, in some ways, than the others now that she's pretty much been busted with everybody.

That was pretty crappy the way the jail officer put some pills in her personal effects.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember how the last season ended in terms of where she was going, why all the meds, did pharmacy dude set it up for her, and what papers was he signing Akilitus' name to. Can't find the episodes on SHO On Demand or Netflix, or I would just watch the last ep of the previous season again.
She was leaving town for Miami iirc. She got all the pills from Eddie (pharmacy dude). He forged Akalitus' name on a requisition - I guess to cover all the missing pills (even though in RL that would never work)

One thing that has always bugged me about this show (ftr I am a nurse for 25 years) is all those multi-colored capsules they use for the pain meds. Most, if not all, pain meds are tablets and most of them are white.

danielhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #9
sharkster

But the multi-colored ones looks so purdy when they fly through the air!

Thanks, Daniel. Clearly, I had memory-lapsed quite a bit from the end of last season.

sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #10
mooseAndSquirrel

Older daughter turned around too fast. Looks they'll head to a rosy finish, with "diversion" (that isn't a thing is it?) working and she cleans up. I suppose I'd be ok with that as an ending. But this week's episode was just a little dull.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #11
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
Older daughter turned around too fast. Looks they'll head to a rosy finish, with "diversion" (that isn't a thing is it?) working and she cleans up. I suppose I'd be ok with that as an ending. But this week's episode was just a little dull.
In the preview
Spoiler:
All Saints will be closing. End credits.
and it was all in the imagination of an autistic boy.

UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:43 AM   #12
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhart View Post
She was leaving town for Miami iirc. She got all the pills from Eddie (pharmacy dude). He forged Akalitus' name on a requisition - I guess to cover all the missing pills (even though in RL that would never work)...
The scam was that she was heading to Haiti to volunteer for hurricane relief, so the forged requisitions were for that cause,...and Jackie just happened to be urgently called and had to dash to the charity flight as Akalitus was there screaming for her to report to the drug test auditors.

Eddie's job is toast.

UVerse and OTA

Old 05-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #13
unixadm
Super Moderator

Had forgotten to set up the season pass for it and wasn't really that excited to watch it. Was able to download episodes 1-4 on Showtime on demand on DirecTV and record episode 5. We just got done watching all 5. Better than I thought it would be...of course, so not realistic in so many ways but some good story lines

I was wondering what Jackie was doing going back to All Saints and acting like she was starting back to work....got a Seinfeld/George thought of him going back to work after quitting like it never happened.....then after Akalitus fired her in front of everyone, it dawned on me that she was setting up a lawsuit....so scummy yet so Jackie

I'm wondering if Jackie gets her license back now that she backed down from organizing the troops.....if they know she took the flash drive, then that would be a no, but I'm guessing that she manipulates them to re-instate her before they find out she took the drive. Of course, at the end of episode 5....

Spoiler:

Jackie bringing the flash drive to the newspaper will blow this whole thing up fast....and with public opinion weighing in on the closing of the hospital, the whole deal may fall apart quickly

I don't get Eddie..why does he stick with Jackie...pretty much lose his job over her, give her money to fund her legal woes, etc. Just seems like any normal person would just walk away.

Kevin taking all the equity out of the house was great....sucks that he had to resort to Jackie style tactics...but she was going to do the same to him anyway....worked for her in the end as she got to see her kids again.

The Cooper/Carrie thing can't go away fast enough....she is annoying and a total mess...she fakes a pregnancy to keep him, then doesn't want him, then wants him when he is ok moving on.

Last edited by unixadm; 05-13-2015 at 10:38 AM.
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:53 PM   #14
astrohip
Stuart F

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm really enjoying this last run. It's fun to see them write like there's no tomorrow.

Eddie has loved Jackie from day one. Does it make sense? No, but what's sense got to do with it? Glad to see Coop is getting out alive.

No need for spoiler tags, the header says "spoilers". How many episodes left?

Old 05-14-2015, 03:27 PM   #15
aindik

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
Had forgotten to set up the season pass for it and wasn't really that excited to watch it. Was able to download episodes 1-4 on Showtime on demand on DirecTV and record episode 5. We just got done watching all 5. Better than I thought it would be...of course, so not realistic in so many ways but some good story lines

I was wondering what Jackie was doing going back to All Saints and acting like she was starting back to work....got a Seinfeld/George thought of him going back to work after quitting like it never happened.....then after Akalitus fired her in front of everyone, it dawned on me that she was setting up a lawsuit....so scummy yet so Jackie

I'm wondering if Jackie gets her license back now that she backed down from organizing the troops.....if they know she took the flash drive, then that would be a no, but I'm guessing that she manipulates them to re-instate her before they find out she took the drive. Of course, at the end of episode 5....

Spoiler:

Jackie bringing the flash drive to the newspaper will blow this whole thing up fast....and with public opinion weighing in on the closing of the hospital, the whole deal may fall apart quickly

I don't get Eddie..why does he stick with Jackie...pretty much lose his job over her, give her money to fund her legal woes, etc. Just seems like any normal person would just walk away.

Kevin taking all the equity out of the house was great....sucks that he had to resort to Jackie style tactics...but she was going to do the same to him anyway....worked for her in the end as she got to see her kids again.

The Cooper/Carrie thing can't go away fast enough....she is annoying and a total mess...she fakes a pregnancy to keep him, then doesn't want him, then wants him when he is ok moving on.
Did Carrie fake the pregnancy? I don't remember that at all. IIRC it was a real pregnancy that ended with a real miscarriage that she didn't tell Coop about for a while.

aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #16
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
Did Carrie fake the pregnancy? I don't remember that at all. IIRC it was a real pregnancy that ended with a real miscarriage that she didn't tell Coop about for a while.
Yes, that is how I remember it also.

Gerry

Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #17
mooseAndSquirrel

Not much to say, but I am rather enjoying the relative sweetness of this final season. I was so glad in this last episode that Jackie resisted drugs which were literally under her nose. I hope they end the series with her somewhat in control. I like Tony Shaloub and kind of wish his character had shown up earlier.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #18
astrohip
Stuart F

TC CLUB MEMBER
Agree. This last season has brought some much needed revitalization to these characters. I feel like a story is being told, and we're headed somewhere, as versus so many previous seasons when I felt like wheels spinning.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #19
unixadm
Super Moderator

I do like Tony Shaloub in the role and agree that the storylines are taking some really good turns and the writing has been much better than the past few years.

Early on, in the first couple seasons, I liked Jackie's character and was rooting for her even though she was such a mess. It got to the point in the past couple seasons where I was loathing her character, felt she was a lost cause and just didn't care. They are back on track and I like the way her character is changing this season. Realizing that she has to stay clean, trying desperately for her last chance as fixing her life....wanting to keep the hospital open, caring about people regardless of what she is told she is allowed or not allowed to do, etc...following the drug addict to try to keep him from dying from an OD...She is still manipulative but that is part of her addiction and she is manipulating a little more to better herself and do good rather than manipulating to get her next fix.

I was pretty much done with the series...figured it had gone it's course...but if they keep on this track, I would have been in for another season.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:20 AM   #20
brebeans

'Nurse Jackie' Ends As TV's Most Honest Depiction Of Addiction
APRIL 12, 2015 5:27 AM ET

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/10/398713...n-of-addiction

This isn't a spoiler for the last episode. It a description of the series, to date, prior to the final season. It does provide us with why we, as viewers, both loved and hated Jackie and were so frustrated with the roller coaster ride of addiction.

I will grieve the loss of Nurse Jackie. It was a great show!

brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #21
Cainebj

052415 Are You With Me, Doctor Wu?

Man o man did I think things were going to go bad when they went to the clinic.

I am happy they went in the other direction.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #22
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
Man o man did I think things were going to go bad when they went to the clinic.

I am happy they went in the other direction.
Ditto, although I still worry about the video of her. I imagine even being at the pill mill violates her diversion. But hopefully they'll wind this down to a gentle conclusion. It certainly seems that way with Kevin and the daughter.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #23
mooseAndSquirrel

I also think they wrote it to tease us with suspense. I doubt Eddie would leave 22k worth of drugs on his motorcycle. And then the POV at the final waterfront scene looked like a horror film way of framing.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:19 PM   #24
mooseAndSquirrel

Well, I guess "he's flying" leaves little doubt that Jackie is using drugs again. I was hoping she was tossing lifesavers or gum in her mouth.

And hitting the inevitable skids with Eddie. "You're selfish" - well duh.

So much for a sweet resolution.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #25
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Yeah. There is no experience Jackie can endure that will get her to stay sober. She can hardly hit rock bottom any more.

One episode left. I'll bet we don't get a "and they all lived happily ever after..." ending.

My DVR tells me that Showtime will be doing a marathon of the previous episodes of this season.

UVerse and OTA

Old 07-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #26
brebeans

Nurse Jackie - Series Finale *SPOILERS*

So...whoa...what did everyone think?

Was she trying to commit suicide? What's the final message?
I will so miss this show.

Interested in everyone's thoughts and conclusions about this episode.

I think this is one of the best, continuing engaging series on TV, and all realistically portrayed.

Buh bye, Jackie. We'll miss you...and Chloe and Thor and even Akalaitis!

I really enjoyed this season a lot.

brebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #27
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Dr. Prince was teh cool.

Isn't the actor who plays Thor legally blind?

UVerse and OTA

Old 07-02-2015, 01:13 AM   #28
Nickljo

i don't think she was trying to commit suicide, I think they were just showing that she's an addict, she'll always be and addict, and she can't help herself.

Nickljo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:14 AM   #29
Cainebj

Someone else started a series finale episode thread here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=529762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickljo View Post
i don't think she was trying to commit suicide, I think they were just showing that she's an addict, she'll always be an addict, and she can't help herself.
I agree.
The insight that someone else mentioned in the other thread was she was losing everything at that moment.
The hospital was closing, Eddie was going to jail, one friend O'Hara called her out on being high and the other Zoey was in effect leaving her by saying she wanted to move on without her.