TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Premiere support for RF remote?

Does the Premier support the newer RF remote control? I noticed in the system info screen there was entry about the RF remote control, the remote that came with it is just a IR remote, isn't it?

I'm getting a Roamio next week and I understand they come with the newer IR/RF remotes and just curious as a RF remote would nice with my Premiere.

Thanks!
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
tatergator1

You can order a RF TiVo remote that comes with a USB dongle to enable RF for a Premiere. In the TiVo shop, there is a drop down box for which version of the RF remote you want to buy: Premiere/Mini or Roamio. The only difference is that the Premiere/Mini option would have a USB dongle thrown in the shipping box.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
You can order a RF TiVo remote that comes with a USB dongle to enable RF for a Premiere. In the TiVo shop, there is a drop down box for which version of the RF remote you want to buy: Premiere/Mini or Roamio. The only difference is that the Premiere/Mini option would have a USB dongle thrown in the shipping box.
I looked for the rf dongle and could not find it could you list the url for it.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
supasta

The drop-down was for the TiVo Slide Remote which includes the dongle. The remotes are now listed separately in the store.

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:13 AM   #5
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
And that remote also works with the Roamio without the USB adapter?

I thought I read something here in another msg that the Premiere uses blue tooth frequencies ? Or at least the Tivo slide remote uses blue tooth wireless frequencies? I was just curious about the idea that there is a Tivo remote that operates on the bluetooth frequency.

Thanks for the info!
TiVo Premiere

Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #6
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
And that remote also works with the Roamio without the USB adapter?

I thought I read something here in another msg that the Premiere uses blue tooth frequencies ? Or at least the Tivo slide remote uses blue tooth wireless frequencies? I was just curious about the idea that there is a Tivo remote that operates on the bluetooth frequency.

Thanks for the info!
Ok, my original post was a little mixed up/outdated. The RF remote that comes with a dongle for Premieres is the Tivo Slide Pro, not just a basic RF Tivo Roamio remote. They are currently Out of Stock on the website and are now listed as two distinct products: Tivo Slide Pro-Roamio and Tivo Slide Pro-Premiere, no drop down box anymore. And yes, the Tivo Slide Pro works with a Roamio with no need for the dongle.

The references you're seeing to a Bluetooth remote refer to the old model of the Tivo Slide remote. It used a similar dongle, but the dongle was a receiver for Bluetooth instead of RF. That one was discontinued, maybe a year ago by now.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Thanks!
TiVo Premiere