TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
nessie

Cheapest way to get a Roamio Basic w/ Lifetime?

I currently have a TiVo series 2 w/ lifetime (I bought it on eBay and had the lifetime transferred to me.) I want to buy a Roamio Basic w/ lifetime but can't figure out the cheapest method. On Tivo's website it looks like it would be $599.99 (includes $100 multi-service discount.) The TiVo itself is $50 cheaper on bestbuy.com, so maybe I could buy it there then activate lifetime on Tivo's site for the discounted $399.99 for a total of $550, but can it get any cheaper than that? Thanks for your help
nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

You can buy a discount coupon on ebay for $30 to $50 that will allow you to purchase a basic w/lifetime for $450. That's probably the cheapest you can get it for.
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #3
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

A series 2 with lifetime they might let you transfer that to a roamio. Couldn't hurry to ask.
----
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB+w/slide remote(original)
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB
TiVo Stream (happily streaming to Android)
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCurry57 View Post
A series 2 with lifetime they might let you transfer that to a roamio. Couldn't hurry to ask.
Not gonna happen. The only ones that are allowed to transfer are S1 units purchased before January 2000. They might offer you the $6.95/mo monthly plan though if you catch the right CSR.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Darkon

If you've been a TiVo subscriber for 10+ years, you might be able to get the Roamio Plus for $500 ($400 for unit plus $99 for PLS). I and a few others were able to get that deal, which is at least $100 less than the best other alternative (using the coupon you can get for $30-$50)
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #6
jdg0928
I (heart) Comcast

While discussing some options to move from two TiVo HDs to a Roamio and Mini, I mentioned I've been a TiVo owner for more than 10 years. At that point, the rep to whom I was speaking offered the following two deals:

1) TiVo Roamio for $199 with lifetime service for $199
2) TiVo Roamio Plus for $399 with lifetime service for $99

Either is a pretty good deal, but it was hard to turn down the Plus for only an extra $100. I wasn't going to pay for streaming, but I'll almost certainly use it now that I have it.

I'm torn on the hard drive. I have a 2TB on the way from Amazon, but the installed 1TB might be plenty. It's what I have now with my HD, and I'm pretty sure I don't come close to ~150 hours. (And I certainly don't have time to watch that much television!)
jdg0928 is offline   Reply With Quote