TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #181
SocratesJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I'm not sure anyone knows Jesse is alive.
Well, if they do any kind of police work at the scene they'll find his fingerprints on a murder weapon.
SocratesJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #182
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Having had a night to dwell on it I think ultimately this was simply not as good as the other episodes in this season. Too many conveniences for that ending, no searching his car, getting to park his car exactly where he wanted, knowing the clubhouse layout, having the whole gang in the clubhouse etc. etc.
I don't see the Nazis not searching Walt's car as a big deal. What would they be looking for? Certainly not a souped up machine gun. Even if they thought it was bugged, they moved indoors. The rest of your quibbles, yeah they stretched the imagination a little bit.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #183
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
You're right, it's not, because you are flat out wrong and you can't admit it, both songs were written by Marty Robbins, so I'll take his material over some lyrics site.
hahahahaha....Felina is the Spanish spelling and it was used in the original lyrics of El Paso. It's the root for the English word "feline".
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #184
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I don't see the Nazis not searching Walt's car as a big deal. What would they be looking for? Certainly not a souped up machine gun. Even if they thought it was bugged, they moved indoors. The rest of your quibbles, yeah they stretched the imagination a little bit.
They looked into the backseat, they searched him for weapons and even a wire. No need to open the trunk. Said it before, but thought it was very Walter White as to how he parked where he wanted and then was so blaise about it that the guy didn't tell him to move the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #185
SocratesJohnson

"Becky is on the left, Carrol is on the right."

I also like how uncle Jack made a point to ask if Walt's hair was a wig. I thought it looked kind of fake compared to the scene in Denny's, which I assume was his real hair.
SocratesJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #186
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
As far as Jesse's confession, it also implicated Todd's killing Drew Sharpe, so maybe the AB destroyed it? Have we seen specific mention of how many copies were made?
I don't think any copies were made. As mentioned in a previous thread (and totally viewable on screen), the AB took the video camera from Hank's house, *and* was using it to replay Jesse's confession back in the "clubhouse". Also, if you recall, at Hank's house, he asked Gomie for "another SD card". So I'm going to guess that the only copies were the SD card in the camera, and maybe one or two others the AB also retrieved from Hank's house.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #187
JohnB1000

I don't always agree with Mo Ryan's opinions (yet I don't call her names ) but I thought her review of this episode was spot on

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mauree...b_4015186.html

Reading that just now made me realize the two biggest issues with the finale (1) Jesse barely featured (2) basically it was about mopping up minor characters.

A few quotes

Quote:
I can't imagine many people will think of this as a classic hour of "Breaking Bad.

The last two episodes, for all their good moments and sturdy attributes, feel like mopping-up exercises, to some extent

a finale that was often concerned with logistical details and a plot to get rid of minor characters wasn't quite what I was expecting

it did not spend much time on Walt and Jesse's final moments. Jesse's absence was especially pronounced in the finale, and that may partly account for why the last hour felt kind of lopsided and off.

I wrestle with the fact that Walt got to call the shots, for the most part.

The last time these two people saw each other, Walt revealed Jesse's hiding spot to the Nazis and then told him how he'd let Jane die. There is some distance to cover between Walt's confession about Jane and those nods, and I'm not quite sure "Felina" quite had time to cover it.

Why, then, did Jesse get around the same amount of screen time as Lydia, Todd or Jack?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #188
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
The last time these two people saw each other, Walt revealed Jesse's hiding spot to the Nazis and then told him how he'd let Jane die. There is some distance to cover between Walt's confession about Jane and those nods, and I'm not quite sure "Felina" quite had time to cover it.
I think she's too short-sighted and selfish. Jesse did what he did because he finally realized that (1) Walt was going to die anyway, and (2) he wanted to get as far away as possible, as quickly as possible from that "life". There's a saying "don't engage"... while Jesse may have felt all those things, it was his one and only chance to escape. If he tried to engage Walt about any of those things, he'd lose his one and only change to get away from it all and not look back. He made the right choice.

eta: And mentioned above, everything they both felt was clearly and finally summed up in those last to looks they gave each other. Nothing more was needed.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #189
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I don't always agree with Mo Ryan's opinions (yet I don't call her names ) but I thought her review of this episode was spot on

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mauree...b_4015186.html

Reading that just now made me realize the two biggest issues with the finale (1) Jesse barely featured (2) basically it was about mopping up minor characters.

A few quotes
Good column, thanks for sharing.

And yes, not enough of Jesse and Walt. There just wasn't anything more that could be said, and yes, the look they share at the end said a LOT. Still, the fangirl in me says more Jesse is always better than any Lydia or Marie or anyone else.

Quote:
Walt may have been the great brain behind "Breaking Bad," but Jesse was its heart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #190
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeneaGames View Post
Walt said to Lydia on the phone "I slipped it into that stevia crap that you're always putting in your tea"

I think that is a definitive answer...
Yep, that was the answer I was hoping we would get. I made my initial post before he made that statement. I was posting during the show.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #191
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
hahahahaha....Felina is the Spanish spelling and it was used in the original lyrics of El Paso. It's the root for the English word "feline".
Oh man, you are SO WRONG.

The Spanish word Felina is NOT the root of the English word feline.

The LATIN word Felinus-Felina-Filinum is the root of the English word feline.

How can ANYBODY be SO WRONG?!?!?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #192
3D

I'm a little confused by those who insist that Walt did not pay much of a price. I don't know how anyone could watch the scenes of Walt looking over his daughter while she slept and of Walt Jr./Flynn going into the house (knowing that he'd never see either again and that one of them would never have any point of reference to remember him and the other would hate him for the rest of his life) and not feel that he both paid the ultimate price for his crimes and was well aware of it. Oh yeah, he also dies.
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #193
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Sepinwall's review

For the most part, Sepinwall liked the finale, but said it was almost too neat and tidy...
Old 09-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #194
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Oh man, you are SO WRONG.

The Spanish word Felina is NOT the root of the English word feline.

The LATIN word Felinus-Felina-Filinum is the root of the English word feline.

How can ANYBODY be SO WRONG?!?!?

Well, I'm glad somebody here knows their Latin!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #195
trnsfrguy
Advanced !

I just received a sample of "True Lemon" lemonade drink mix. The packaging state it's "naturally sweetened with Stevia".
Not sure if I'll drink this....
MK code 1762-3068-7645/ Carlos

trnsfrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #196
JohnB1000

Come on trnsfrguy, you don't know how much effort it took for me to send you that gift !!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #197
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D View Post
I'm a little confused by those who insist that Walt did not pay much of a price. I don't know how anyone could watch the scenes of Walt looking over his daughter while she slept and of Walt Jr./Flynn going into the house (knowing that he'd never see either again and that one of them would never have any point of reference to remember him and the other would hate him for the rest of his life) and not feel that he both paid the ultimate price for his crimes and was well aware of it. Oh yeah, he also dies.
The point is that he mostly controlled his exit, hence he did not learn from the total loss of control he gave to most other people.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #198
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Quote:
He said it made him feel alive.

Think of his evolution - he basically started the series as a drone. Despite the obviously terrible consequences, he finally feels like he's lived. That's a pretty big win for anyone.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #199

When they file Better Call Saul, how far back in time will it be? Jesse knew what he really was during Breaking Bad. Mike also worked for him.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #200
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Agree with all those. Lydia only has "flu-like symptoms and a ton of cash" and will die. Skylar is really in jeopardy. He should have just let the phone ring, but his telling her was enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Lydia is driven by fear and greed. Revenge really isn't her thing.
This.

She would do two things in this order and wouldn't have time to put a hit on anyone:

1. Call the nanny to take care of her daughter
2. Call an ambulance to see if something could be done. She doesn't know for sure that it was ricin and she could not recover.

Both Jesse and Saul being left alive and the uncertainty of Lydia's fate provides more sequel opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
The local PD and DEA will surely go through all the evidence and eventually uncover that he was a big part of the Heisenberg operation and that he murdered Gale. So Jesse is on the run......for a while. All in all a great finale though. Look forward to whatever Gilligan does next.
This is why I was concerned about Jesse leaving his prints on that gun.

Quote:
Jack was too stupid to realize that Walt had already made up his mind ten minutes earlier.
I thought the SAME thing when WW shot Jack. Loved that vengeance trumped greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldworker View Post
Meth users got a much better product.
I don't remember but did Walt's product cause "meth-mouth" and other bad methy things?
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #201
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
For the most part, Sepinwall liked the finale, but said it was almost too neat and tidy...
Would they have been happier if it did leave some storylines not complete and which ones would have made this a better ending?

Old 09-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #202
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

OK, there were some bangs, but this phrase was the first thing in my mind after the episode.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #203
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

"Felina" was a 5.7 household rating/9 share in Nielsen’s metered-market overnight...not sure how that translates to total viewers....
Old 09-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #204
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I read this again.

And I find I agree with his thought here --

Quote:
Walt is reckless.He doesn't think things through, and even when he does, his plans rarely go off without a hitch. He's always been scrambling, always improvising, always trying to deal with one unintended consequence in ways that lead to three or four more.
These are good points.

Walt's plans never work without some problems. That may have been what was missing in this finale.

The crazy bits.

The watching Walt struggle to get what he wants by something almost not working. A feeling of uncertainty whether it can actually happen. Then having it all come together for a moment.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #205
pmyers

Of course I loved it but I did have some nitpicks/questions:

1. How exactly did Walt find somebody that could get that gun and sell it to him with no contacts?

2. Jesse is FAR from free. I'd assume he is wanted and has no money (at least that we know about). His life is probably harder than it was in captivity.

3. WHAT ABOUT POOR HUEL? LOL
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #206
Beryl

Quote:
Quote:
* I didn't put a clock on whether the episode actually had a bigger ad load than the last few, but by keeping ads out of the conclusion altogether, that meant that the opening acts had to start and stop very abruptly. Bills have to be paid, and I also appreciate Gilligan's desire to have the concluding moments uninterrupted, but it didn't play very smoothly -- and I imagine was maddening for the people who caught up via Netflix (with no ads at all) and were watching live for the first time this season.
I was annoyed with the ads while watching but appreciated the front-loading when scrubbing the recording for my Plex library. Well done.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

1. How exactly did Walt find somebody that could get that gun and sell it to him with no contacts?

2. Jesse is FAR from free. I'd assume he is wanted and has no money (at least that we know about). His life is probably harder than it was in captivity.

#1. He has dealt with the guy who sold him the gun before.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #208
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702 View Post
#1. He has dealt with the guy who sold him the gun before.
Can you refresh my memory?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #209
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Can you refresh my memory?
Remember when he bought the pistol without a serial number from a guy for "protection" from Gus (though he was going to use it on him)? They were at Walt's apartment (I think) and he tried out several to see which worked best for him.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #210
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:

Wonder if Jesse can hook up with the Vacuum cleaner guy and get out that way?