TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-24-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
gweempose

Big Brother Finale - 9/24/14

Not a surprising ending by any means, but a satisfying one. It ended as it should have. Derrick not only played the best game this season by far, but he also played the most perfectly flawless game in the history of the show. The two people who didn't vote for him are going to feel like fools once they watch the season and see how in control of the game Derrick was the entire time. I guess I can understand Jocastsa, because with her it was a religious thing, but what the hell was Donny thinking? Did he feel like Derrick betrayed Team America?

Speaking of Donny, I'm glad he won the $25K. I'm also really happy that Frankie wasn't even in the top three, despite his sister campaigning for him on Twitter.

So did Cody just pull a Colby Donaldson and throw away $450,000? I'm pretty sure he did. He's definitely going to be thinking about that decision for the rest of his life.
(3) Minis

Last edited by gweempose : 09-24-2014 at 11:03 PM.
gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
dfergie

Happy with all the winners, Cody did what he thought was right like Colby did...
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:30 AM   #3
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie View Post
Happy with all the winners, Cody did what he thought was right like Colby did...
Cody should've answered the puppet question like this:

"Of course I'm the puppet and Derrick is the puppeteer. I won the final HOH and he's sitting next to me instead of Victoria."

It was amusing how pissed off Christine looked during the Team America reveal.

I also noticed that Caleb was NOWHERE near Amber at any point. Wonder if somebody had a talk with him?

I'm glad Derrick won. He def. deserved it.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:22 AM   #4
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Why does Jocasta think Derrick "fake prayed" with her? He could have been genuine in his prayers. That seemed to be what she based her vote on totally. She is just being bitter and not very Christian-like.

Donny may have voted for Cody out of some other alliance or agreement. He might have just like Cody's game better. I didn't see him as being bitter.

Overall, I enjoyed the finally and the season ended just as I had hoped! Loved that Donny got the Favorite Player prize.

I saw an article this morning that said something like "13 things overheard in the backyard" during the after-party.

One was Caleb commenting on Amber's finale outfit saying something like "She is the prettiest banana I have ever seen".

Also, Nicole said she and Hayden are officially dating and she is thinking about moving to Chicago.

Oh, here it is:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1003194/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:23 AM   #5
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
So did Cody just pull a Colby Donaldson and throw away $450,000? I'm pretty sure he did. He's definitely going to be thinking about that decision for the rest of his life.
When Cody won that last HoH I thought Derrick might be toast, if Cody played logically. But luckily Derrick dodged a bullet when Cody chose out of loyalty. I wish they'd polled the jury about who they'd have picked had it been Cody/Victoria in the final.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #6
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Why does Jocasta think Derrick "fake prayed" with her? He could have been genuine in his prayers. That seemed to be what she based her vote on totally. She is just being bitter and not very Christian-like.
Totally this. It would've been better if she had been the only vote against Derrick.

Fake praying?
Old 09-25-2014, 07:04 AM   #7
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I predicted a 7-2 vote. After Jocosta pretty much saying she was voting against Derrick I figured there would be one more. I just wouldn't have predicted that it would be Donny.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
hummingbird_206

I am very happy with the result. Derrick played a great game. Cody played a good social game, but Derrick was definitely the puppet master.

And I'm happy that Donny won America's fav and that Frankie wasn't even in the top 3.

I understand why Donny voted for Cody. Donny said he thought Cody played the best social game. And Donny left his Skittles at home!
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #9
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
When Cody won that last HoH I thought Derrick might be toast.
I got a moment of real excitement when Cody won the final HoH. When he evicted Victoria I thought dude you just lost yourself 1/2 a million bucks.

I wish someone asked him if he thought his biggest mistake was not taking Victoria to the final 2.

Which also makes me wonder what Derrick would have done? He said it would have gone against him not to remain loyal to Cody but I'm willing to bet he would have booted him at the last second. Guess we will never know.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
Dnamertz

Whew, during that jury discussion with Dr Will, I was getting a little worried that Derrick might not win. If that would have happened I was going to wish they would start letting the viewers vote for the final winner.

Jocasta and Caleb should never be allowed back in the BB house for even suggesting that they were going to vote for Victoria if she was in the final two.

They really need to improve the BB finale, or get rid of Julie and find someone who asks better questions (like Jeff does on Survivor). Let the jury members ask the final two whatever they want...not these softball questions agreed upon by the group. I wasn't as interested in the "big" reveal that Derrick was a cop. I wanted Julie to reveal to those morons that Donny wasn't ex-military. Then after showing the Team America clips, she asks Zach about being Amanda's brother, and not how he felt about being blamed for hiding the clothes? And why bring out the other five HG's who were evicted first and then not ask them a single question?
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #11
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I wish someone asked him if he thought his biggest mistake was not taking Victoria to the final 2.
#11 in the CBS link that markz pasted above:

"Thinking about taking anyone other than Derrick would have been a
betrayal I couldn't live with." - Cody

Seriously? What an idiot. Derrick would've totally understood it.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
#11 in the CBS link that markz pasted above:

"Thinking about taking anyone other than Derrick would have been a
betrayal I couldn't live with." - Cody

Seriously? What an idiot. Derrick would've totally understood it.
Derrick understanding it had nothing to do with it, how hard is to understand that others have different morals?

Me, I would have sold Derrick down the river
Old 09-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #13
bryhamm
randomize

Everything turned out perfect ... Derrick wins, Donnie gets the $25k, Frankie not even in the top 3 (that might have been the best).

Gotta admit, Cody's answers to the questions were pretty damn good. I was just a little worried.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #14
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
Derrick understanding it had nothing to do with it, how hard is to understand that others have different morals?

Me too. I would have said "Derrick, I know we promised each other we would go to the finals, but I have to do what's best for me to win"

Old 09-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #15
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnamertz View Post
Whew, during that jury discussion with Dr Will, I was getting a little worried that Derrick might not win. If that would have happened I was going to wish they would start letting the viewers vote for the final winner.

Jocasta and Caleb should never be allowed back in the BB house for even suggesting that they were going to vote for Victoria if she was in the final two.

They really need to improve the BB finale, or get rid of Julie and find someone who asks better questions (like Jeff does on Survivor). Let the jury members ask the final two whatever they want...not these softball questions agreed upon by the group. I wasn't as interested in the "big" reveal that Derrick was a cop. I wanted Julie to reveal to those morons that Donny wasn't ex-military. Then after showing the Team America clips, she asks Zach about being Amanda's brother, and not how he felt about being blamed for hiding the clothes? And why bring out the other five HG's who were evicted first and then not ask them a single question?
A predictable ending to the most predictable season in BB history. I think the only "surprise" was that it was 7-2 instead of 8-1. I'm glad Derrick won, and but I think Cody shot himself in the foot with his answers to the questions. Too many "WE" did this and "I went back to Derrick and WE decided to do this" and "I found out this and that, and then told Derrick". SO it sounded much like we all thought, Cody was Derrick's henchman. I agree, that Cody made a $450,000 decision not taking Victoria to the end. Dumb move. And in the end, I think Derrick would have respected it if he did that.

I have no problem with Julie running the finale, but the questions were WAY too softball. They seemed like they were written by the production team to avoid any kind of controversy and guarantee that Derrick wins. Also I knew the "doubt" shown by CBS after the Dr. Will session, was another red herring in a season full of obvious red herrings.

We also predicted Donny would win most popular player. He was framed for that award the whole season by the production team.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #16
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Me too. I would have said "Derrick, I know we promised each other we would go to the finals, but I have to do what's best for me to win"
I would almost bet that Derrick would have done the same had the shoe been on the other foot.

All that being said, best part of the entire season was Frankie not being in top 3 of AFP. Made the whole thing worthwhile. I'll admit I got scared for a minute when Julie said they had the most votes ever placed. I assumed that meant that Frankie's sister had rallied her Twitter followers and Frankie had won. Glad I was wrong!
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #17
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
I would almost bet that Derrick would have done the same had the shoe been on the other foot.
I can't decide if you are saying that you agree that Derrick would have sold him out, or that he would have still taken Cody.

Either way, I think he would have taken Cody as well, since he was pretty sure he could convince the jury to vote for him, regardless, and that way he doesn't have to have *ANY* blood on his hands (which was a big thing for him this year).
Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #18
pmyers

I don't believe Derrick for a second when he says he would have taken Cody.

Why did they bring out the other houseguests?
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #19
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:

All that being said, best part of the entire season was Frankie not being in top 3 of AFP. Made the whole thing worthwhile. I'll admit I got scared for a minute when Julie said they had the most votes ever placed. I assumed that meant that Frankie's sister had rallied her Twitter followers and Frankie had won. Glad I was wrong!
I had the exact same reaction when Julie said that.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #20
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
I can't decide if you are saying that you agree that Derrick would have sold him out, or that he would have still taken Cody.

Either way, I think he would have taken Cody as well, since he was pretty sure he could convince the jury to vote for him, regardless, and that way he doesn't have to have *ANY* blood on his hands (which was a big thing for him this year).
Sorry, wasn't clear. I think Derrick would have sold him out. He would have felt bad about it, but I believe at the end of the day (Caleb? lol) he would have justified it as doing it for his family.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #21
pmyers

pros to Derrick for coming up with that "I wasn't nominated once in 54 times". That was pretty powerfull.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #22
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I definitely think Derrick would have taken Cody to the final 2. He knew he could beat either of them. Taking the better player gets him more respect.

Cody winning the final HOH was Derrick's worst case scenario. There was the chance that Cody wouldn't take him, since (at least in my mind) there was no way Cody could beat Derrick, but could beat Victoria. Cody played a good game, and I don't think there would have been much bitterness on the jury that he took Victoria: it was his only path to the money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
I had the exact same reaction when Julie said that.
Julie botched that whole thing and got kind of tongue tied. She said something like "The top three vote getters were Donny, Nicole (and I forget who was the third), and then said "BUT", and I immediately thought there was someone who got more votes than them or they were some other factor and they were going to give it to Frankie. If she had simply said, the top three vote getters were Donny, Nicole (number 3), with Donny the winner (or something like that) it would have made more sense. She kind of muddled her way through it. Not Julie's best night.

BTW, that was an AWFULLY short Q&A with Victoria!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #24
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Zach was the third.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #25
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post

In real life? Absolutely Cody did the right thing. I would be proud of him, and I would've done the same thing?

In Big Brother, where the object is to win $500k? His decision was stupid. And just like you, I would've taken Victoria to the final 2.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #26
verdugan

Quote:
Almost? I would guarantee it 100%!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #27
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
BTW, that was an AWFULLY short Q&A with Victoria!
Well it's not like that she would have had anything to say that could remotely be considered a contribution to the show whatsoever.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #28
Jagman_sl

Did anybody notice than when Julie announced it was time to reveal America's Player that Jocasta immediately began to primp herself. I think she actually believed she was going to be in the running.

I also got a kick out of watching Frankie during the AP reveal. No surprise he thought he was going to be the winner, but I was hoping for a more obvious disappointed look when he wasn't even in the top 3.
Jagman_sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #29
nmiller855

I think Frankie truly believe that he was America's Favorite Player & would surely win the money. The look on his face when Julie announced how many votes there were seemed convinced that it was because of him.
The only interaction I saw between Caleb & Amber was when he walked up to her & grabbed her right hand with his left hand & put it on his shoulder. Then they were out of the camera shot & I couldn't see anything else that happened. He claimed that he was going to walk up & kiss her if she didn't kiss him first.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #30
2004raptor

I'll echo all of the "Glad Derrick won" and "Glad Frankie got nothing" comments.

I will say the look on Cody's face right before he evicted Victoria had me a little worried. I believe he was at least strongly considering getting rid of Derrick.

I just hate(as usual) that it an hour and a half. If it's going to be that long just get to the winner in the first 45 minutes or so and then talk to the jury and other evictees a bit more. I like hearing them tell secrets and finds out things that happened in the house.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote