Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-09-2015, 12:08 AM   #1
David Platt
!Texas

TC CLUB MEMBER
Walking Dead 3/8/2015 'Forget'

Carol is absolutely making me ROFL in her new incarnation in Alexandria.

David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:02 AM   #2
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

She sure does like to tease the kiddies!

Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #3
markz
Hilarity Ensues

LOVE the new Carol! She is even more badass now than on the outside!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:51 AM   #4
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
LOVE the new Carol! She is even more badass now than on the outside!
They won't notice the missing guns, but they WILL notice the missing chocolate. That was a really bad move.

Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 AM   #5
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Yeah, I wondered why she took more of the chocolate??

2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #6
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I think the horse was the metaphore...how long does it take for a human to become feral? Carol has no qualms about doing what she did to a little boy, Rick kisses the wife and then reaches for his gun when he sees her walking with her husband, Sasha is going all PTSD, talking about taking over the place...

if the people who do the W thing on the Walkers don't attack soon, Rick and Co. will do some awful things to those innocent people.

Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 AM   #7
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

The entire episode creeped me out- from Carol's chilling threat to that damn song at the end.
Creepy

And Rick has crossed over to full blown feral- when he kissed Jessie I was so "No... no... don't do it."
And his hand on the gun there at the end in his "I want woman" moment?
CREEPEEE!!!

Never mind the spaghetti and cookie naivete of the townspeople.
This is NOT going to end well.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #8
Alf Tanner
Tivo Dude

They did a good job showing the ''tension'' between rick and that pretty lady.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #9
Bars & Tone
Will Draw for Food

Anyone else notice that the street sign behind Rick when he turns away after deciding not to shoot Jessie's husband reads "Morgan St"?
Is he ever going to show up? Are they just playing with our heads?

And yes, stealing the chocolate was a dumb move. I would have expected Carol to have worked that out.

"Many times, I find the 8" is just too small.":
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"No, I like it small":
Bars & Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:05 AM   #10
packerowner

Did anyone catch the name on the street sign at the end?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg StreetSign.jpg (123.0 KB, 109 views)
packerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:17 AM   #11
MikeMar
Go Pats

Not sure if Carol was taking the chocolate to make another batch of cookies

I know she took it BEFORE she saw the kid who followed her, but Rick told him that Carol would make a batch for him, had Carol already left at that point?

Or was she just stupid

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #12
Necromancer2006

I thought she was told that she could take what she needed?
She'll wind up getting caught about it, the question will be if she'll be able to sweet talk her way out of it.

I think she'll be able to. We now have seen W markings, and just saw the A marking. Are they two competing tribes now?

Given how long it's been now, the Alexandria folks have to realize that when you die, you get turned into a walker, right? Or have they really been behind the walls long enough that they never figured it out?

I get the vibe that Aaron was very much like the Grimes' gang - he's well versed in tracking and very impressed with their skills. I like that he wants one of them out recruiting with him.

I didn't get the sense that Rick was going to take the woman from her husband, I got the sense that Rick has a bad feeling about him. I think Rick (and Daryl) have a real good sense now who is a "good person" and especially with Daryl, sitting down with Aaron and Eric to eat was a vote of confidence of/for them.

Carol doesn't need to worry about being bitten and turned because there's nothing but ice in her veins. I could totally see her carrying through on her threat to kill the boy if he starts asking questions - in fact, I could see her trying to pin the missing chocolate on him!

Another episode goes by and I don't remember seeing Gabriel.

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer2006 View Post
I thought she was told that she could take what she needed?
No, they told her the precise amount she could take (and it wasn't much).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMar View Post
Or was she just stupid
I think she was just stupid.

And it's understandable (after years without treats, it might be hard to resist), but given how precisely and carefully they obviously monitored the chocolate usage, she really should have tried harder to resist.

I suspect in her mind, she thought "I'm already taking guns, which is important, so what difference does it make if I take a little chocolate, which is trivial?" Which would be another example of the huge gap in mindset between the Alexandrians and the, er, Rickites.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #14
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:

Another episode goes by and I don't remember seeing Gabriel.
Or Eugene and Tara. At least I don't recall seeing either.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:10 AM   #15
MikeMar
Go Pats

Yeah so the W

The obvious assumption is that the Wolves gang that we saw from Noah's hometown have made it near them, so that will be the conflict.

As Necromancer2006 just said, do the townfolk (the A's) already know about them or what?

Are the Wolves the outcasts from Alexandria maybe?

MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #16
Necromancer2006

Oh and I absolutely LOVED it when Sasha lost her composure and blew up about the ridiculously silly things they (Alexandria) are worried about. Unless there's some huge reveal coming that shows them to be brutal monsters, they are the most lucky people alive that they haven't been overtaken by a marauding band of murderers like the Claimed Gang or Cannibals or a Governor type with a posse that happened to just stumble upon this walled city.

Especially when Rick said the beams are easy to walk up and that patrols must be put on the walls looking for evidence of people coming or going.

If they haven't done this already, it's crazy lucky that they haven't been overrun before.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #17
JohnB1000

Another enjoyable episode.

I'm really not sure that Daryl is recruiter material, not sure you'd jump to join his group (until you got to know him of course).

Rick going for his gun when he saw the lady/husband didn't make much sense to me.

Carl needs to get his hair cut.

Enid disappeared this week (as did Eugene and the preacher).

Rosita looked very different cleaned up and Abraham looks hilarious with his square red hair cut

I find the actor who play Aaron very off putting, he looks kind of young but has an old voice and an old way of speaking. He constantly reminds of someone (it may just be the child of Kevin Spacey and Justin Timberlake, but he seems more familiar).

Old 03-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #18
JohnB1000

Oh and I thought the horse eating was horribly gruesome. As always, doesn't matter how many people die soon as an animal is in distress I'm unhappy.

Free for ages, then encounters Daryl and dead within the hour.

Do we think someone IS in the tower, and that's why Deanna would not let Sasha go up there immediately ?

Old 03-09-2015, 09:38 AM   #19
Necromancer2006

I also enjoyed Rick sensing/hearing/smelling the walker on the other side of the wall. It seems like nobody else knows the real danger behind the walls in this community and Rick appears to be waffling between relaxing and taking over. The amount of PTSD these guys must be carrying is going to take quite a while to work out. I don't ever see them going soft. I think when the time comes to take up arms again, there won't be any hesitation at all. In the meantime, I think they'll be able to start integrating themselves into the community all the while knowing full well that they could at anytime completely own Alexandria.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #20
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Oh and I thought the horse eating was horribly gruesome. As always, doesn't matter how many people die soon as an animal is in distress I'm unhappy.

Free for ages, then encounters Daryl and dead within the hour.

Do we think someone IS in the tower, and that's why Deanna would not let Sasha go up there immediately ?
I don't get the sense that they are that smart. The more I think about it, the more I convince myself that they have just been the luckiest people on the planet to have landed themselves in this position. They really are that incredibly naive.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
I didn't get the sense that Rick was going to take the woman from her husband, I got the sense that Rick has a bad feeling about him.
I think Rick has completely lost it again and is going full on caveman.

Sure, he may have a bad feeling about the husband- there were several clues that things weren't all rosey in the marriage.
But I also think that Rick will use this to justify something he should stay far, far away from.
Surely there is a single girl around.
It's just mindblowingly stupid for him to fall for a married one.
And married to the indispensable doctor, no less.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:02 AM   #22
Cainebj

Carol = my favorite character on the show.
Sasha = my least. I hope she bites it soon.

The husband at the party?
He didn't look like the guy who was sitting smoking on the porch from the earlier episode. I know a lot of people questioned if Rick was dreaming anyone know if it was the same person?

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:04 AM   #23
JohnB1000

It may well have been the same person but his demeanor was totally different. We commented on that at home.

I think the girl who runs the stores is single.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #24
MonsterJoe
♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Scarlet Letter reference?

Old 03-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #25
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Ok, here is my theory.

The Alexandrites are marking themselves with "A" for living with the walled Alexandria. They are marking the outcasts that they evict with the "W" for living outside with the walkers.

The outcasts then went on to Noah's town and started referring to themselves as wolves, to adopt their "W" as their own symbol. The walker we saw with a "W" was one of the outcasts that didn't make it.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Just seems too coincidental for two different groups to both start making things with a single letter.

Also, as far as the street named Morgan:

Spoiler:
just checked Google Maps. In Senoia, GA where the show is filming the Alexandria scenes, there is a Morgan St, a Morgan Rd, and a Morgan Mill Rd, so that might not be a clue.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Se...6ad364a4496b0e

Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #26
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Not sure how plausible this would be, but I did read a theory elsewhere that maybe those are upside down M's....for Morgan.

Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #27
MonsterJoe
♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Quote:
Ok, here is my theory.

The Alexandrites are marking themselves with "A" for living with the walled Alexandria. They are marking the outcasts that they evict with the "W" for living outside with the walkers.

The outcasts then went on to Noah's town and started referring to themselves as wolves, to adopt their "W" as their own symbol. The walker we saw with a "W" was one of the outcasts that didn't make it.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Just seems too coincidental for two different groups to both start making things with a single letter.

Also, as far as the street named Morgan:

Spoiler:
just checked Google Maps. In Senoia, GA where the show is filming the Alexandria scenes, there is a Morgan St, a Morgan Rd, and a Morgan Mill Rd, so that might not be a clue.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Se...6ad364a4496b0e
Except that Rick's group is the only one that calls them "Walkers" so far. Biters, Roamers....everyone has a different name for them.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #28
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Except that Rick's group is the only one that calls them "Walkers" so far. Biters, Roamers....everyone has a different name for them.
Could still hold true with "W" meaning something else, like evicted for being "Weird", living outside the walls, in the "World" or in the "Wild", etc. I still think it is too coincidental for two groups to be labeling people with letters.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #29
SugarBowl

Why would daryl want to recruit anyone ? He knows there are no good people out there.

SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #30
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Ok, here is my theory.

Who all is marked with the "A"? Wasn't it just the haircut lady and her husband and now Rick? I don't recall seeing that as widespread not to mention it's a little kid doing the marking. You might be on to something but surely Deana wouldn't let a 10 yr old boy decide who gets an A or a W.

And I think it's also not good that Carol didn't tell Rick she got "caught". Seems stuff like that has caused issues for her in the past.