TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2016, 01:39 AM   #1
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

The Walking Dead "Twice As Far" S06E14 OAD 3/20/16 + Talking Dead *spoilers*

OK, be honest. Who else was bothered when Daryl didn't retrieve that bolt.

Abraham: "You know how to bite a dick, Eugene. I meant that with the utmost of respect."

What did Carol mean when she said to Daryl that he was right? And where does she think she's going?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:42 AM   #2
Zevida
witless and unarmed

He was right he should have killed the people in the burnt forest.

Since they buried her, I assume he retrieved the bolt then.

So what was with the stuff at the beginning - were we seeing different days that showed the repetitive life, or different scenes from the same day? I guess the latter?

Any time a red shirt stands around making a big speech you know they are about to die. I really liked Denise too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:58 AM   #3
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
So what was with the stuff at the beginning - were we seeing different days that showed the repetitive life, or different scenes from the same day? I guess the latter?
Had to be different days. They were all wearing different clothes each time. And these people NEVER change clothes!

I was a little miffed that the community (i.e., the writers) would let Denise, who may be the most indispensable person in town, go outside the walls for anything that wasn't a medical emergency. The moment she left, I knew she was dead. (Her speech about not going with Tara sealed the deal.) TWD's lazy writing shouldn't get to the point where it spoils major plot twists!

Rob Helmerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:11 AM   #4
Cearbhaill
Garden obsessed

I don't know how Michael Cudlitz delivers half his lines with a straight face.
And I love Eugene.
Sad to lose Denise, though- I really liked both the character and the actress.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:40 AM   #5
2004raptor
time to emancipate

I didn't really like the first couple of scenes. I guess they were going for something but it didn't really add to the show as a whole.

Didn't watch all of TD but Eugene was pretty good/funny. I am not a huge fan of him on the show but his weirdness kinda works well.

SO, carol is leaving?? That seems odd. I mean I get her point but I can't imagine being out there on your own is any safer.

2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #6
purwater
I make tasty water

The whole Carol leaving doesn't make sense. Just because she says she can't kill for any of them doesn't mean she isn't an important part of the community. A little part of me thought maybe that she's claiming she's leaving to end up infiltrating Negan's gang to eventually kill him. She's definitely capable of planning and carrying it out.

purwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #7
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Originally Posted by purwater View Post
The whole Carol leaving doesn't make sense. Just because she says she can't kill for any of them doesn't mean she isn't an important part of the community. A little part of me thought maybe that she's claiming she's leaving to end up infiltrating Negan's gang to eventually kill him. She's definitely capable of planning and carrying it out.
Interesting thought. The first thing that came to my mind was the speech Rick gave (in the church?) when he announced they would be going after Neegans group. I thought he said something like 'to be with us, you have to kill' and then it flashed to father gabriel. Maybe I'm misremembering how he said it.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:56 AM   #8
Cainebj

I never thought of Denise as a redshirt character.

OK so the guy who fired off the arrow at her - he was the guy in the burnt forest who stole the motorcycle? I don't remember what he looks like.

The car they were driving in was covered in rain - then dry - then covered in rain. Continuity people!!!

Carol leaving? Makes no sense.
The voice over where she says don't come looking for me then cut to Morgan...
I am guessing he's going to go looking for her...

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:00 AM   #9
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Daryl didn't think that a downed tree to force people to walk down the train tracks was an obvious trap?

You can argue that he only took it after the girl used the path safely, but how in the world would he let her use the tracks in the first place?

Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:04 AM   #10
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Oh, I forgot to mention how good Rosita (Christian Serratos??) looked on TD.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #11
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by purwater View Post

Isn't Neegans group already all dead?

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:05 AM   #12
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Also, it has been my experience that when someone is biting my...ahem...member... and I have a couple of knives handy, it is best to stab them in the head to make them let go.

Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:13 AM   #13
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Isn't Neegans group already all dead?
The people at that one outpost are all dead. But given all the build-up to Negan, one might think there's more to the story than we've seen so far...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Also, it has been my experience that when someone is biting my...ahem...member... and I have a couple of knives handy, it is best to stab them in the head to make them let go.
Lucky for you your life hasn't been scripted by the TWD writing staff!

Old 03-21-2016, 07:33 AM   #14
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Whether Negan's group is dead or not, doesn't Carol think they are? It would be weird for her to go looking to infiltrate them. I don't think that's where she's going, although I wouldn't be surprised if we discover that's where she ends up (assuming that story line isn't over... and since there are only two episodes left in the season...) Carol isn't leaving because she thinks she has a better chance of staying alive. She's leaving because she thinks she has a better chance of not having to kill people if she doesn't have anything worth taking: Alexandria is a honey pot and it'll attract bees. If she's there she'll have to fight for it. That's what her note said.

I was surprised they gave somewhat short-shrift to the Apothecary in TD. That was a really amazing set design: just a few seconds told an entire story. Someone, probably the mother, has a broken leg and so can't run from the walkers. She's hiding in that back room with her baby: the baby is crying. Walkers are pounding to get in (see the walker handprints all over the front of the building). She can't get the baby to be quiet so she kills it (visions of M*A*S*H), either accidentally or on purpose. Maybe drowns it? Then goes nuts and writes "hush hush" on the walls, then dies and becomes a walker herself. Super creepy!!

I couldn't really understand Denise's speech on the train tracks. What exactly is she trying to say? That they don't take enough chances? That doesn't track: they take all kinds of chances. Who would risk being bit for a little cooler? That doesn't show you're not living, it shows you have some sense. Maybe she meant in their personal lives? I'm not sure about that either. For me that lessened the poignancy of her death a little bit.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #15
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
I also found it strange how Dwight seemed to do everything BUT the obvious things you'd do in that situation. Hit Eugene's head, stab him, shoot him, etc. Instead, he acted like there was some kind of forcefield around Eugene.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #16
Hcour

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
I couldn't really understand Denise's speech on the train tracks. What exactly is she trying to say? That they don't take enough chances? That doesn't track: they take all kinds of chances. Who would risk being bit for a little cooler? That doesn't show you're not living, it shows you have some sense. Maybe she meant in their personal lives? I'm not sure about that either. For me that lessened the poignancy of her death a little bit.
Yeah, I really liked her little story arc in the episode (which paralleled Eugene's, both of them being among the "weaker" members of the community) until that final spiel. It was way too "speechy" and dulled the shock of her death.

Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:47 AM   #17
Barmat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post

What she was about to say was ... that.... she.....

Barmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:47 AM   #18
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcour View Post
Yeah, I really liked her little story arc in the episode (which paralleled Eugene's, both of them being among the "weaker" members of the community) until that final spiel. It was way too "speechy" and dulled the shock of her death.
That's something this show does. When a character is about to die, he/she gives a speech. I guess it's become such a trope, they do it even when the character doesn't have anything in particular to say. All it does is tell us, "Hey, audience, pay attention...I'm about to die."

It bothers me that a show that at times can be so very good, at other times can be so very by-the-numbers.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:13 AM   #19
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Daryl didn't think that a downed tree to force people to walk down the train tracks was an obvious trap?

You can argue that he only took it after the girl used the path safely, but how in the world would he let her use the tracks in the first place?
My first thought was why didn't you drive the pickup truck down the tracks? I was obviously doable as there were other cars there.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:18 AM   #20
2004raptor
time to emancipate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
My first thought was why didn't you drive the pickup truck down the tracks? I was obviously doable as there were other cars there.
Daryl could barely drive it on the road much less railroad tracks.

But, I thought the tree being down was a definite sign of an ambush. Although I did think it would be real close.

Wonder why they didn't get Rosita when she walked the tracks earlier? Or, how they knew Eugene was with them? Maybe Eugene gave them all the info.

Maybe the tree being down was just simply a tree that was down.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #21
Tsiehta

So, how many "original" Alexandrites are left? I can only think of 3, of the ones we have been introduced to.

Tsiehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #22
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Not sure why they didn't show Tara. Especially when they were burying Denise. And yeah I knew she was doomed from the start.

Abraham and Eugene are my favorite couple!

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 AM   #23
Ereth

Did anybody else get annoyed that the top half of the screen was covered at the end with a Microsoft Surface ad, while the show was clearly still going on? Morgan was doing his exercises and he turns and you can barely make out people pushing carts with weapons, but I couldn't see much more than that because of the Surface ad, and the box showing previews literally covering the actual show.

That, in my mind, is just wrong. The previews and ads shouldn't start until after the show ends!

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:07 AM   #24
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Maybe the tree being down was just simply a tree that was down.

Rosita did say, "This happened fast. Tree rotted out. It wasn't people."

cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:13 AM   #25
JohnB1000

They didn't show Tara because she is off the show having a baby at this point but they could have mentioned her.

Carol knows Negan's group is not dead. The people who captured her called for support and talked about more.

I enjoyed the episode well enough though it was predictable and filled with your typical dumb decisions. I do find it funny how we all assume that people will always make the most logical decision in this scenario.

I stand by an earlier statement that talking about lazy writing is just lazy posting

Old 03-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #26
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I do find it funny how we all assume that people will always make the most logical decision in this scenario.

I stand by an earlier statement that talking about lazy writing is just lazy posting
I might buy that if once in a while, somebody on the show said to somebody else, "You know, that was really a dumb thing you did."

Old 03-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #27
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Tara is out on a multi-week run/recruit worth the curly hair guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:11 AM   #28
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Did anybody else get annoyed that the top half of the screen was covered at the end with a Microsoft Surface ad, while the show was clearly still going on? Morgan was doing his exercises and he turns and you can barely make out people pushing carts with weapons, but I couldn't see much more than that because of the Surface ad, and the box showing previews literally covering the actual show.
I didn't notice, and I feel sure I would have noticed something like that. Maybe it was only for some affiliates/cable companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
Tara is out on a multi-week run/recruit worth the curly hair guy.
Aaron.

Hey, what ever happened to Eric? Did he get killed? I don't remember that but I also don't remember seeing him for quite a while.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #29
gweempose

What was the significance of them moving the weapons on the carts at the end? Were they distributing them to members of the community in preparation for an impending attack on Alexandria?

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #30
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post

That, in my mind, is just wrong. The previews and ads shouldn't start until after the show ends!
Just checked, and that definitely didn't happen on my recording. The Surface ad/previews don't start until the episode is over and there's a black screen for a couple seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
What was the significance of them moving the weapons on the carts at the end? Are they gearing up for an impending attack on Alexandria?
Earlier in the episode, Rosita tells Denise that "Today's lesson will be in the cul-de-sac." I assumed the weapon carts at the end were being taken to whatever location the lessons were for that day.