you've been warned

Spoiler:
http://www.ibtimes.com/ariel-winter-...claims-2393384

Ariel Winter To Be Fired From ‘Modern Family,’ New Rumors Claims

jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #2
pdhenry
Actual TiVo Owner

Steve Levitan denies it right in the article.

pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:51 PM   #3
Jayjoans

I've thought we're seeing Lindsay Lohan 2.0.

Jayjoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
Cainebj

I don't believe it.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #5
robojerk

That article is just click bait...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robojerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
I don't believe it.

Me either; no way the others demand and accept more money at her expense.

cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:31 AM   #7
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjoans View Post
I've thought we're seeing Lindsay Lohan 2.0.
based on what?

Mikeyis4dcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #8
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
based on what?
Google her. Pretty much any article you find from the past few months is going to be about her showing off a new tattoo or her breasts and butt. Or all three. I know she's going for independent and empowered woman, but it just comes off like white trash.

I'm pretty sure Lohan started off as a talented young actress. At some point things took a turn. I can see making the comparison to what we are now seeing out of Winter.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #9
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchBrake View Post
Google her. Pretty much any article you find from the past few months is going to be about her showing off a new tattoo or her breasts and butt. Or all three. I know she's going for independent and empowered woman, but it just comes off like white trash.

I'm pretty sure Lohan started off as a talented young actress. At some point things took a turn. I can see making the comparison to what we are now seeing out of Winter.
Winter has found the body confidence whe was lacking after breast reduction surgery. Lohan did pounds of cocaine. And drove drunk daily. And stole things. And acted like a total snatch.

Yeah, not seeing the comparison.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #10
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyis4dcats View Post
Lohan did pounds of cocaine. And drove drunk daily. And stole things. And acted like a total snatch.
And all that occurred overnight?

I hope you are right. We don't need more Lindsey Lohans. Or Paris Hiltons. Or Kim Kardashians. Admittedly I admire the empires these women have built but I don't care for the message they were built upon.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the body confidence issue. Being empowering is one thing, being trashy is another. She's leaning far too much towards the trashy side lately.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #11
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Cant see that. Alex is a popular character. They can get rid of Joe if they need to cut the budget. Send him to South America to live with his grandma.

There are lots of other ways to trim the fat.

KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #12
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:

You mean her instagram pics of a family vacation with her in a bikini or is there more going on now?

TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:52 AM   #13
Howie
Out of Pocket

I'd yet to see her with the smaller boobs before I saw this thread. If she thinks she looks better, good for her. I think she looks better.

Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #14
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
You mean her instagram pics of a family vacation with her in a bikini or is there more going on now?
No, not that at all. Stuff like the attached. (Granted, by the outfits of the other women in the pic I'm guessing that is a wrap party for her film with Burt Reynolds). And an outfit that was featured on Yahoo Entertainment news a few days ago. Just look up her name and Daisy Dukes. Can't post those pics here.

Of course some of it is just me being a cranky old man. She's a wealthy 18 year old kid having fun. All I can think is I wouldn't want my nieces dressing that way! I just hope she keeps it at having fun rather than making it a lifestyle.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winter.JPG (60.5 KB, 170 views)
Old 07-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #15
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Nothing remotely close to being worthy of getting fired. If that's the biggest scandal we can come up with in this day and age, then I feel sorry for all of the mollycoddled TV viewers. Back in my day, you had to star in a terrible movie solely for the purpose of being topless in order to scandalize tv viewers.

TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #16
pdhenry
Actual TiVo Owner

Did anyone say her newfound spirit is why she may be fired? I thought the thread topic had just shifted toward that (because the pictures are more interesting).

pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #17
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

She's not going to be fired. The whole thing is BS.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:29 AM   #18
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
And all that occurred overnight?

I hope you are right. We don't need more Lindsey Lohans. Or Paris Hiltons. Or Kim Kardashians. Admittedly I admire the empires these women have built but I don't care for the message they were built upon.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the body confidence issue. Being empowering is one thing, being trashy is another. She's leaning far too much towards the trashy side lately.
Nobody would say anything if she were an 18 year old boy.

"I handcuffed lightning and threw thunder in jail." - Muhammed Ali
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #19
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Reportedly, she's attending UCLA starting this fall, so she may be in fewer episodes as a result; somebody may just be playing this up, and will then claim, "Well, they cut some sort of deal where she's in fewer episodes to save money to pay for the others' salary raises."

Then again, didn't Allison Smith attend UCLA during the final season of Kate & Allie? I don't remember that affecting her appearances. (Ari Meyers left the show, but that was because she was attending Yale.)

That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #20
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Nobody would say anything if she were an 18 year old boy.
I can destroy that argument in two words: Justin Bieber.

Last edited by ClutchBrake; 07-21-2016 at 12:08 PM.
ClutchBrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:32 PM   #21
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Let's not forget that she was emancipated from her parents when she was younger, so there's clearly some family issues and drama in her background. That's another similarity to Lohan. I hope Ariel Winter doesn't go that route, but from the stuff I've seen on Instagram, it sure looks like she's trending that way.

Last edited by DevdogAZ; 07-21-2016 at 02:34 PM.
DevdogAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #22
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

So she goes to the beach and weard a bikini? How scandalous! Better lock up 90% OF 18 year olds.

And then posts photos from a big movie she is in with Burt Reynolds? How dare she promote herself in a positive and healthy way, in a movie she gets to star in.

Sorry Clutchbrake, but as she said herself in the article, stop body shaming her. Calling it being an old man is no excuse. Hating someone for their body or what they show off with it is just as bad as hating someone for the color of their skin or their religion. Completely unacceptable.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:45 PM   #23
Mikeyis4dcats

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Reportedly, she's attending UCLA starting this fall, so she may be in fewer episodes as a result; somebody may just be playing this up, and will then claim, "Well, they cut some sort of deal where she's in fewer episodes to save money to pay for the others' salary raises."

Then again, didn't Allison Smith attend UCLA during the final season of Kate & Allie? I don't remember that affecting her appearances. (Ari Meyers left the show, but that was because she was attending Yale.)
Ariel Winter was emancipated from an abusive and overpowering mother in early 2015, got a breast reduction, turned 18, and started college. I think what she's experiencing is normal for the most part.

I've seen a lot more egregious behavior from plenty of others, and no one suggested they were going to end up Lindsey Lohan.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:47 PM   #24
Mikeyis4dcats

I think she posted it well

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF1d9RXk...elwinter&hl=en

Old 07-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #25
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Let's not forget that she was emancipated from her parents when she was younger, so there's clearly some family issues and drama in her background. That's another similarity to Lohan. I hope Alex Winter doesn't go that route, but from the stuff I've seen on Instagram, it sure looks like she's trending that way.
Mila Kunis was on the Howard Stern show the other day. She just happened to comment that many under aged actors get emancipated because it allows them to work longer hours. She mentioned that she did when she started working on That 70s Show, if I remember.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #26
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Hating someone for their body or what they show off with it is just as bad as hating someone for the color of their skin or their religion. Completely unacceptable.
Saying someone wearing shorts so miniscule their backside is hanging out is trashy is the same as racism? Really? Just. Really? I'm sure the black man that was just shot while laying on the ground with his hands in the air feels *just* like hot girl who's told her shorts are trashy.

Your quote in the context above is genuinely one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. Seriously. It's so ridiculous you should go back and delete it. I'll even edit my post so it doesn't show up in a quote anymore.

OK, with that said...

You are completely and totally wrong. Body shaming her? Who on earth would shame that body? She is stunningly gorgeous. But some outfits are trashy. Wearing denim shorts cut so short they are essentially a denim thong is trashy. It doesn't matter if the person wearing them is a man, woman, tall, short, thin, or fat.

Last edited by ClutchBrake; 07-21-2016 at 01:35 PM.
ClutchBrake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #27
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Let's not forget that her character, Alex Dunphy, has been away and college and was absent from several episodes last season. It's entirely possible they could do the same thing in future seasons. They wouldn't fire her or drop her from the cast, but they'd just write a situation where her character is away from the family and only shows up in a few episodes per season.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #28
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Let's not forget that she was emancipated from her parents when she was younger, so there's clearly some family issues and drama in her background. That's another similarity to Lohan. I hope Ariel Winter doesn't go that route, but from the stuff I've seen on Instagram, it sure looks like she's trending that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
Mila Kunis was on the Howard Stern show the other day. She just happened to comment that many under aged actors get emancipated because it allows them to work longer hours. She mentioned that she did when she started working on That 70s Show, if I remember.
It was widely reported that Winter filed for emancipation with the support of her older sister due to accusations that her mother was the "Stage Mother from Hell".

IIRC, her older sister had similar issues with their mother.

From IMDB.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1736769/bio

Quote:
Her sister Shanelle Workman Gray was appointed her guardian in 2012 after the Department of Children and Family Services found that Winter's mother, Chrisoula Workman, was emotionally abusing her daughter. Winter's relationship with her father was deemed not strong enough, therefore her sister was appointed as her legal guardian.

Legally emancipated in May 2015 after years of custody fights in her family.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #29
KungFuCow
Thread Killer

Quote:
No, not that at all. Stuff like the attached. (Granted, by the outfits of the other women in the pic I'm guessing that is a wrap party for her film with Burt Reynolds). And an outfit that was featured on Yahoo Entertainment news a few days ago. Just look up her name and Daisy Dukes. Can't post those pics here.

Of course some of it is just me being a cranky old man. She's a wealthy 18 year old kid having fun. All I can think is I wouldn't want my nieces dressing that way! I just hope she keeps it at having fun rather than making it a lifestyle.
That picture is definitely from a movie set. They had to put those fake tats on her for that movie. I read an article about that a couple of weeks ago.

There hasnt been any rumblings (That Im aware of) of her going off the rails with excessive drinking and drugs so hopefully she stays on track and doesnt go the Lindsey Lohan route.

KungFuCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #30
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Quote:
Saying someone wearing shorts so miniscule their backside is hanging out is trashy is the same as racism? Really? Just. Really? I'm sure the black man that was just shot while laying on the ground with his hands in the air feels *just* like hot girl who's told her shorts are trashy.

Your quote in the context above is genuinely one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. Seriously. It's so ridiculous you should go back and delete it. I'll even edit my post so it doesn't show up in a quote anymore.

OK, with that said...

You are completely and totally wrong. Body shaming her? Who on earth would shame that body? She is stunningly gorgeous. But some outfits are trashy. Wearing denim shorts cut so short they are essentially a denim thong is trashy. It doesn't matter if the person wearing them is a man, woman, tall, short, thin, or fat.
Odd, I'd say the same towards your comments. Her shorts were not her own outfit she just threw on. They were from a movie (as discussed multiple times above). Should the movie be shut down because you judge it to be "trashy".

No, I don't think the black man who was shot feels the same way. After all, you are now slut-shaming her, and he was shot! While both are bad, I think given the choice most people would rather not be shot.

For your education (from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slut-shaming): In human sexuality, slut-shaming is a form of social stigma applied to people, especially women and girls, who are perceived to violate traditional expectations for sexual behaviors. Some examples of circumstances where women are "slut-shamed" include [b]violating accepted dress codes by dressing in perceived sexually provocative ways[b].

If you meet the definition of it, then you are doing it. So here's a recommendation. Stop being a bully (and if you need me to quote to you where slut shaming is being a bully, I would be happy to do so).