TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Thumbs up Grimm "Nobody Knows the Trubel I've Seen" S03E19 OAD 4/25/14

Wow - No Grimm threads since last season - is anyone still watching?

I'm guilty of letting them pile up, and it's not one of the shows I watch right away, but I'm getting caught up this weekend.

I haven't watched beyond this ep yet - I wanted to come here and see what the buzz was on this episode first, only to find there doesn't seem to be any!

This is one of those shows that interests me, but is not "Must Watch" for me. And lately it has become sort of routine(?). But the introduction of this character (Trubel) kind of excites me again. Is she Nick's sister or cousin, or related in any way? How big a part is she going to be - here and gone, or a continuing character?

I had a strong feeling once they found the two dead Wesen that she was a Grimm because she didn't Woge herself. Interesting that she is but doesn't seem to really have any idea what that is or what it means.

Just one of those twists that makes me think this could get better again - for a while anyway. Wanted to see what others thought.

Well???
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
jamesl

I took a break when Juliet lost her memory.
I just don't like her character, and I didn't like the storyline/drama they were trying to go with (was she and the captain going to fall in love or not, would they have sex or not)

I also started catching up again a few weeks ago,
was starting to enjoy again but then...
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Doggie Bear

I've been wondering whether NBC is testing the waters for a "Grimm: Trubel" spin-off.

Also, here's the story about how the actress snagged the role as Trubel (i.e., while in her last year at the U of Michigan).
Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
JYoung
Series 3

Once you finish the season, you'll see the reason they brought in Theresa.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
wedgecon
Just Plain Awesome

I watch the show, mostly because it is filmed in Portland, OR where I lived for 20 years.

The show has gotten better over the years, I kind of like how they did the "zombie" thing in a non typical way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wedgecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #6
cheesesteak
Meh.

The show got much better once Hank became aware of Nick being a Grimm and became involved in those activities.
Spoiler:
I'm hoping Woo becomes involved too.

Trubel seems to be a lot more kick ass as a Grimm than Nick has ever been. She's more like Nick's mom than like Nick.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #7
waynomo
My One Time

I took a hiatus for a bit too during the first season. I was going to delete the season pass and decided to stick with it. I'm glad I did.

I like that they have expanded past the Wesen kills somebody Nick has to find and kill them story line.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I love the show now that they went away from the stupid plot where he can't tell anyone around him what is going on.

It's a really fun show but I find myself needing to be in the right mood to watch it. When I am, I usually watch 2-3 at a time as they pile up.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #9
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
Happy with how the season played out!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
Hmm252000

I like the show so much I signed up as an extra and have been on-set twice now! Sadly both times I was out of frame, so I never bothered to start a thread and mention it. Both times I was a civilian in the police station.

I'm looking forward forward to seeing how things play out with Trubel (terrible name if you ask me). At least the show has been renewed for a forth season.
Hmm252000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #11
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I watched the last 5 episodes of the season last night. Love the new young grimm. I cheered out loud when they said she was a grimm. It just immediately seemed like a great addition to the show in my head. I don't know her involvement with the show next season, but I hope she sticks around for a while.

Last edited by Hoffer : 06-02-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #12
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm252000 View Post
I like the show so much I signed up as an extra and have been on-set twice now!

that's awesome
hopefully you'll get some screen time next time
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #13
hairyblue
A good Man

I'm a true fan. I look forward to watching it every Friday. I always wanted more kick ass fighting, like with the Buffy series. But Nick doesn't really seems to do that too much.

I've like the season plots, or most of them. I found the zombie plot and Nick getting his dead "grim" super senses.

I did not like the whole baby in Europe plot that much. I was glad when it ended. Maybe when the baby returns it will be more interesting.

I was happy with the intro of Trubel. She does seem to be scrappy. I would like to see where the story goes.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #14
logic88

I've been watching but I don't rush to see the latest episode. I usually let it sit for awhile until I get some downtime. I was close to dropping it early on since there were so many MOTW episodes but since they've placed more emphasis on the myth arc, I've been enjoying it more.

The problem with introducing the Trubel character is that it takes time away from the other characters like Monroe and Rosalee, who I like more than Nick and Juliette.
logic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #15
wprager

One of the few shows we usually watch the same night (the other being DWTS).

Last edited by wprager : 06-03-2014 at 11:20 PM.
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #16
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I like Grimm, but I often let episodes build up. I then watch an episode, get hooked and watch like 5 in one day. I actually do that for a lot of shows. Especially the hour long shows. I tend to keep up with sitcoms, because they are shorter. I think Elementary is the only hour long show I don't let build up.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #17
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

I love the show at our house, and the wife is hooked because of Monroe, She thinks he makes the show.
2 DirecTV HR20-700 HD DVR's
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #18
nirisahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl_Gulfer View Post
I love the show at our house, and the wife is hooked because of Monroe, She thinks he makes the show.
Agreed. Monroe and Nick's partner (can't think of his name) are my favorites. Frankly, Nick and Juliette are my least favorite characters.
nirisahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #19
Timbeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I like Grimm, but I often let episodes build up. I then watch an episode, get hooked and watch like 5 in one day. I actually do that for a lot of shows. Especially the hour long shows. I tend to keep up with sitcoms, because they are shorter. I think Elementary is the only hour long show I don't let build up.
I do that with a lot of shows (I'm binging on Fargo now), but Grimm is not one of them. I usually watch Grimm as soon as I see it available.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- visionary
Timbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #20
sieglinde

When Trubel first appeared I hoped she would not continue but the character is brilliant and a good detective
Old 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #21
rifleman69

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgecon View Post
I watch the show, mostly because it is filmed in Portland, OR where I lived for 20 years.

The show has gotten better over the years, I kind of like how they did the "zombie" thing in a non typical way.
I live here and got bored of the show very quickly. YMMV
rifleman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:50 AM   #22
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirisahn View Post
Agreed. Monroe and Nick's partner (can't think of his name) are my favorites. Frankly, Nick and Juliette are my least favorite characters.
Juliette can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned. I thought Nick was a weak character until Hank and the others were brought into his Grimm universe. It's a much better character now that he has support. I like Trubel since she seems to be doing the butt kicking that I thought Nick was going to do. Not sure I'd watch a Trubel themed spinoff though.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:05 PM   #23
waynomo
My One Time

It's funny. I'm not in love with any of the characters on the show. They all have something intriguing, but I don't think any are great. It's the stories that keep me coming back.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:25 AM   #24
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I'm very glad they went away from Nick keeping the secret from everyone to having a "team" approach to the whole thing. The show improved tremendously because of that.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #25
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I'm very glad they went away from Nick keeping the secret from everyone to having a "team" approach to the whole thing. The show improved tremendously because of that.
I agree 100%.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #26
bnbhoha

Does this show get better? I'm on season one episode 5. I hear people talking about it and want to like it, but it kind of sucks right now; I can barely get through an episode. I do like supernatural
bnbhoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #27
Eddief66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbhoha View Post
Does this show get better? I'm on season one episode 5. I hear people talking about it and want to like it, but it kind of sucks right now; I can barely get through an episode. I do like supernatural
You're still in the "Freak of the week" portion of the series and if you can get through that then it does get better. Don't forget, Smallville started out the same way.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #28
mattack

Does anybody know when the last season premieres on Amazon Prime video?

I actually have them dumped from my Tivo, but for a couple of these shows that seem to show up there, it's actually convenient to watch on Prime (esp sometimes while walking on my treadmill, even though I can stream/download to it, the commercial free versions on Prime are convenient)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote