TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2016, 01:04 AM   #1
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Big Brother S18E15 - Battle<=Back (OAD 7/22/2016)

For the sake of good television, I was hoping for Tiffany to win her way back into the game... Can you imagine? She just left, and she comes immediately back in the game? That would have been pretty fun to watch...

Oh well... Victor coming back is pretty uneventful... Everyone was happy to see him, and there didn't seem to be any awkwardness at all...

Interesting that they reused all the games...good leverage!

I couldn't believe that Glen wasted that poison berry...he shouldn't have tried to maximize the consequence...take down 8 balls...why go for 9 and take the chance?

What was up with that last puzzle? Why did the invest so much time and setup of the multi-colored ball pits? Seemed like a big waste...

MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:02 AM   #2
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

That was my exact reaction. I like Victor, but him coming back is pretty boring.

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
justen_m

Yeah, what was up with the ball pits?

For interesting tv, I was hoping for Josea or Tiffany. Victor? Meh. I wonder if he will listen to Tiff's parting advice about trusting Frank and not Da, or is he going to again target the vets? I could see Paulie, with Victor and Paul, trying to oust Frank or Da.

I do like that they at least televised these challenges. On Top Chef Comeback Kitchen, the videos are only online. The vids are posted every week, instead of saving them up for a single, compendium episode, which is nice, but they could do that here, too, just televising one battle a week. They could use it as filler somewhere.

justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #4
dthmj
Hinky

I found it interesting that they acted like this was the first time ever they had a competition to see who would come back - but they did it last season. It was just one comp - last guy standing - but it's been done before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Gaming Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Personal Blog
dthmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #5
Cainebj

I am SO happy Josea's 10 minutes is up. OMG what a tool.

I am also happy Tiffany is not coming back. Yes, it might have made for interesting TV but she is so not interesting to me. I thought it was annoying that her parting shot was "Trust Frank and not Da".

Of the 5, I'm glad it was Victor (i think) he got caught up in an early bad game and now he does in fact have a second chance.

Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:41 AM   #6
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I thought maybe the puzzle pieces were buried in the ball pits, but then they were in the box. That was strange.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:44 AM   #7
angbear1985
Τι ποτέ !

Is Paulie trying to look like Paul now ?

The tennis game was fun to watch. The other games were boring.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post

Interesting that they reused all the games...good leverage!
I had originally assumed that all of the Battle Back comps were going to be broadcast live yesterday. I now realize that the Battle Back comps were actually held shortly after the evictions each week. They simply re-used the sets that were already in place.

The one thing that really sucks about this twist is that it forced people to be sequestered all alone for long periods of time. For example, Glenn was probably by himself for close to three weeks until Jozea lost to Victor. That really bites, especially when you miss your family.

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #9
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
For example, Glenn was probably by himself for close to three weeks until Jozea lost to Victor. That really bites, especially when you miss your family.
I think it was just a little over two (Glenn evicted day 2, Jozea day 16), depending on how soon after Jozea's eviction they held the battle. I would guess Glenn could go home as soon as he lost to Jozea, before Victor was even evicted. Or is there something I missed that indicates Glenn had to stick around after he lost, until Jozea lost too?

justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:05 PM   #10
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
I think it was just a little over two (Glenn evicted day 2, Jozea day 16), depending on how soon after Jozea's eviction they held the battle. I would guess Glenn could go home as soon as he lost to Jozea, before Victor was even evicted. Or is there something I missed that indicates Glenn had to stick around after he lost, until Jozea lost too?
I would have to assume that all eliminated houseguests had to be sequestered until yesterday. Otherwise you would risk someone recognizing him (or any of the other HGs, like Jozea.) I am sure that the HGs are made aware that they could be sequestered for several weeks if eliminated.

TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
stellie93

If all the houseguests were told they might have to stay after elimination, and that's not normal procedure, the coming back shouldn't have been such a surprise. (plus the fact that it's happened before.)

stellie93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #12
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post

I would have to assume that all eliminated houseguests had to be sequestered until yesterday. Otherwise you would risk someone recognizing him (or any of the other HGs, like Jozea.)
Exactly. I was operating under the assumption that ALL the evicted houseguests would have to be sequestered until it was finally revealed to the audience who was coming back in the game. Since they were being sequestered individually, that would mean that you wouldn't be allowed to interact with any other players until you were officially eliminated from the game. Therefore, even though Glen was eliminated by Jozea around day 16, he still had to live by himself until Jozea lost to Victor a week later.

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:45 PM   #13
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Curious if Victor is safe from being nominated.

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #14
MikeekiM
Palindromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
Curious if Victor is safe from being nominated.
I highly doubt it... But who knows? Expect the unexpected, right?

MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote