TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #1
verdugan

Amazing Race S28.E10: Monkey Dance OAD 4/29/16

Kudos to the editors for making it seem like Kurt and Brodie could still catch up.

Brodie's lack of focus/impatience/stupidity/<insert your own term> that resulted in having to use the Express pass came to bite them in the a$$.

If they had used it during the last leg (for example, to bypass the kite task,) they wouldn't have started last in this leg and they probably would still be in it. I'm sad to see Kurt go, but so glad that Brodie is gone.

Great strategy by Burnie and Ashley. They guaranteed that Brodie and Kurt would go home.

Cole is not very bright, but good for him for powering through tasks in this episode. As long as the tasks are purely physical, he'll do fine. It's also striking once he didn't have his overprotective mother, that he was able to do something that he was afraid of without any problems.

Dana treats chickens nicer than she treats Matt.

verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #2
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

All five teams left the mat within 13 minutes of each other. I don't think we had any indication last week that they all reached that boat so close together.

It looks like they'll all leave the mat next episode even closer together, as all four teams appeared to arrive within a few minutes of each other.

I wonder what it was about the seaweed task that caused all five teams to pick the chicken/coconut task. It would have been interesting to see if a team could have picked seaweed and pulled ahead while all the other teams were carrying coconuts.

Very smart strategy by Burnie and Ashley to use the other side of the Double U-Turn on Tyler and Korey to ensure that Brodie and Kurt would go home. I wonder if B&A just came up with that on the spot, or if the teams had talked about that potential strategy beforehand.

The cliff jumping turned out to be a dud. They kept showing all these teams saying how much it would screw up the U-Turn strategy if Cole gets up on that cliff and is too afraid to jump. But then Cole goes up there and doesn't even seem to hesitate.

Side note: Instagram suggested I follow Sheri. Since I didn't recognize the last name, I clicked on the bio to see who it was. According to her bio, she's got six kids! Cole is second oldest. She looks pretty amazing for having six kids.

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM   #3
verdugan

Oh, and did most racers forget about the existence of sun block? Yikes. There were some bad sun burns.

And Matt and Dana couldn't recognize the cylinder as the clue? Geez.

verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote