TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
gweempose

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur "Getting to Crunch Time" OAD 11-19-2014

Wow!

I did not see that coming. I can't believe Jon was able to get Missy to flip on Jeremy so easily. I also can't believe that Keith didn't play the idol. He's one lucky SOB.

I feel bad for Jeremy. He was completely blindsided, and he didn't really do anything to deserve it. I also don't understand the logic behind voting him out. It would have made way more sense for his alliance to throw all their votes at Alec. Nobody would have seen that coming, so even if Keith played the idol, it wouldn't have mattered.

You gotta love how Reed's entire alliance voted against him. Very bizarre tribal.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
dfergie

Made no sense at all and took out the only one I was rooting for ...
dfergie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #3
tivotvaddict
Creatively Challenge

I am having a hard time understanding the original plan (not the blindside or the switch).

On the one hand we have an alliance of six:
Jon and Jaclyn
Missy and Baylor
Jeremy and Natalie

They were going to split their votes for Keith and Reed 3-3, yes? The idea being that if Keith played his idol, Reed goes out.

But, the other alliance has four:
Keith and Wes
Reed and Alec

So couldn't the four of them have voted for any one person in the alliance of six and result in one of them going home?

What am I missing?

tta
Old 11-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
Donbadabon
Geocacher

They must've cut a lot out of the edit, no real reason was shown for voting out Jeremy.

I don't understand why his alliance would flip on him like that. He seemed to be 100% on their side.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:55 PM   #5
Azlen

I was wondering if I missed something. That came completely out of left field.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
tivotvaddict - I was thinking the exact same thing as that was being discussed and was just as confused about how they thought that would work???

The only thing I got from the Jeremy thing was that John was afraid Jeremy would inform the alliance that John had an idol since being on Exile and John didn't want that to happen. He didn't want his deceit exposed or something. I really didn't get the logic for the Jeremy vote, either.

Plus, I think Jeremy confided his suspicion to Natalie, so she could wind up exposing John anyway given they screwed their alliance.

I thought that was pretty raw - "Thanks, Jeremy, for sacrificing your reward. Now we'll send you to Exile and give you a chance to look for the HII (which I already have!). And for the cherry on top, we'll vote you out because you're too smart!"
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:50 AM   #7
madscientist
Deregistered Snoozer

I was sad to see Jeremy go, but on the other hand it does always surprise me how long tribes will keep around a strong player after the merge. Before the merge, keep 'em so you win challenges. After the merge, it shocks me that the strong (physically and/or strategically) aren't the first to go.

So here we lose Josh and Jeremy, arguably the two strongest players, in consecutive weeks. Sucks for us as I wonder if the rest of the season will be much less interesting, but smart gameplay on the part of the group as a whole, I think.

I was surprised at Baylor this week: she really stepped up her game in the challenges.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:18 AM   #8
MNoelH
McGruber

TC CLUB MEMBER
We missed a ton in the edit... why would Alec, Keith, and Wes vote for Reed?
Old 11-20-2014, 04:32 AM   #9
Peter000

No good deed goes unpunished! Once again, we have learned that selflessness doesn't get a contestant anywhere on Survivor. I wonder why players keep making this mistake??
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:13 AM   #10
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Dalton's recap: http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...sur-episode-9/

I thought this ep was great fun. Loved the challenges, although the mud wasn't as awesome as it might have been. The foot building thing was fresh.

Too bad about Jeremy. It just doesn't pay to do favors for people in this show. Natalie is gonna be pissed. I think Jon and Jaclyn just screwed themselves big time.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:28 AM   #11
Necromancer2006

Natalie is in the cat bird's seat now I think. She's probably the only one left now besides Reed who has the slightest clue what's happening game-wise.
Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #12
cherry ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post

And Reed somehow knew to vote for Jeremy? Definitely a lot left out in the edit.
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #13
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Jon and Jaclyn did exactly what I said they should do last week. Jon didn't want to side with Jeremy because he was afraid of him in the challenges. My response was to side with Jeremy and then vote him out the first chance you got.

They did exactly what they should do. Now the only real player left is Natalie. They get rid of her and they control the game.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #14
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Now the only real player left is Natalie. They get rid of her and they control the game.
But will anyone vote for them at the end?

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #15
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I thought they overplayed it by voting out Jeremy. With 9 people left it gave Natalie a reason to switch sides and get revenge. I can see why they voted out Jeremy but they could have waited until the numbers were better.

How did Jaclyns pink bathing suit get so clean, before the challenge it looked brand new. Then after the mud challenge it looked like it had been washed pretty well better than could be done without soap or a washing machine.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

Bummer, I liked Jeremy.

I am pretty sure that Jaclyn's "pink bathing suit" was her bra and panties. Isn't her bikini white?
Old 11-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #17
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I am pretty sure that Jaclyn's "pink bathing suit" was her bra and panties. Isn't her bikini white?
Yes, the pink is her bra and panties and the bikini swimsuit is white with some prints or something on it. But I think someone needs to post pics to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
The only thing I got from the Jeremy thing was that John was afraid Jeremy would inform the alliance that John had an idol since being on Exile and John didn't want that to happen. He didn't want his deceit exposed or something. I really didn't get the logic for the Jeremy vote, either.
John said something that Jeremy would let everyone know that John had been lying this entire time...or something like that. I think they edited out John lying about having an idol last week. I don't remember anyone asking him if he found one or not.

Quote:
What I came up with is that they heard from....who was it? Someone at the beginning of the episode from the alliance of six said to the minority tribe that they wanted Reed gone next. Perhaps they figured if they voted for Reed too that would give Reed the boot is the majority alliance wanted to flush the idol. However, as has been mentioned above, if they split the vote 3-3 then the minority alliance of 4 could vote out whoever they wanted.

I said to my wife early on in the foot challenge that Baylor looked very calm and steady. Looks like that paid off for her.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #18
Peter000

The women sure looked good covered in mud.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #19
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivotvaddict View Post
I am having a hard time understanding the original plan (not the blindside or the switch).

On the one hand we have an alliance of six:
Jon and Jaclyn
Missy and Baylor
Jeremy and Natalie

They were going to split their votes for Keith and Reed 3-3, yes? The idea being that if Keith played his idol, Reed goes out.

But, the other alliance has four:
Keith and Wes
Reed and Alec

So couldn't the four of them have voted for any one person in the alliance of six and result in one of them going home?

What am I missing?

tta
I think the plan was to put four votes on Keith and two on Reed. If Keith doesn't play his HII and there's a tie and revote, then they all vote for Keith. But as I'm typing this, I realize that means that if Keith did play his HII, one of their own alliance would be going home. So now I'm just as confused as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
How did Jaclyns pink bathing suit get so clean, before the challenge it looked brand new. Then after the mud challenge it looked like it had been washed pretty well better than could be done without soap or a washing machine.
Quote:
I think the players bring several sets of clothes to the show and the producers take most of them away and only allow them to start with certain color-coordinated clothes. But then as the game progresses and we get to know the individuals and don't have to identify them by their clothes, and also as the Merge makes the colors irrelevant, the producers then quietly give them some additional clothes that the players brought from home.

Although that doesn't explain how Jaclyn's bikini got magically clean after the mud challenge. Is it possible the scene JFriday is referencing was shown out of order?
Old 11-20-2014, 12:53 PM   #20
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I don't really understand the logic of Jon's move here. It seemed more like a panic move brought on simply because he didn't want to own up to having lied about finding the HII at Exile.

But what I really don't understand is Missy's move. Missy is in a tight alliance with Jeremy, Natalie, and Baylor. Along with Jon and Jaclyn, they're in control of the game. It should be clear sailing for her and Baylor into the final four. But now she flips on Jeremy, sides with an admitted liar, and brings all kinds of unpredictability into the game. How is that possibly going to work out better for her?
Old 11-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #21
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
The women sure looked good covered in mud.
I'm a guy and like women. But a few mysteries about men still elude me. Going to a strip club is one. This is another. I find it very strange.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #22
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Although that doesn't explain how Jaclyn's bikini got magically clean after the mud challenge. Is it possible the scene JFriday is referencing was shown out of order?
I'm almost positive that they showed her with the clean bra and panties after the reward challenge. We had noted how bright it looked before the challenge and paid attention afterwards. I'm pretty sure they reference the challenge the 2nd time they showed her in the cleaned bra and panties. I'll check it out again when I get home.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #23
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I'm a guy and like women. But a few mysteries about men still elude me. Going to a strip club is one. This is another. I find it very strange.
I don't understand the mud thing, either. That wasn't remotely enticing.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #24
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
I don't understand the mud thing, either. That wasn't remotely enticing.
I don't get it either. Jaclyn looked a lot better without mud.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #25
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I think the players bring several sets of clothes to the show and the producers take most of them away and only allow them to start with certain color-coordinated clothes. But then as the game progresses and we get to know the individuals and don't have to identify them by their clothes, and also as the Merge makes the colors irrelevant, the producers then quietly give them some additional clothes that the players brought from home.
That may all be true, but the pink top/bottom she was wearing looked like undergarments to me. Actually, I didn't even really notice the bottom, only that the top was a bright pink and looked like an underwire bra, and I remember noticing it because it was such a different color than what she'd been wearing before and thinking why is she wearing an underwire bra instead of her bikini?
Old 11-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #26
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
That may all be true, but the pink top/bottom she was wearing looked like undergarments to me. Actually, I didn't even really notice the bottom, only that the top was a bright pink and looked like an underwire bra, and I remember noticing it because it was such a different color than what she'd been wearing before and thinking why is she wearing an underwire bra instead of her bikini?
I have no thought on whether it was a swimsuit or underwear. I didn't look closely enough (but I will when I get home tonight ). If you say it was a bra, I'm sure you're right. I was merely commenting on the fact that it's normal for the contestants to get "new" clothes partway through the game, and that's likely why we hadn't seen Jaclyn in this "outfit" before and why it was so bright and clean.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #27
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i pointed out the target on jeremy's back last week, no surprise to see him walk into jury right after josh.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #28
realityboy

I think the original plan involved Alec voting for Reed along with the majority alliance, and he kept his word. That would make 4 for Keith (Jeremy, Natalie, Missy*, Baylor), 3 for Reed (Job, Jaclyn, Alec), and the other 3 were irrelevant. Wes & Keith found out about the vote and threw theirs to Reed to protect themselves and the idol.

*Missy was definitely supposed to be for Keith which would explain why Natalie called her out on the vote. It looked like from her perspective that Missy & Baylor flipped to vote with Wes, Keith, & Reed.
realityboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #29
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
During challenges, she was always adjusting her top to basically fit her breasts back in. I'm no expert on women underwear (like most guys on TCF! ) but maybe her bra does a better job of covering them so they don't pop out. No idea why she would keep the bottom except to match.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #30
stellie93

Quote:
I was doing some other things as I watched, and almost rewatched the whole thing since I was lost at the vote. Glad I didn't bother.

I assume either Keith and Wes figured out they were going to split the vote and thought they would be safe if Reed got 2 extra votes--or Missy actually told them to vote for Reed to save Keith's butt. Still don't know if I would have trusted them and saved my idol if I were him.

I wonder if anyone suspected that Jeremy found the idol and was just lying about it? Of course, John caved pretty quickly. He is a bad liar.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote