TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
Allanon

Outcasts premieres June 18 on BBCA

Outcasts premieres tonight on BBCA at 9/8C. Episode 1 will also air three more times on Sunday.

About the show

TV Schedule

Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
whitson77

It should be noted this was already cancelled on the BBC. It got KILLED by critics. So this is a one and done show on BBC America. Just a heads up.

whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
RichardHead
Musical Klutz

I watched it over the course of the last year. I wasn't all that impressed with it. I didn't identify with anything in the production, people, places, etc. The recognizable faces I know, and liked, from other series just didn't click for me.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
Allanon

Watched the first episode and was bored. And since it was already canceled I erased my season pass.

Allanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #5
sieglinde

8 episodes total. I am giving it more of a chance.
Spoiler:
I thought the main character was going to be the soldier who took his son into the wilderness but both he and his wife were killed in the first episode

Old 06-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
cheesesteak
Meh.

I liked the debut episode. I sometimes have trouble with UK accents so I usually watch BBC America shows with subtitles on. The subtitles for this episode royally sucked. Half of every other sentence was missing.

Fo' Fo' Fo' - Moses Malone
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I liked the debut episode. I sometimes have trouble with UK accents so I usually watch BBC America shows with subtitles on. The subtitles for this episode royally sucked. Half of every other sentence was missing.
There are some Scottish accents in this series which can get thick when the actors are talking fast or shouting their lines.

Last edited by Malcontent; 06-19-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #8
cheesesteak
Meh.

I just finished watching the series finale. I'm sorry it was canceled. I thought the show got better as it went on. The last couple of episodes were pretty interesting.

Fo' Fo' Fo' - Moses Malone
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
Peter000

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wasn't impressed at all with the first couple of episodes, but for some reason I kept watching after I had several episodes in the can, and nothing else to watch. It's still not my favorite, but I'm enjoying it more now.

But I think the mysteries of the planet were just too slow developing/too vague. Not many people have that much patience.

Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
JohnB1000

I liked this, a lot more than Falling Skies as an example

Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #11
Stormspace
Electrocuted by TiVo

Resurrecting an old thread because I just finished this on Netflix. I was disappointed that it was canceled. I thought overall it was a good show, but it did fall into the Sci Fi pit where the enemy looks exactly like us, exactly. The theme though seemed really similar to Earth2, but with more civilization. I didn't know what to think about the hallucinations the crew were having, but did find the discovery and development of the "cure" for C24 very interesting.

And just as CT 10 comes into view over Forthaven the season and the show ended. It was probably going to be more of the same with Political moves among the survivors or a boat load of soldiers bringing military dictatorship to the planet.

I thought it was interesting that the bad guy was an american, slick, manipulative, and pure evil. His plotting and everyone's failure to react to it seemed contrived to me and at times frustratingly dense. Why wouldn't Tate speak out against him, even if it was just among his confidants?

So I don't know if the problem with the show was too slow a reveal or one that wasn't slow enough, ala Lost. That seems to be the trend in these shows of late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stormspace is offline   Reply With Quote