TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #1
cheesesteak
Meh.

Arrow "Time Of Death" 2/26/2014

I am in complete awe of Det./Patrolman Lance's inability to put 2 and 2 together and recognize Oliver as the Arrow. Every episode, I'm like "C'mon man! Doesn't the stubbly beard give it away just a little bit?"

Hopefully, the Laurel drama is out of the way. I spent half this episode wishing she'd go play in traffic.

I liked this villain. It's a shame he was just a one off bad guy.

I've gotten a little tired of the flashbacks. At least this one had a payoff.

Looks like Oliver is going to have some Slade Wilson trouble.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #2
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I am in complete awe of Det./Patrolman Lance's inability to put 2 and 2 together and recognize Oliver as the Arrow. Every episode, I'm like "C'mon man! Doesn't the stubbly beard give it away just a little bit?"
I was thinking that Quinten ain't much of a detective in this episode as well.
I'm willing to grant some suspension of disbelief due to Oliver now wearing a mask but Lance knows that Felicity and Sarah both work with the Arrow.

Who do those people have in common, hmmmmm?
A fellow by the name of Oliver Queen.

I had thought at first that this week's villain was Noah Kuttler (The Calculator) and thinking that they had done a great job by casting Robert Knepper to play him.

When it was revealed that he was William Tockman (Clock King), I was disappointed.

However, I had forgotten that Tockman was originally a comic Green Arrow villain so it makes a certain amount of sense.
(I also had a tendency to confuse Tockman with David Clinton.)

I enjoyed Knepper as Tockman though and hope they can bring him back in the future.

Oliver, Oliver, Oliver.
How could you not think it was a bad idea to go to the Lance dinner hosted by the sister that you love with the sister you're banging?

And Slade reveals himself.
This should be interesting.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Oliver, Oliver, Oliver.
How could you not think it was a bad idea to go to the Lance dinner hosted by the sister that you love with the sister you're banging?
I think everybody but the writers did a "Wtf?" at that one.

I loves me some Felicity but I have a hard time forgiving her for that blackmail stunt she tried to pull on Moira.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
I think everybody but the writers did a "Wtf?" at that one.
Except the writers had it blow up in his face, so they knew what they were doing.

Obviously they wanted to bring that conflict into the open, and chose the clumsy, lazy way of doing it. But hey, that way they could spend more time on figuring out ways for Det. Lance not to figure out who the Arrow is!

(I love this show, I really do. It's become one of my favorites. But sometimes the writing is so cheap it cracks me up.)
Quote:
I loves me some Felicity but I have a hard time forgiving her for that blackmail stunt she tried to pull on Moira.
You have to remember, badassery is not born, but often thrust upon you.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
john4200

Quote:
I thought that Felicity deserved praise for that. She is loyal to Oliver, so no way is she going to keep important information from him. But she did not want to ruin his relationship with his mother, so she tried to get his mother to tell him. But his mother refused to tell Oliver, so Felicity told him herself.

I think most of Oliver's anger is because his mother kept yet another secret from him. If his mother had confessed herself, I think he would have forgiven her. So Felicity was doing the right thing to try to get his mother to tell him.

I do not think Oliver realizes his hypocrisy with being upset his mother kept the secret from him, but he turns right around and keeps the secret from Thea (not to mention the whole Arrow secret).

Last edited by john4200 : 03-01-2014 at 07:37 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
justen_m

Quote:
And Slade reveals himself.
This should be interesting.
This was the coolest thing in the episode.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #7
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

The Slade aspect will get very interesting. Couple of things I was wondering about: is Barry Allen gone from Arrow for good? Is the next time we see him going to be in the Flash show? Also, didn't Alex Kingston have a british accent in her first couple of appearances? What really annoys me about this show is the british actors with terrible american accents.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #8
dtle

Quote:
Also, didn't Sara say something like "We saw you leave the party"?!?!?
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosofy View Post
Couple of things I was wondering about: is Barry Allen gone from Arrow for good? Is the next time we see him going to be in the Flash show?
They've shot the pilot (and there are some pictures of him in costume floating around the net) so I guess we'll see.

Quote:
Also, didn't Alex Kingston have a british accent in her first couple of appearances?
I don't think so. I think it was a bit more pronounced in her first appearance last season but it seemed to me that she was trying to sound more "American".
(Of curse, since they shoot in Vancouver, maybe she was trying for "Canadian".)

Since they made a point of her saying that she was staying in Central City, maybe she'll pop up on the Flash series.

Quote:
What really annoys me about this show is the british actors with terrible american accents.
Hugh Laurie weeps.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 03-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
What really annoys me about this show is the british actors with terrible american accents.
I'm not sure who you're talking about aside from Paul Blackthorne, and he's kind of an interesting case. He's done perfectly fine American accents in the past, but those were generic; I think what's throwing him off here is trying to do a specific American accent. And that seems to be a common shortcoming...Brits can do the Standard Newscaster, but then they try Southern, Brooklyn, etc., and they fall short.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #11
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I'm not sure who you're talking about aside from Paul Blackthorne, and he's kind of an interesting case. He's done perfectly fine American accents in the past, but those were generic; I think what's throwing him off here is trying to do a specific American accent. And that seems to be a common shortcoming...Brits can do the Standard Newscaster, but then they try Southern, Brooklyn, etc., and they fall short.
Vivian Leigh?

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #12
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Vivian Leigh?
Holy crap, she's in Arrow?!?

Old 03-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #13
Philosofy
Super Duper Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Both Blackthorne and Alex Kingston.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #14
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
Also, didn't Sara say something like "We saw you leave the party"?!?!?
I thought so too...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #15
cheesesteak
Meh.

It could be construed that they were lurking in a dark alley and saw him leave. Still, Lance's acute case of NotPuttingItTogeher-itis is remarkable.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #16
Jagman_sl

Quote:
It could be construed that they were lurking in a dark alley and saw him leave. Still, Lance's acute case of NotPuttingItTogeher-itis is remarkable.
So now that Oliver and Sara are hooking up, how long before she's killed again?
Jagman_sl is offline   Reply With Quote