Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #31
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
The first season was watchable, but if this is an indication of what season 2 is going to be like my TiVo will have one less season pass.
Well, at least most of you won't be in these threads anymore...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #32
nyc13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Yeah, just like Under the Dome
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #33
jehma

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan View Post
I did spew Coke when Miles told Charlie to "keep the stupid to a minimum".
Yeah, that made us all laugh. Even my 13 year old said "they should take their own advice".
jehma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I kinda liked the episode...that is, until the end when they brought back Aaron. I thought the writers said they wanted to make this into a survival story not a supernatural / Sci Fi one, yet it looks like that's exactly what they are doing with that.
Spoiler:
In that 2013 Comic-Con video I referenced in the other Revolution thread, they alluded to the fact that turning the power back off was going to cause some strange problems with the laws of physics and cause some weird things to start happening, such as what Aaron saw with all the lightning bugs.

I don't know why everyone thinks those were nanobots when they plainly showed the lightning bug sitting on Aaron's hand. My guess is that the strange effects and maybe the nanobots had something to do with Aaron being dead for two hours, as they mentioned in the preview for next week's episode.

mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
gweempose

After last season, I assumed that the gang would be forced to join forces with Monroe to battle the new threat. Thus far, this doesn't appear to be the case.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #36
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
After last season, I assumed that the gang would be forced to join forces with Monroe to battle the new threat. Thus far, this doesn't appear to be the case.
Good, I hope it stays that way. That would be too formulatic (if that's a word). It would be the usual, join forces with the big baddie to beat back what is perceived as a bigger threat, and in the meantime, the big baddie connives his way back into power and turns out to be even worse the second time. All the while, our hero warns everyone NOT to join forces with big baddie. I'm so tired of that plot.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
PotentiallyCoherent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
See post #20.
Saw it just after I posted.
PotentiallyCoherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
ADG
Allan

Quote:
If only the same could be said for you. Do you ever have anything nice to say to - or about - anyone?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
If only the same could be said for you. Do you ever have anything nice to say to - or about - anyone?
I find it curious that you take the time and effort to insult me...I don't thread crap like the majority do here. If you don't like or watch a show, why bother posting in the thread? I don't subscribe to that insanity. If I don't agree with someone in a show we both watch, I have no problem airing my disagreement in the appropriate thread. But while I try not to insult people....that doesn't mean I always succeed...

Last edited by Bierboy : 09-27-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #40
stellie93

Quote:
I think I would be pretty messed up if I found out what I had done had resulted in the deaths of a couple of million people. I don't fault Rachel for that.
Not only the bombs, but the blackout in the first place seems to be at least partly her fault.

Quote:
LOL This cracked me up.
stellie93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #41
hefe
Rebus Philbin

I tried to watch. I got half way through. Will try again, but it's tough to sit through.

I'm compulsive about finishing what I start. :| I hope it gets cancelled quickly so I can be released.

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #42
Polcamilla
Still up here...

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Spoiler:
In that 2013 Comic-Con video I referenced in the other Revolution thread, they alluded to the fact that turning the power back off was going to cause some strange problems with the laws of physics and cause some weird things to start happening, such as what Aaron saw with all the lightning bugs.

I don't know why everyone thinks those were nanobots when they plainly showed the lightning bug sitting on Aaron's hand. My guess is that the strange effects and maybe the nanobots had something to do with Aaron being dead for two hours, as they mentioned in the preview for next week's episode.
There was a Futurama that featured this same basic plot, but with worms, not nanobots....so I was wholly unsurprised by the end of the episode.

Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - video card failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - hard drive failure
Philips 60 hr. Series 1 - misreporting drive space, exchanged approved, REVIVED!! (Thank you,TiVoCommunity!), fried modem
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - loose screw and noisy fan
TiVo 80 hr. Series 2 - returned because it was too noisy for a bedroom

....and still part of the
TiVolution!
Polcamilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #43
mrdazzo7

I didn't think it was *that* bad. I like it enough to keep it in there. I think people are being a little too critical of it considering it's only the first episode back... give it a hot second, lol. I liked the fake out in the beginning that made it look like they stopped the bombs at the last second... As to why they didn't turn the power back on immediately after, I'm guessing whatever Aaron did to kill it that time was irreversible. Granted if one wanted to keep harping on the details, one could ponder the fact that if the nanites are what "blocked" the power for 15 years, and Rachel/Aaron turned the power back on by EMP'ing the nanites, then how exactly did he reactivate them when killing the power the second time? But anyway...

I'll keep watching for now. I like the idea of the split-up nation having to unite against a group of people claiming to be the government of the united states, and I'm curious to see what that group has planned... I also like how that sweeping, calculated, "smile to your face while I stab you in the back" opponent is balanced by the devolved, ultra-violent and highly insane War Tribe. Hopefully the season being focused on survival and actually revolting will be better than last seasons "turn the power back on"... We'll see where it goes...

I do think it's funny how many people absolutely hate this show but continue to watch every week. I can see if you hated the end of last season but wanted to give it a second chance so you tuned in to see if it changed, but there are people who hated every episode from the start of the show, lol. Take my cue with The Following... loved first half, disliked second half, absolutely hated the finale. Since I"m hopeful the writers learned some valuable lessons, I'll probably watch the premiere to see what they do but if that sucks too, then I'm out. There's no sense in watching shows you don't like.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #44
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
I didn't think it was *that* bad. I like it enough to keep it in there. I think people are being a little too critical of it considering it's only the first episode back... give it a hot second, lol....

...I do think it's funny how many people absolutely hate this show but continue to watch every week. I can see if you hated the end of last season but wanted to give it a second chance so you tuned in to see if it changed, but there are people who hated every episode from the start of the show...There's no sense in watching shows you don't like.
Exactly my viewpoint....thanks for articulating it so well.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #45
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Granted if one wanted to keep harping on the details, one could ponder the fact that if the nanites are what "blocked" the power for 15 years, and Rachel/Aaron turned the power back on by EMP'ing the nanites, then how exactly did he reactivate them when killing the power the second time?
From where do you get the idea that the nanites were hit with an EMP? There is no evidence of that shown. In fact, the most obvious way is they are controlled by some sort of software from the Tower's computers. We don't know what Aaron did to turn them back off, or whether or not it was permanent. I'm sure we'll find out as the season progresses.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #46
gweempose

Do the necklaces still work, or have they been rendered useless? They clearly showed that Aaron still had one in his possession.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #47
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Do the necklaces still work, or have they been rendered useless? They clearly showed that Aaron still had one in his possession.
Would that be why he "woke up"?
Old 09-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #48
ADG
Allan

Quote:
I find it curious that you take the time and effort to insult me...I don't thread crap like the majority do here. If you don't like or watch a show, why bother posting in the thread? I don't subscribe to that insanity. If I don't agree with someone in a show we both watch, I have no problem airing my disagreement in the appropriate thread. But while I try not to insult people....that doesn't mean I always succeed...
Unless I'm mistaken, these threads are for ALL of us to express our opinions of the show(s). If I created three or four posts in a thread that bashed a show then I'd absolutely be a target at which you could take potshots. But if I don't care for a show I have every right to say so. And I wasn't trying to insult you, only point out that YOU tend to insult a lot of other members whose posts you either don't like or disagree with. Personally, I don't care for your style and I'm very comfortable saying so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #49
jamesl

Quote:
I do think it's funny how many people absolutely hate this show but continue to watch every week. I can see if you hated the end of last season but wanted to give it a second chance so you tuned in to see if it changed, but there are people who hated every episode from the start of the show...
I actually gave up on the show 5 minutes into episode 1 of season 1

when they were crawling into that bus or whatever it was and that teenage boy was wearing that perfectly clean, sparkling white tshirt

I said - I'm outta here
didn't watch anymore until the last episode of season one because I knew there'd be a cliff hanger and I was curious what it would be

that episode wasn't terrible,
it was actually pretty good
I was pretty excited to see where'd they'd go and ...

well, I already gave my opinion a few posts above where I thought they'd go and what I was expecting

as I said I think I'll stick with "The Middle" but keep checking the forum to see if anything happens that might cause me to change my mind
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #50
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, these threads are for ALL of us to express our opinions of the show(s). If I created three or four posts in a thread that bashed a show then I'd absolutely be a target at which you could take potshots. But if I don't care for a show I have every right to say so. And I wasn't trying to insult you, only point out that YOU tend to insult a lot of other members whose posts you either don't like or disagree with. Personally, I don't care for your style and I'm very comfortable saying so.
Wow somebody pissed in your wheaties...there's a MAJOR difference between expressing opinions as you put it and thread crapping. And that's what I see a lot more of these days. Just leave the threads completely if you don't like the series. No use beating a dead horse. And I couldn't care less what you think of my style...
Old 09-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #51
ADG
Allan

And there you go.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #52
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
And there you go.
There are other people here, myself included, who value Bierboy's contributions to our conversations, regardless of your opinion.

Lighten up, bro, or even better, move on..

Last edited by mrdbdigital : 09-28-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #53
hefe
Rebus Philbin

If people are thick skinned enough not to be bothered by the suck that is this show, how can they be bothered by anything said in this thread?

Hefe's a cruel man, but fair.~edhara
That hefe, he's really smart!~Fish Man
hefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:34 AM   #54
Crobinzine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefe View Post
If people are thick skinned enough not to be bothered by the suck that is this show, how can they be bothered by anything said in this thread?

Crobinzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #55
trainman
Nice to see you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
At least the writers have good taste in music...At least IMO. :-)
Seems like, if nothing else, they have a much bigger music budget this season.

Or maybe they blew it all in the first episode and there won't be any other recognizable songs heard for the rest of the year.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 AM   #56
Church AV Guy

So, where were you when THE SURGE happened?

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #57
cheesesteak
Meh.

Odd that Charlie decided to get knocked up to start the new season.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #58
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Wow somebody pissed in your wheaties...there's a MAJOR difference between expressing opinions as you put it and thread crapping. And that's what I see a lot more of these days. Just leave the threads completely if you don't like the series. No use beating a dead horse. And I couldn't care less what you think of my style...
This made me laugh. Mr. Negative himself is whining about people being negative.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #59
kettledrum

Did Rachel take that thing out of her leg from last season and jam it into Aaron's chest? Would it even work at this point? We haven't been given enough information yet, which I assume will be coming in flashbacks in future episodes.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #60
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polcamilla View Post
Two things were worthwhile in this episode: Miles telling Charlie to tone down the stupid and the carnival barker trying to lure people into a tent to see "David Schwimmer, the last surviving Friend!"
I would have LOVED to see that guest starring role actually play out! If they would have had David Schwimmer in a cage and people paying to see him, it would have been awesome!

Or even if you could pay to fight David Schwimmer!

markz is offline   Reply With Quote