Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #121
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
I'm probably in a minority but Momma Goldberg is kinda hawt..
I hated her in Rules of Engagement and as a carryover I disliked her at the start of the season but she's slowly winning me over.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #122
LifeIsABeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
I hated her in Rules of Engagement and as a carryover I disliked her at the start of the season but she's slowly winning me over.
Was recently watching a Modern family rerun and one of the characters looked familiar. I looked on IMDB and it was the mother. She played one of the lesbians whose child pushes Lily and is then picked up by Cam.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #123
Ment

Quote:
You mixed up Megyn Price (Audrey - Rules of Engagement) and Momma Goldberg: Wendi McLendon-Covey (Clemmy -Reno 911). They have some similarity tho in features and body type.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #124
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
You mixed up Megyn Price (Audrey - Rules of Engagement) and Momma Goldberg: Wendi McLendon-Covey (Clemmy -Reno 911). They have some similarity tho in features and body type.
no, she was Liz in ROE, she lived in Audrey's building and married russell IIRC.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #125
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Quote:
no, she was Liz in ROE, she lived in Audrey's building and married russell IIRC.
Yeah, she was the loserish chick that had all the cats and knocked boots with David Spades character a couple times. Spade was grossed out by her, but always seemed to go back to her. She always seemed kinda whatever about him.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #126
Ment

Quote:
Wow yes you're right. Cat Liz was horridly unappealing, I didn't even connect the two until right now. Guess Wendy is a good actress.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #127
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Another very funny episode. We laughed a lot. Both this and Brooklyn 99 have gotten better and better since the pilot.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:21 AM   #128
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

Another very funny episode. We laughed a lot.
Agreed. There were a lot of good laughs in this one. The video store clerk definitely had some great lines.

Edit: Oh wait, I think I'm an episode behind ...
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #129
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

This show definitely makes me laugh.

I have to say, I don't ever remember being embarrassed by my parents. It does seem like something you often see though. A guy I grew up with always mentions on Facebook how his daughter is super embarrassed by him. That if he is ever around her friends or at her school for something, he is not allowed to talk. I never felt this way at all about my parents. Maybe my parents just didn't say stupid stuff.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #130
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Wendi was on Ellen yesterday, and she said all those sweaters she wears actually belonged to the real Mrs. Goldberg
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #131
sharkster

Just watched current ep last night. I am so not a kid person, but I really love the Adam kid.

I think Wendi Mc-etc is really great in this role. I am a big fan of Rules of Engagement and she played the grossest character - in pretty much every way. In this show I think she is really pretty - just kind of 'intrusive parent' gross in a different way. I enjoy her as an actor.

The whole thing with Adam's dance was pretty good.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #132
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
Wendi was on Ellen yesterday, and she said all those sweaters she wears actually belonged to the real Mrs. Goldberg
That is awesome!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #133
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I enjoyed this last episode. I hadn't been watching but the reviews here made me giveit a try. I will be watching again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #134
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIVO_GUY_HERE View Post
Very cool! I love how they are actually using stories and scenarios from his own childhood. At the end of each episode there is always a shot, or a very short video piece with the actual family.

I hope this show lasts. So many sitcoms come and go these days. This is one of several, this season, that I'd love to continue watching.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #135
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Virtually the entire school dance happened to me, only my mom wasn't the "embarrassing" one... in fact, all the kids wished their moms were as cool as her. They had no idea, I only wish I had been as popular as SHE was.

But yeah, right down to the Jr. High slow dance, 4 feet apart from one another. They didn't do the Jr. High Shuffle though, which is a shame.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #136
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

The only odd thing about this show is it seems all the actors have Chicago accents, not Philadelphia ones. It's not that difficult to imitate either.

I like how each of the characters are just slightly over the top versions of people I know.

I loved how the older brother fooled the dad about "the talk". That cracked me up.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #137
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

The "real video" of the real Adam Goldberg and his mother dancing shown at the end of the show this week was epic! She was all over him-clinging to him, literally smothering him..."AWKWARD" indeed! So funny!

And at the beginning of the ep, when Beverly was picking Adam up from school and she was asking him, loudly, if he had to "make," "make poopies.." -OMG! How mortifying!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #138
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
And at the beginning of the ep, when Beverly was picking Adam up from school and she was asking him, loudly, if he had to "make," "make poopies.." -OMG! How mortifying!
That was hysterical. And she was also making hand motions simulating this. Fantastic.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #139
LifeIsABeach

This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. You can't eat that, it's a brain! Great stuff.

Liked the girl friend (not girlfriend!) stuff as well and good to see she was real.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:02 PM   #140
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
Liked the girl friend (not girlfriend!) stuff as well and good to see she was real.
That was great. And the TV girl did have a good resemblance to the real 'muscles'.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:04 AM   #141
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbadabon View Post
That was great. And the TV girl did have a good resemblance to the real 'muscles'.
That was very well cast. This show continues to hit it's mark. Very well done. You can truly believe these people are related.

I know ratings aren't good, but I hope they give it another season. I'd miss this show.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 AM   #142
windracer
joined the 10k club

"I'm not mad, just ... disappointed."

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #143
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

That awkward almost kiss between Adam and "muscles" brought back so many memories.

When they mentioned That's Incredible I swore they made a mistake and that was from the 1970s, but I was wrong, early 80s. That show was kind of a precursor to some of the current reality stuff we see today.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:08 AM   #144
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
That show was kind of a precursor to some of the current reality stuff we see today.
It was our generation's YouTube. That, and "Real People" (which was the late 70s).

|
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #145
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
It was our generation's YouTube. That, and "Real People" (which was the late 70s).
I realized that Real People was the show I was thinking about from the 1970s, not That's Incredible.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #146
nyc13

Yeah, but When Harry Met Sally was 1989, and they probably weren't seeing it on video until almost 1990.

Still an awesome show, but little things like this take me out of the story for a moment if I let them.
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #147
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc13 View Post
Yeah, but When Harry Met Sally was 1989, and they probably weren't seeing it on video until almost 1990.

Still an awesome show, but little things like this take me out of the story for a moment if I let them.
Adam Goldberg has stated this is why he says 1980 something instead of giving a year. He's admitted to taking liberties with timelines and he is writing this as if it's someone remembering something that happened 30 years ago, and that people (except maybe Marilu Henner) don't remember exact details of when and where things happened. Obviously the stories are what make the show, not the detail on timeframe. We've seen Adam be the same age in 1983 as he is in 1989
Old 02-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #148
sharkster

This show just keeps being great! Does anybody know if it has been renewed beyond this season? I sure hope so. Love the whole cast. Love the 'characters'. Love the way they show actual videos and still shots of them from back then.

I also noticed the striking resemblance btwn 'Muscles' and the actor who played her. Almost twins!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #149
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

We were watching this episode with my 12-year-old son, and after the character watched When Harry Met Sally and had his epiphany, while he was running, my son asked, "How old is he again?" I said, "12," and he got this look on his face.

Then it all ended realistically and he LOVED it. I think this is his favorite show. Our family loves it.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #150
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
We were watching this episode with my 12-year-old son, and after the character watched When Harry Met Sally and had his epiphany, while he was running, my son asked, "How old is he again?" I said, "12," and he got this look on his face.

Then it all ended realistically and he LOVED it. I think this is his favorite show. Our family loves it.

Greg
This show and The Middle I think are the two best done "family" sitcoms. Both are generally real in the depiction of family situations. And the casts of both shows appear to really have chemistry. Modern Family too, but it's different in that outside of a couple of instances, I really don't relate to their family foibles all that much (the one that stands out to me that does is the TV remote episode).