TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
abovethesink

Adding new channels and CableCard

If a cable provider adds a channel, say FXX, do you have to do anything to get it or should it just show up? I know you'd need to add it to your guide, but for whatever reason I TiVo won't tune FXX for me and I'm not sure why. I have a tuning adapter too if that matters.

EDIT: Time Warner Cable
abovethesink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
dlfl
Cranky old novice

You shouldn't have to do anything and you should get a message about it, although perhaps later than the lineup change. As usual, there are ways this may not work so you might have to make a phone call or two and/or power-cycle your TA and restart your Tivo.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
mdscott

The new channel is automatically added to you My Channels list which can be a problem for example if it is HD and you are working with an older DVR.

The same will occur if an existing channel is relocated. In this case Season Passes will follow if none of the channels identifying metadata changes.

michael
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Most providers still have FXX in a sports package, as it was recently changed from the Fox Soccer Channel. I assume this also applies to TWC.

Until the provider moves it out, into another tier/package, you would need to add the relevant sports package to your account.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
rainwater

You aren't notified of channel renames. So I don't think you will be notified for FXX since it was the Fox Soccer Channel. I've seen a few cases where they did delete and add a new channel but in general it will just change in your guide.

I do think TiVo should tell you when a channel is renamed. I don't know why they don't.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote