TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Balzer

Smile Roamio is on the way... (FanBoy Warning)

Nice... Order placed on Monday, shipped on Tuesday, scheduled delivery is Thursday with the free standard shipping.

As an admitted TiVo fanboy and something of a tech geek, I can't wait for the setup process and the exploration of the new model! I already had Friday off, and now the day off will be even better...

I still remember the day I setup my first one, the first generation Phillips TiVo! To this day, there has been nothing I have ever purchased that had a greater Wow effect than that first TiVo. A new car, an HDTV, Smartphones, computers, GPS's, blah, blah blah.. That original TiVo is still the coolest thing I have ever purchased in my life.

Just sayin!

(still don't like the Roamio name, but whatever)..

Roamio/Stream (Sep '13 - Present)
Premiere "B" (July '12 - Oct '13)
Premiere "A" (August '11 - Present)
TiVo HD (July '07 - July '12)
TiVo S1 (August '01 - July '07)
Balzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Which TiVo are you coming from? If it's a S3 then there will be a lot to play with. If it's a Premiere it's basically the same UI just a LOT faster, so not much new to play with.

Also if it's a Premiere I highly recommend you use kmttg to transfer your SPs from your old TiVo. Unlike the TiVo website it actually works with shows not currently in the guide, so you wont end up with any weird "corrupt" listing in your SPM. It can also move auto-record Wish Lists which the website can not.

If it's a S3 the website is your only option.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Balzer

Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Which TiVo are you coming from? If it's a S3 then there will be a lot to play with. If it's a Premiere it's basically the same UI just a LOT faster, so not much new to play with.

Also if it's a Premiere I highly recommend you use kmttg to transfer your SPs from your old TiVo. Unlike the TiVo website it actually works with shows not currently in the guide, so you wont end up with any weird "corrupt" listing in your SPM. It can also move auto-record Wish Lists which the website can not.

If it's a S3 the website is your only option.
Well, I'm coming from the Premieres, so not much that's new. But I still look forward do it... and maybe the potential for new and better things to be added in the future...

Thanks for the tip on kmttg. I downloaded it last week, but haven't played with it much.

Roamio/Stream (Sep '13 - Present)
Premiere "B" (July '12 - Oct '13)
Premiere "A" (August '11 - Present)
TiVo HD (July '07 - July '12)
TiVo S1 (August '01 - July '07)
Balzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
JasonD

Great I love my Roamio eventhough it refuses to record fox, it must be a progressive Tivo.
JasonD is offline   Reply With Quote