TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #1
Thom

Roamio Video on Demand auto download not working

I have two base Roamios, and two Series 3 OLEDs.

The Video on Demand Season Pass automatic downloads do not work on the Roamios, but do work on the Series 3 OLEDs.

Example: Tekzilla. I've had a season pass to Tekzilla on one Series 3 for a year or two. No problems.

I migrate from a Series 3 to a base Roamio, transfer my OTA season passes and shows to the Roamio, and let them both run for a couple of days. The Roamio is working fine for the OTA shows.

I then add a season pass for the Tekzilla web show to the Roamio. A week or two later, I realize I'm not getting Tekzilla web shows. If I surf the Roamio to the Tekzilla listing, I can select a show and use Watch Now without problem. But automatic transfer via season pass or manually selecting several past episodes to be downloaded to the Roamio does not work. A few past episodes will download, then nothing more.

I tried a different base Roamio, same problem.

Each week, a Tekzilla show appears on the Series 3, but no show appears on the Roamios.

All TiVos are connected to the same netgear switch in the media center. All TiVos use the same DNS config, subnet mask and gateway. Each Tivo has a unique static IP address configured on the same subnet. All TiVos connect to the TiVo service, and Netflix and Hulu Plus without problem, so the problem must be with Roamio implementation of this function.

I get the same symptoms for a Security Now web show season pass as well.

The base Roamio software is not up to snuff.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote